Map Manager (Alpha) (Outdated - Do Not Use)

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Quick Update

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

For those of you with many maps (or anyone else), you can download the lastest version of Map Manager here: http://galacticbattlefront.rh.rit.edu/m ... reBeta.zip (262KB file. Easily fits on a floppy :wink: )

Scroll bars, more support for mapmanager.txt, and changable program settings have been added.
The Show/Hide buttons on the bottm have been moved into a menu bar, so they take up less screen space.
There still aren't any speed optimizations yet. The first 'real' version should feel/be faster than the current versions.

Progress has been slower than I expected. Looking for a job is almost a full time job, I'm still at school, there are three other releated tools that will be released along with this one, and somewhere I still need to leave time to mod and play SWBF2.

I wasn't planning on releasing something now, but people with 52+ maps really need that scroll bar...
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Progress Update

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I regret to say I'm going to have to take a break working on this. I need the time to finish some more important projects first, then I'll come back to this.

If you're wondering, the other projects (in no order) are:
fix respawn bug in Deathmatch mode
Create user friendly way to add custom game modes to game display (the current way is not user friendly)
Create program to install custom game modes in your maps when developing them (or just make a very detailed guide)
Write elevator walkthrough
Write game shell munging guide

Edit:
If no one has figured it out by now, I stopped development on this project. If you notice a small bug or want to pay me a bunch of money I could fix/work on it again.