Plo Koon for Modders

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

yodaminch

Plo Koon for Modders

Post by yodaminch »

Ok, sorry for the delay. I had some animations issues. I eventually decided to cut my losses and release the thing. Any issues, let me know. His current arsenal is a blue saber and regeneration. I put all the other stuff in there so modders may customize him however they desire.

Download:

FileFront
Last edited by yodaminch on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAW_pinx

RE: Plo Koon for Modders

Post by TAW_pinx »

Yoda - I would suggest a screenie to promote your model! :)
yodaminch

Re: RE: Plo Koon for Modders

Post by yodaminch »

TAW_pinx wrote:Yoda - I would suggest a screenie to promote your model! :)
skin. :wink: and added some screens
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

Would it be ok with you if I poked raround a bit and maybe made him non floating and gave im a new force power?
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

He's not floating now :wink: and I included force pull, push along with the regeneration and invincibility odf's so edit the powers however you desire.
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

Well pull and push everyone has anyway. I was just thinking maybe he still had Palpatine's stuff since you mentioned animation issues, and I seriously can't see him with that style.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

No he uses human_sabre. My issue was trying to make a custom one which was just a renamed version of human_sabre. For whatever reason, I messed something up and it crashed. And you're right he did not look good with palpatine animations. Though the hover might be something to consider.
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

I was playing Assault mos Eisley just to study the animations. As an experiment I am thinking of putting Yoda's animations on a regular guy, but with all that jumping on someone who isn't knee-high I have to wonder whether or not it will equate to
1) A lot of 'BOOM! HEAD SHOT!'s
2)A lot of misses and overshoots.

I also hav Grievous anims on my research list.
NegativeSmiley

Post by NegativeSmiley »

I like him. Very nice job. Is it possible to move his cloak to other jedi and units? If so i'm pretty sure I would know how to do it.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

Is this Model playable?

Or is it just for Modders to edit?

BTW - Do we extract this folder to addon?
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

I'm curious as to how you overrite the human_sabre animation with one of the other jedis, most of the jedi use either a completly different animation or a modified version of that one. whenever i try to overrite this style with another one, say mace windus it doesn't work . all it does is use the current one with a few differences. say if i change
Animation = to "mace" and give him a lightsaber with
Animation = "human_sabre melee rep_hero_macewindu"
It never works, they do the basic moves but whenever i do a jump attack he does the normal one but there is the slam effect and the sound that goes with it.
I know this is completly irellevant but it seems that you guys would know how to
thanks if you can
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

A bit of confusion I think. First its a skin of the sidious model with new animations. It does NOT go to addon. Make a new world and put it in your data_***/sides folder. The readme should explain installation. If confused read the jedi creation doc that came with the mod tools. I basically set up plo koon's files like the zipped demojedi example.
Last edited by yodaminch on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkempster

Post by jkempster »

yey u finished him! ive been waiting for the release since i first saw him gr8 job!.

kyross: i tried giving mace yodas attacksas u mentioned but it does not work. when i changed animationname "mace" to "yoda" and mace turned out in yodas skeleton eg vvv small and quite disfigured. yet he still only had maces attacks
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Its a really cool skin. Well done.

For some reason I think he looks better with the orange saber .... matches his face lol.
JadenKorr86

plo koon!!!!!!!!

Post by JadenKorr86 »

You are the best!!!!!!!

You can edit this model?

In the map who made teancum and derkie?

Sorry for my english.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

RE: plo koon!!!!!!!!

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I think you hsould use Anakin's cloaked model for plo koon, but nayways, it looks great!
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

btw, the lightsabers that came with the pack dont work in game. They turn all blocky.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

Jabba: I said in the other topic, I thought about that one, but the glove presented a problem and plo koon tends to wear the full length robe.

-_- : Really? That's odd. Those files were saved as the highest quality in photoshop and i tested them myself. I'll look into it now.

edit: My guess is the compression changed when zipped. I'll try rar and 7z if necessary to see if the tga's will save properly.

Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone gotten him to work in game for that matter?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: plo koon!!!!!!!!

Post by Teancum »

Thanks much Yodaminch.
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

-_- wrote:btw, the lightsabers that came with the pack dont work in game. They turn all blocky.
Not true. You messed up the .tga or forgot the option file if that happend

FYI you can put any animation on any frame and the tools do the rest.

I have gungan, wookie, droid, and jedi heros using different animations on existing models.

You will see them in 1.0 (or the next release) of kashyyyk islands and naboo plains