Palm Tree and Saleucami plant models

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Palm Tree and Saleucami plant models

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Iv had quite a few people request that i release the palm trees I was waorking on. I never really got round to finishing them (texture wise) but everything else is fine. Workin collision,lowrez and shadows.

Theres 2 different palm trees and 1 Saleucami plant with whitish purple leaves (yes, they were in the movie ;) ) These are for mappers to use in their maps.

I would have released some big Saleucami bulb plants but The textures arnt up to scratch. Maybe some other time tho.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6229/trees8sy.jpg
Hidden/Spoiler:
EDIT: **** Brand new link with the correct texture and models****

http://www.savefile.com/files2.php?fid=3640876

If you downloaded the previous zip please download it again from the above link.

Saleucami tree download link:

MediaFire

Dantooine tree by Lord-Bandu:

MediaFire
Last edited by Lord-Bandu on Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
uttaresh

RE: Palm Tree and Saleucami plant models

Post by uttaresh »

OFF TOPICThose Saleucami purple-leaved plants remind me of this toy with standing hair. I don't remeber what it was called - but it was quite popular.

Anyway, Captain - if you're listening - please start working on Saleucami again and let Anor City rot.

Post Script - I like Saleucami more. One of my favourites.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

you mean those little trolls? ya lol .

That reminded me that iv put in the wrong texture for that plant! im gonna put a link up for the replacement.

EDIT: Added texture replacement link . Savefile wont work for me now ,but when it does il upload a new zip with the correct texture in the same zip as the models.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

you mean those little trolls? ya lol .
Yeah, those ones.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Added the proper textures now. If you downloaded the 1st link I put up , please download from the new one aswell.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Bandu, your timing is amazing. I've been planning on creating a Saleucami map for several days and I've had loads of ideas for it. Thank you! Your models are exactly what I need!

*gets down on knees and worships Bandu*
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

hehe. If your lucky my timing of making those giant bulb plants will be perfect aswell ;)
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

Bandu, your timing is amazing. I've been planning on creating a Saleucami map for several days and I've had loads of ideas for it. Thank you! Your models are exactly what I need!
Hey, that's cheating!! Mazda is already creating a Saleucami map. Create another one. Hmmm.... maybe your making a different location in Saleucami? That would be good. But the original Saleucami is Mazda's - so don't cheat!
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: RE: Palm Tree and Saleucami plant models

Post by -_- »

uttaresh wrote:OFF TOPICThose Saleucami purple-leaved plants remind me of this toy with standing hair.
LMAO! Reminded me of those ugly trolls too...
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I'm not in the habit of copying work that isn't mine.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

uttaresh wrote:
Hey, that's cheating!! Mazda is already creating a Saleucami map. Create another one. Hmmm.... maybe your making a different location in Saleucami? That would be good. But the original Saleucami is Mazda's - so don't cheat!
Dont cheat? huh?

Dont know if you know but Mazda used my palm trees for that aswell as a few other things.

I suggest Mazda downloads this zip aswell since these are more completed than the versions i gave him a while ago.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Lord-Bandu wrote:
uttaresh wrote:
Dont cheat? huh?

Dont know if you know but Mazda used my palm trees for that aswell as a few other things.

I suggest Mazda downloads this zip aswell since these are more completed than the versions i gave him a while ago.
I dont think making a map with the same location could be called "cheating". Afterall, many ppl took my map name, and I didnt say anything about it :roll:
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

What map Face?

Utters, mine isn't going to be in canyons like Mazda's. Besides, why can't I make a map on the same planet? That happens all the time. Plus it'll put Bandu's excellent models to more use.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

I mean don't make the exact location on Saleucami, just hope that you make some other area of Saleucami. No offence meant.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

None taken. I was just defending myself.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

[GT]EraOfDesann wrote:What map Face?

Utters, mine isn't going to be in canyons like Mazda's. Besides, why can't I make a map on the same planet? That happens all the time. Plus it'll put Bandu's excellent models to more use.
Last stand has been over-used after I released the beach map I did for swbf :wink:

p.s.-the palm trees are missing coconuts, lol.
uttaresh

Post by uttaresh »

So, which area are you making this map on?
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

uttaresh wrote:So, which area are you making this map on?

Something similiar to the spot seen in Episode III. It'll be a lot more like an oasis, littered with busted vehicles and ships.
Captain_Mazda

Re: RE: Palm Tree and Saleucami plant models

Post by Captain_Mazda »

uttaresh wrote:OFF TOPICAnyway, Captain - if you're listening - please start working on Saleucami again and let Anor City rot.
I worked hard on both maps and now with the Anor crisis, that's not the kind of positive reinforcement I was looking for. Enjoy Saleucami though, I'll get a new version out soon, possibly final now that Rends put out his marvelous sound tutorial.

Thanks Bandu, I'll update my plant models.
Lord-Bandu wrote:Dont cheat? huh?

You gave me permission to use those and I gave you credit in the ReadMe :?
Lord-Bandu

RE: Re: RE: Palm Tree and Saleucami plant models

Post by Lord-Bandu »

well not many people read readme's adn utteresh was on about cheating ( ? ) I just wanted him to know that the actual Saleucami specific objects in your map were earlier versions of my trees/plants and theyre free for any1 to use on a Saleucami map ...afterall thats what they were meant for.

Era, il send you some of my other sal stuff .. I have realistic skydome textures (that mazda didnt use for some reason :S ) and ground textures etc