Venator Animation

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Venator Animation

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Just a text selection to paste into you're .anm file. It creates an animation for the venator in a space map that hypers it in at map start (lua code needed. . . )

The very least it will save you time creating a hiearchy with all those objects.

Code: Select all

Animation("hyperVENATOR", 17.00, 0, 0)
{
	AddPositionKey(0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 5000.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
	AddPositionKey(5.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1200.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
	AddPositionKey(7.00, 0.00, 0.00, 750.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
	AddPositionKey(9.00, 0.00, 0.00, 300.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
	AddPositionKey(10.00, 0.00, 0.00, 150.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
	AddPositionKey(15.00, 0.00, 0.00, 10.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
	AddPositionKey(17.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00);
}

AnimationGroup("hyperVENATOR", 1, 0)
{
	Animation("hyperVENATOR", "rep_ship_2");
}

Hierarchy("rep_ship_2")
{
	Obj("rep_ship_1");
	Obj("rep_ship_3");
	Obj("rep_ship_4");
	Obj("rep_drive_1");
	Obj("rep-sensors");
	Obj("rep-bridge");
	Obj("rep-comms");
	Obj("rep-life-ext");
	Obj("REP_gun01");
	Obj("REP_gun02");
	Obj("REP_gun03");
	Obj("REP_gun04");
	Obj("rep_turr_1");
	Obj("REP_gun05");
	Obj("REP_gun06");
	Obj("rep_turr_2");
	Obj("rep_turr_3");
	Obj("rep_turr_4");
	Obj("rep_turr_5");
	Obj("rep_turr_6");
	Obj("rep_assultship_hallway");
	Obj("rep_turr_7");
	Obj("imp_cap_stardestroyer_shield");
	Obj("cis_fedcruiser_door52");
	Obj("cis_fedcruiser_door51");
	Obj("rep_command");
	Obj("rep_engine");
	Obj("rep_server");
	Obj("rep_assultship_commandroom_SG1");
	Obj("Rep_lif_door");
	Obj("Rep_shi_door");
	Obj("Rep_eng_door");
	Obj("rep-defense");
	Obj("rep_turrchair1");
	Obj("rep_turrchair2");
	Obj("rep_turrchair3");
	Obj("rep_turrchair4");
	Obj("rep_turrchair5");
	Obj("rep_turrchair6");
	Obj("REP_roofgun1");
	Obj("REP_roofgun2");
	Obj("REP_roofgun3");
	Obj("rep-life-int");
	Obj("rep-shield");
	Obj("REP_roofgun5");
	Obj("REP_roofgun4");
	Obj("rep-engines");
	Obj("cis_fedcruiser_commandroom_SG_prop0");
	Obj("rep_assultship_destruct_sensorprop");
}
Last edited by Ace_Azzameen_5 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protector_Pulch

RE: Venator Animation

Post by Protector_Pulch »

No offense, but isn't the general mapping/modding forum a better place for this ? If people want to use it, they'll begin their search right there.

@Topic:
Does this really work ? I can't believe it yet...If it does, this is an awesome discovery.
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch

Post by Karnage »

Ace_Azzameen_5, would it be too much to ask you to post a mini-movie of this animation?

-EDIT-
This is my 500th post! :D
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Problem is, Lua spawns the fighters before it kills the cp . ..

If someone ends up using and improving the hyper animation(more keys for smoother decelaration), I'd be happy if you posted it here. Also credits.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

oh....my.....god. :shock:
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

I AM WORSHIPPING THE ACE!!!!

thats great!!!
Protector_Pulch

By the force, that's awesome. And in priniciple, this allows moving capital ships. You're truly a great disoverer. Just one little question:
What does it mean that the "Lua spawns the fighters before it kills the CP" ? What does this mean in terms of playabilty ?
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

WOW. NICE.

I think it should go a bit faster initially (like coming freaking fast from beyond sight) and like you said a smother decel but who knows what that'd do to the units inside there lol...

NICE JOB.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

lol true.

I also think this would be useful for a Battle over Coruscant map. I saw a providence smash into a Venator in the SWCW animated series. Would that be possible to imitate? :o I mean it hits it, and then an explosion and then they're both dead inspace, but the providence launches fighters and the nearby intact venator sends out fighters to protect the other one that was rammed.

Just a thought.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

you can create one by yourself that is much cooler......speed and direction is changeable^^ i already made one months ago ;)
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

That's awesome ace! Would be so much cooler if everything came in like that :D..
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Discoverer? Doesn't Xwing Guy have moving caps?
Lol, I just wanted to save time selecting all those objects, giving more people the opportunity, or the will, to make animated venators.

But, you can't make a full fledged moving cap ship just by animated it. I have
it so that the rep CP is killed when the map starts (Republic can't spawn) and then it respawns after 17 seconds when the venator is in place. Also, the landing region needs to be in the hangar. It doesn't matter for a hyper-in becuase no ones gonna get to the hangar region before the ship.

You might be able to disable and re-enable the region with Lua, but I think killing makes the map crash since space maps seem to look for the region at start.

Nothing to stop you from having reinforcements to come in to replace a destroyed ship. . .(working on dead ship textures at the moment-but my edit mshs keep crashing, only tried twice so maybe it's just the file size thing. I need to change the texture names so that there no conflict with the normal venator.)
Protector_Pulch

Ace_Azzameen_5 wrote:Discoverer? Doesn't Xwing Guy have moving caps?
Nope, he toyed with this idea, but abandoned it for a earlier release.

Well, nobody said we needed a usable cap that also moves. And if it was possible to disable/enable landing regions, we could do the following:
2 moving venators: they always move for 1 minute and then stand still for a minute, but timed in a way that there's only one moving venator at a time,so when one stops, the other starts etc.

The landing regions would be in a circle, so that the venators just keep flying in this circle, stopping every minute, just when they're on a postion with landing marks. And for the flying venator, there could be something like a giant door, that closes when flying and open when standing.
Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

Dude thats so cool! your a genius!
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Ya, if only we could get vehicle physics to work on objects .. . Maybe spawn the hangar and have it be shoved around the map by the objects. Lol. That would be more screwed up.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Going back to what Revan and the others were saying, pretty much any animation of that sort can be made in ZE. But its certainly not easy. I spent about 45 minutes trying to get an Acclamator-I ship to go up, rotating at different intervals, then tilt upward (rotations are a pain cause they have to be manually entered) and accelerate to a fast speed off the map.

Its simple in concept, but good god its a pain to make. Even the slightest little offset in your anims can make it look totally fake. And I'm still not happy with my animation.

So yeah, you could make colliding caps, and with the individual peices and some skins you could make them explode. But it would take a hell of a lot of time, especially for something thats not that awesome (I mean, it would be cool, but Unless you used the same cap ship crash anim for every map you had one it it would get old fast, as it lost its novelty).
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Yeah, I'm planning on making an explosion. I already have half assed (really good for me) destroyed textures, but, I can't seem to hex the msh without ZE crashing . . .I guess maybe I'll keep the renamed names the same length vs longer. Yeah that worked .Doing the other three than gonna spend a few hurs animating.

BTW to be clear, you can use the bottom half of this to get the Venator selected as one object to animate in ZE. (Hiearchies only fully work in game, but if you animate the stern of the ship the rest will follow)
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

Woah! This is awsome!!! :D

I would love to see this in a map! :D
-(DW)-Arc9[E]

Post by -(DW)-Arc9[E] »

BLOODY H!!L !!!!1!11

god bless you! now how bout releasing the map you used for that movie?
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

It's just space map with some miving things at the start. Besides, I want to finish explosian sequence first.