Kaminoan Source Files

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Kaminoan Source Files

Post by MandeRek »

Hidden/Spoiler:
README
Hidden/Spoiler:
///////////////KAMINOAN SIDE ASSET\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
//////////////////By MandeRek\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Introduction
----------------------------------------------------------------
These are the actual source files for my Kaminoan. No munged level, a side folder.
To install this, you need to be a modder. If you can't mod, you need to wait till I release my Kamino; Indoor Base map
This side includes a new model, with cloth properties, odfs set up, also for the weapon, and a custom weapon model and laser.(oh and a haywire detonator, edited from the stock Gungan one)

Kaminoans are inhabitants of Kamino, and the most alien -alike species around I think.
It was time someone made them, and although not perfect, I think this is a nice simple model for the few (actually.. none?) Kamino maps around!

For installation instructions, just add the common folder from assets\common and the kam folder from this download to your modid's SIDE folder,
make sure to make a kam folder in the _BUILD and add munge.bat and clean.bat, and load it through the script;

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\kam.lvl",
"kam_inf")

If this is all spanish to you, and you're not spanish yourself, make sure to check gametoast.com/forums if you're having difficulty adding this side.

Editing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm perfectly fine if you edit him to give him new weapons, change the weapon model or whatever.
Also, a reskin is okay, as long as it's a good, or a simple one (hue-saturation, or more detail)
If it's a very good one, make sure to share it to me on GT so I can use it as well :P

I'ld rather not have the model edited. I know it's not perfect yet, but I might edit it,
and I'm sortof protective of my models hehe (must be dutch (greedy) blood running through my vanes)

Anyhow, make sure to credit me, MandeRek, for any asset or file you've used from this side
(Mostly for the Kaminoan files, obviously)

Known impurities
* The cloth floats through the feet sometimes.. Must be the collision sphere; might fix that
* The weapon model is really simple.
* The trail effect doesn't show up (also, PE isn't showing all functions for me, making effect-editing nearly impossible :[ )
* Armor skin might need improvement, still, not all Kaminoans wear the same clothing so why shouldn't one wear cloths like these huh?
* His legs are difficult to get properly animated since it's a different type than human ones

Credits
Credits to Lucasarts for the assets and original Haywire Detonator from the Gun side.

“THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.”

Contact and Download information
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to gametoast.com/forums for help, or PM me there (MandeRek)
Download link and file info at gametoast as well, under the Released Assets section (Search the List in the FAQ)
Download link:

Dropbox
Last edited by MandeRek on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Kaminoan Source Files

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Will download. I might use it for locals on Kamino in BF3, good job on the model. I'd like to see it improved a little, but it's still good.

Do you think you could upload to Mediafire? Thanks in advance. Mediafire is better than Gamefront in some ways. The only drawback is a download speed cap, but it's never bothered me. One great thing is you can depend on the link working, unlike Gamefront.
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by fasty »

Amazing! I will use this too!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Now that. Is. Awesome. :thumbs: I hope you will continue releasing those cool and unique assets. :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Will download. I might use it for locals on Kamino in BF3, good job on the model. I'd like to see it improved a little, but it's still good.

Do you think you could upload to Mediafire? Thanks in advance. Mediafire is better than Gamefront in some ways. The only drawback is a download speed cap, but it's never bothered me. One great thing is you can depend on the link working, unlike Gamefront.
I personally think a lot of people should start using Dropbox for releasing assets that aren't much larger than maybe 30mb in size.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Delta-1035 wrote:Now that. Is. Awesome. :thumbs: I hope you will continue releasing those cool and unique assets. :)
Thanks man! I made so many assets while doing BF0, and never releasing any.. Still, I like doing small assets now, like all these, and also enjoy releasing them, so I definetaly hope to see them back in a mod some time :)
Marth8880 wrote:I personally think a lot of people should start using Dropbox for releasing assets that aren't much larger than maybe 30mb in size.
I really like speedyshare. It's quick uploading, and no spam with downloading. I use it all the time :)

Still, here's the dropbox link, if people prefer that:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58940315/Kaminoan.rar
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »