Every stock SWBF2 & SWBF1 sound effect

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Every stock SWBF2 & SWBF1 sound effect

Post by Teancum »

Teancum wrote:SWBF2 SOUND EFFECTS! All 1,303 of them!

http://www.mediafire.com/?5l2olxy1cr84cm1

Music and mediocre-quality VO are coming later. Hopefully in the meantime someone can figure out how to rip higher-quality VO.
and
Teancum wrote:So I've given up on trying to rip the streams from SWBF1/2. I figured out that I could just rip out the munged chunk of streams from the SWBF1 lvl files and reuse them by sticking them in the proper build folder. If anyone's interested in those chunks I can upload them, but really they're only of use if you want to have the same exact ambient streams and music as a particular SWBF1 map (which I do for the Xbox mod).

That being said, here is the entire set of SWBF1 VO (all split up into nice neat files), since I won't be ripping the rest of the SWBF1 effects/streams.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z1cz75846i0ltw2
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now!

No but seriously, I finally got to ripping all of the stock ambient streams because I need them for Unification and, well, screw loading the stock LVLs; they load way too many extra sound effects that just eat up way too much of the sound memory and stuff. :o 'twasn't all that difficult, just extremely freaking tedious.

So basically, I just had a default mod map, a large soundstream region encompassing the entire map, and I'd load each sound LVL into the LUA one-by-one, changing the soundstream region's sound stream (via the RGN file) to each one from each sound LVL, and yeah, basically. :p Two monitors helped so freaking much with this, lolz...

Luckily, since I have a multi-channel surround sound setup, and Fraps can record multiple channels finally-ish, I was able to rip both the front and back streams for the quadraphonic configs, and in the process, I finally learned how to set up quadraphonic streams for Unification's custom maps! :D So yeah, successful times. :)

But anyway, clocking in at 1.2 gigabytes is the thing Teancum has been waiting ages for... Be sure to read the included text document titled "notes.txt" as it contains very important information regarding implementing these streams.

http://www.mediafire.com/?655wbsv8bpj6ydi
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Dude. :thumbs:

You may have just re-sparked my interest in finishing the Xbox mod. I'll have to uber-hack some assets and rebuild my LUA scripts, but hey, this was the one thing that would have made me rebuild the mod once I lost my files, so.

This is so awesome. I can't fix bugs on maps, but 98% of what I ran into were some scripting and sound issues, so you just made my day. :D
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront

Post by noMatt »

Would be AWESOME Teanm and thanks marth, thats more then just nice from you to do something like that for the comunity :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Marth8880 wrote:Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now!

No but seriously, I finally got to ripping all of the stock ambient streams because I need them for Unification and, well, screw loading the stock LVLs; they load way too many extra sound effects that just eat up way too much of the sound memory and stuff. :o 'twasn't all that difficult, just extremely freaking tedious.
Hidden/Spoiler:
So basically, I just had a default mod map, a large soundstream region encompassing the entire map, and I'd load each sound LVL into the LUA one-by-one, changing the soundstream region's sound stream (via the RGN file) to each one from each sound LVL, and yeah, basically. :p Two monitors helped so freaking much with this, lolz...

Luckily, since I have a multi-channel surround sound setup, and Fraps can record multiple channels finally-ish, I was able to rip both the front and back streams for the quadraphonic configs, and in the process, I finally learned how to set up quadraphonic streams for Unification's custom maps! :D So yeah, successful times. :)
But anyway, clocking in at 1.2 gigabytes is the thing Teancum has been waiting ages for... Be sure to read the included text document titled "notes.txt" as it contains very important information regarding implementing these streams.

http://www.mediafire.com/?655wbsv8bpj6ydi
I don't suppose you were able to rip the music? It would be great to build each map piece-by-piece as it should be. :thumbs:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Nah, I didn't need to so I didn't, but I certainly could eventually sometime.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Marth8880 wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?655wbsv8bpj6ydi
notes.txt wrote:Because I ripped these streams for use in Mass Effect: Unification, the streams used for kam_amb_rain (amb_kaminoRainstorm_fnt, amb_kaminoRainstorm_bck, and amb_kaminoRainstorm_PL2) are replaced by a recording of the ambient stream from planet "2181 Despoina" in Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC because I think the stock Kamino rain stream is ugly and I love the one used in 2181 Despoina.
I went ahead and pulled amb_kaminoRainstorm_PL2.wav from the PS2 kam.lvl with MFAudio for the completionist out there.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wcu0i ... orm_PL2.7z

I think the interleave is correct, it sounds good to me.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I know this is a bump, but I do have something crucial to add. I posted on Zenhax regarding separation of these files. They wrote an executeable that breaks the common.bnk down into individual .wav files. It also extracts them at their correct playback rate

http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2268

There are some small issues with this program ATM,: sounds #1350 and #1395 appear to be corrupted, it seems it's supposed to go up to 1555 sounds but doesn't go beyond #1395
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Nice. This makes for much more effective ripping. By the way, I found that common.bnk seemed to be compiled by just looping through each map's SFX for each era, alphabetically (Coruscant before Dagobah, etc). If it already existed elsewhere (say the sound was already added in Coruscant CW) it wouldn't be added again (ex -- Dagobah CW reuses it). You can basically go right down the list and get the exact directories and filenames for everything should be.

It should also then tell you what sounds 1350 and 1395 were supposed to be. I'd go back about every 10 wav files and check to see that you're matching up with where you think you are. When I ripped last time around I did it by hand and did it line by line. I dunno if I want to do that again.

Now if we can just get them to rip the stream files we can get the music and VO back to its 100% original format. It'd be nice to start from scratch there, especially since I'm focused on console mods, which don't have a common.bnk (wavs are stored per level).
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Here is a complete rip and tagging of the entirety of the common.lvl sound bank for SWBF1. Thanks go to id-daemon on ZenHax for creating the program that neatly extracted the sound effects from the game. I went file-by-file, using the stock .sfx files as a reference to rename all the sound effects. This includes some unused sounds that were not commented from the game but were still included in the common.bnk file (IE the AT-ST chin fire sound, the IFT turret firing sound and the Gonk Droid death sounds to name a few), as well as the sounds from the Jabba's Palace addon. In total, you will find 1,555 sound effects in this.

https://www.mediafire.com/?b4cunujijocica4

There are still some sounds that are missing - these are the ones munged directly into their respective sound.lvl (IE the sarlacc and Rancor sfx). I'll look into retrieving those later on.
Samee3
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: BF2 Refresh Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Empire at War
xbox live or psn: VaporousFern310

Post by Samee3 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this link appears to be broken: http://www.mediafire.com/?5l2olxy1cr84cm1

Or is there something else I'm missing?

Links in first post fixed -Staff
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

If that's one of my links I had to delete it to make room for other files unfortunately.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

We may be able to get the streams from the files. I've just had a talk with somebody who managed to rip the music streams from the PC, Xbox and PS2 versions of SWBF2 and he's put me on to the program he remembers using to do it. Stay tuned.

EDIT: PC version doesn't work with the program I've been put on to. Not surprising given the program was meant for XBox audio playback. I'm going to look into the XBox version.

EDIT 2: Silly me for not realising somebody has already ripped the SWBF2 streams, but this still leaves those exclusive to SWBF1 untouched.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

ggctuk wrote:We may be able to get the streams from the files. I've just had a talk with somebody who managed to rip the music streams from the PC, Xbox and PS2 versions of SWBF2 and he's put me on to the program he remembers using to do it. Stay tuned.

EDIT: PC version doesn't work with the program I've been put on to. Not surprising given the program was meant for XBox audio playback. I'm going to look into the XBox version.

EDIT 2: Silly me for not realising somebody has already ripped the SWBF2 streams, but this still leaves those exclusive to SWBF1 untouched.
Got a link to this app? I could run it through SWBF1 Xbox
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'm told it was a program called "EkszBox-ABX" which I found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ekszbox-abx/
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

No dice using that app (I've used it before). It couldn't recognize any of the files.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'll ask him again. He could have used another program to rip raw files.
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Oceans14 »

I know next to nothing about xbox, but I have played around with extracting audio files using this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dragonunpacker/ It seems to be able to recognize pretty much every file type, but again, no idea if it'll be useful for xbox stuff.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Teancum wrote:No dice using that app (I've used it before). It couldn't recognize any of the files.
So here is what I got told by Alpha23, the guy who ripped the music streams:
I downloaded the game again and took a look at the lvl files. I think I extracted the tracks by hand and added an Xbox ADPCM header according to the header information. The structure was analyzed here: http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1888
spartanmark6
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront 2 porting Project
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by spartanmark6 »

Was someone able to rip the audio from the Campaign? I have something that I want to try with them.