Animated Clone Wars Voice Over Files

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Animated Clone Wars Voice Over Files

Post by Lorul1 »

WANT VOICE FILES TO MAKE YOUR UNITS SOUND LIKE THE CARTOON NETWORK CLONE WARS ANIMATED SERIES ? WELL YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE !!

While searching through some boxes I found this ummm errr gem of a game ... STAR WARS REPUBLIC HEROES.

Then after checking a post by Teancum post. Turns out we are allowed to use theses assets in our mods !

A modder by the name of “imastipid” told me one time when we were on stream something along the lines of “people have high expectations of bf2 2005 mods that come out today”
and I couldn’t agree more. We need to do things that take the player by surprise soooooo to help you guys out I have new hero sounds from this game and there are enough for a complete overhaul !

In order to get these sounds I had to get my game working by downloading a tool to get it working with windows 10 then I had to play through the whole campaign and record it with shadowplay with only the dialogue volume on ! THEN I weeded through the audio in movie studio and exported the clips one by one.
I didn’t think this game is that good ! BUT ... I did enjoy that classic clone wars look and the voices a TON … other than that though there isn't much reason to play it. Its a 5 hour campaign. You play as clones and a number of Jedi from the clone wars in a co-op mix of the force unleashed and LEGO star wars ... but much worse.

The sounds are already in the format you need to implement them into sound streams and implement them for your heros. I have them organized by hero.
If it has a v2 after it , it's the same thing said another way If it is “campaign” then its campaign specific chatter.
I also went about showing 2 proof of concepts. The first is that you can mix and match sounds yourself to make a cool sort of personalized experience. The second is that you can splice what people say to make them say something all new. Get creative guys !

Just be careful when you export your .wav file - as battlefront might not accept it if it's in the right format - I can't guarantee you these settings 'm about to show WILL 100% work in any other program you try to use (although they should) BUT these are the settings I used to export the sounds after playing though the campaign (I used movie studio 13)

Don’t be afraid to get creative changing the voices for “leaving the battlefield” and the “we are close to victory” etc. remember you can mix and match sounds any way you like too. The best use of a lot of these would be like a hero campaign map.

You can download all of the hero sound files here but you probably don’t need ALL of them.
In order to understand what you're getting and where it comes from, a lot of the voice files come from I just wanted to do a quick explanation of each hero's role in the game
WARNING: there are slight SPOILERS ahead for the game if you wanted to play it, but it’s not a super great game and you probably won’t wanna play it anyways lol

so let’s get started.

Ahsoka
Hidden/Spoiler:
At the start of the game it’s her and Anakin so a lot of her dialogue is between her and Skywalker ... sometimes it’s between her and Rex. Near the end of the game she teams up with mace windu making for some pretty unique dialogue lines that can be used !
I don't know if there is a model for Ahsoka here on GT yet but ... when someone makes one or ports one the please paste it below !
Yoda
Hidden/Spoiler:
In this game yoda acts as a sort of disembodied voice giving the player tips on how to progress. Sadly I don’t have all his voice files ... why ? Because I decided to start skipping them as they quickly became very annoying ! Every 5 seconds yoda is trying to tell you what to do throughout the ENTIRE game. Tape your mouth shut I want to ! If you are in DIRE need of these voice files you can obtain them through the ripped games voice files listed below

Anakin
Hidden/Spoiler:
If you want to do a clone wars sounding Anakin then these are the voices for you ! Dialogue with Ahsoka , obi wan , rex , and even some with Padme late game.

Plo Koon
Hidden/Spoiler:
These are really good voice files for him ! He teams up with obi wan near the start of the game so there’s dialogue between those two which may make for some pretty interesting campaign maps. He has plenty of good one liners that can be used for BF2 2005 ! Sounds just like the show which is ... I believe the only real time we get to hear him talk ... I think

Kit Fisto
Hidden/Spoiler:
Now we finally have some dialogue for this dude. He teams up with mace - a pretty interesting combo there. We have some one liners with him that will work pretty well in combat.

Aayla
Hidden/Spoiler:
She’s in this game about halfway through and teams up with Luminara Unduli. In this game she sounds French unlike battlefront 2 so that’s pretty cool. Unless you are doing a animated clone wars style model with aayla in it I probably wouldn’t use those voice lines because people will be confused as to why she suddenly sounds French but ehh do whatever you want.

Luminara
Hidden/Spoiler:
Her voice lines are pretty good. I’d like to see her in more mods. She teams up with aayla to investigate a crashed frigate so there are some likes between those two. Has what sounds like to me a British accent sooooo some of her voice lines COULD be used for Rey !

Mace
Hidden/Spoiler:
Teams up with kit fisto in a search for Obi Wan Kenobi and plo koon for half of his story then teams up with Ahsoka to lead an assault on a separatist base/superweapon late game. Has tons of good voice lines that can be used for combat or to maybe lead the player though a campaign.

Obi wan
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sounds very similar to the battlefront 2 2005 obi wan but with TONS of new lines ! him and plo koon star off working together in a space station then he team up with Anakin for the final assault at the end of the game - so there’s some pretty good dialogue with Him - he also talks to the clones a lot so that’s pretty useful similar to what I said with mace. His voice files could lead the player though an interesting campaign mode map !

Ventress
Hidden/Spoiler:
MUCH needed voice lines for a battlefront game ! you battle this sith half way through the game as Aayla and Luminara - maybe not tons of dialogue for a campaign or anything but enough to do good combat lines.
There is and end credit scene with her struggling to get dukoos ship moving in space so I included those lines as well voice line

Cad bane
Hidden/Spoiler:
Cad bane actually helps the player in this game - well it’s more like you help him - but you are on his side as he teams up with some clones and eventually anakin and Ahsoka to deliver cargo to his ship. Good one liners and pretty unique dialogue

Count dooku
Hidden/Spoiler:
Mace and obi wan fight him before the final boss - good combat lines if you didn’t like the count dooku from battlefront 2 2005.
Teska
Hidden/Spoiler:
This guy is the main villain and final boss. He is a skakoan and he is basically trying to obtain and use a gravity weapon on naboo but never explains why.
Maybe his lines can be used on the skakoan models but he dosent sound like the one skakoan from episode 2 so maybe not. most of his lines are really angry.

Padme
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sorry to disappoint but she comes in late in the game and has few lines soooooo sorry but there's not much I could do about that. I did do a one time exception and took the ripped version of one of her comms lines and I converted it for you because it could be used a good hero spawn line but I didn't do this with all the other heros comm lines because it would have taken too long. I will discuss this whole ripped vs what I have later but yeah - she was thrown in late game to make anakin's final battle with teska more meaningful which is a shame. I really wanted to see more of her.

Clones and droids
Hidden/Spoiler:
FINALLY new lines for BOTH armies !! enough lines for a complete overhaul. There are even some lines of helmet less clones and super battle droids, even clone comms which I personally added to replace the battlefront 2 star fighter comms. In the game there are many different clones that use these lines - rex, commander cody, Gree, a clone named switch. If you need an example of how it’s done just look at my theed map.
So there you have it, those are all the characters in the game - AND YES PEOPLE I KNOW my spelling for the files in the link below are bad - I was typing quickly to get this long painful process done fast. Because of this i suggest you copy and past these file into your “sol_unit_vo_quick” STM file (because if my memory serves me correct one wrong misspelling and nothing works right) - either do that or fix my horrible spelling to suit however you want it.
Here’s the download link :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1t2kukji ... X.rar/file

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE !!
If you can’t get enough of these clone wars sounding lines PLEASE download the ones from the clone wars adventures. If my memory serves me right you will have to convert these to be use able for battlefront 2 but there are a lot more lines even some in other languages. These files were put together and given to me by the modder know as Raigiku he did a great job so I suggest you check those out too and support Raigikus amazing work !!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k2y51kj4f ... d.zip/file

Before you ask I DID indeed miss like maybe 3% of the voice files. I think some clone specific campaign lines are missing as well as lots of the yoda lines for reasons stated above.
I will not be exporting any more voice files or voice files I may have missed so don’t ask, I need to save room on my computer and delete my voiceless playthrough footage - the settings that I used are in a picture above and audacity is free and easy to use - I did everything the best I can and I’m not digging through the footage.

You can download the ripped voice file from the game HOWEVER there is a caveat to the ones in the link below vs mine ! Republic hero’s uses some kind of in game audio filter so the ripped files in the download below sound less heavy and some of the voices such as the droids and cad bane sound “naked” - this is useful for some of the comms voices if you wanted just the voice and not the comm static effect (this is what i mentioned earlier with amidala). The SECOND caveat is that these files MAY not work with battlefront 2 off the bat like mine are made too. And THIRD they are super unorganized sooooooo yeah ! super useful if you think i may have missed something you may need and maybe worth a download :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5mwincc9j ... s.rar/file

Questions are appreciated and welcome.
I hope you enjoy these new custom heros sounds. I somewhat recommend you watch a playthrough of republic heros to see how they combined the voice lines If you need ideas. And please share this around with the other modders for like jedi academy and what have you. I don’t think gametoast post show up on google very well and we need to preserve these lines and share them with our fellow content creators. These would go great in a clone wars inspired mod with clone was assets, textures, and props ! Hopefully these voice files really help you make something really cool

LEGAL INFO
THESE MAPS ARE NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS,
A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK
INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK
I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER

STAR WARS™ AND STARWARS BATTLEFRONT™ ARE TRADEMARKS OF LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY.
© 2003 LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC.
© 2003 LUCASFILM LTD. & TM OR ® AS INDICATED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. USED UNDER AUTHORIZATION.
LUCASARTS AND THE LUCASARTS LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD.
© 2005 Pandemic Studios, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Last edited by Lorul1 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iamastupid
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Not Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Cartoon Network Clone Wars Sounding VO Files

Post by iamastupid »

This is undeniably cool, I cannot wait to use these, or see what other people use them for :thumbs:
Hopefully people will add them to existing clone wars TV show mods as appose to creating more.
Newmodder
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: not listed

Post by Newmodder »

Haven't tried these but maybe change the title?, when read this i thought it was the 2003 series :lol:
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Oceans14 »

Wow, these are awesome! Nice job with these! If I could make one comment - and I really don't want to take away from your hard work - some of the sounds cut off a little too soon, and the last part of a word is missing. Other than that these clearly have the potential to replace or supplement the stock sounds :runaway:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Hey no prob. Thanks for the feed back ! The voices cutting out could be one of two things. One It could just sound like it’s cutting off because whatever media player your using might be looping or making it sound that way. Voice files have to and very abruptly so sometimes that can make them sound incomplete. The other possibility is that you did actually come across some of the voice files I cut off. I did this because some of them would be better utilized without a Jedi‘s name being said at the end but this is definitely the exception and not the rule. The full ripped voice files directly from the game are provided in that last link if you need something I missed (:
LitFam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF II 2005

Re: Animated Clone Wars Voice Over Files

Post by LitFam »

Definitely bookmarking this! Great job Lourl1!
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Re: Animated Clone Wars Voice Over Files

Post by Lorul1 »

Thanks ! now good luck guys trying to get these to work and replace all the units voices :funny2: took me forever to try to get the voice files working because the info for it is kinda sloppy and scatted all over GT and I don't know enough to make a FULL tutorial only enough to get some of the VO's working (as seen in my assault on theed map) . IF SOMEONE MAKES A FULL TUT ON REPLACING SOUNDS please let me know so I can include it in the main post. :thumbs: