My weapons assets pack UPDATE 2.0

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

My weapons assets pack UPDATE 2.0

Post by Dakota »

ok i know that this mod pales in comparison to all the fancy models and new things in this part of the forum but i still think i want to share this mod.

it is a weapons pack that i made, well assets that is.

http://min.us/mbtGjyMT7A5EJT#1

UPDATE:

version 2 released

link
MediaFire
Last edited by Dakota on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: my weapons assets pack

Post by Fiodis »

I'm looking forward to testing a couple of these out.
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

Can you please either post screens or tell us more about them (like are they effects,odf changes,models ect)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I see odfs and fx, description
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anti-Gravity gun: this gun is somewhat prototype, my effects that i made for it don't really work for now but the weapon itself works fine. what it does is slowly lift a unit (or a group) into the air and pull them toward u slowly they are suspended in the air and can't fire but you have to hold the fire button down while using this or it turns off (which u could just drop them }:^)> ).

Blackhole dispenser: this places an auto turret down (you can change the msh to show nothing if you want) and that autoturret will attack anything that it sees (it has some range) and it will continuasly pull you into the center with lightning and then vaporize u eventually. this has a custom effect.

NOTE: since the blackhole dispenser has a weapon that is set up for both units and turrets you could put it on a unit too, just not too sure how it would look... but it works..

Flashbang Detonator: this is a detpack that does no damage but plays a custom effect i made that causes a pulsing light for about 10-20 (maybe more) seconds that blinds any human players. this won't work vs ai since they don't use eyes to see...

ForceBlind: this plays the same effect as the flashbang detonator but you trigger it as a force power. it has to be used while other units are near (like a buff). this will cause you and the target to lightup and also leave trails of light that will stay there for awhile. this can work on both frends and enemies. the effect seems invisable if you are directly in the middle of it, use that to your advantage.

Force Destroy: this move zaps and pulls all units near you to your location and plays custom effects in the sky and on the unit it hits. the unit it hits will be stuck in a ball of lightning (i made a new effect for that) and that will slowly kill them too. the sky has red rings of dark energy just for effect, it is more based on how many people you hit.

Force Detonate: this move just detonates any unit in sight, just look at anything then click the button and then they explode in an explosion i made that is red and black for dark energy (some say it looks like blood O_O)

Force Heal: this move heals any unit near you and yourself slowly and plays a custom effect (it is like the regan buff for the bothan but better). this move also works on enemies too

Force Rocket: this fires 5 rockets of force (its a ball of light) in the formation like the bowcaster. then they explode on impact. i don't recommend being within a mile of the explosion because it WILL kill you. this effect is really really big and can cause lag. if you get stuck in the middle it will slow you down really bad so as i advised before STAY AWAY FROM IT.

IceThrower: this is a flamethrower that i changed for longer range more damage and new effects it fires ice at the enemy and gives them a "Freezer Burn" that slowly kills them.

Short Circuit Turret: this is like the blackhole except for some effect changes and some range, damage, and minor details, yet it still makes a name for itself.

NOTE: like the blackhole weapon the weapon for this turret can be used for regular units too.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
SONIC GUNS!!!

Sonic Mortar: this fires 10 sonic bombs fast. for some reason the explosion doesn't work but the ord just hitting a unit kills them. i recommend clicking then moving your aimmer and firing it in spread motions.

Sonic pistol: this gun is a sonic pistol for geonosians it fires fast and works well for small fights.

Sonic Rocket: this fires a big sonic "fatray" at a target and causes massive damage and a big explosion, i don't recommend standing too close.

Sonic Scattergun: this fires almost a wall of shots at an area. has no overheat but i did find that it works better in bursts since you can't see from behind all of the shots well if you just hold the button. this gun actually fires invisable rockets with a waver that have the sonic blaster trail.

Sonic Shotgun: this is a weird weapon that works almost like a regular shotgun but with more damage and a push too. Warning this gun may cause some lag if used too much.

Sonic Sniper Rifle: this gun fires a high velocity geonosian blaster shot and has a beam through the middle. this gun has a small push on it. i have noticed that the aimming on this gun can be a bit off.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

i would get some pictures if someone could tell me how to. anyone know how? i already have the jpg images.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

upload them to imagehostingsites such as imageshack or photobucket and post the direct link to the image in the [img]tags[/img]
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

screen shots
Hidden/Spoiler:
there are more but i can't upload them all. i will upload a photo pack too now.
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

You posted the pictures wrong: They should be

Code: Select all

[img]THE EXACT URL GOES HERE: IE ONLY THE PICTURE LOADS AND NOT THE PAGE[/img]
But I'll repost here for convenience:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Ow the bloom hurts my eyes... But the effects don't look bad. 8)
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

sim-al2 wrote:You posted the pictures wrong: They should be

Code: Select all

[img]THE EXACT URL GOES HERE: IE ONLY THE PICTURE LOADS AND NOT THE PAGE[/img]
But I'll repost here for convenience:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Ow the bloom hurts my eyes... But the effects don't look bad. 8)
hmm i have never used this type before so i just clicked "copy picture shortcut" and pasted it.
well i just spent about 10 minutes uploading the photos for no reason...

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20304266 ... ctures.exe
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

Oh no those are the pictures you uploaded, you just didn't link to them right. :P
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

so any bugs, problems, or questions that you have. anyone... :cpu:
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

I like these...I think i'll use them. :D
Good job, i'll test some out.
modmaster13
General
General
Games I'm Playing :: COD SWBF
xbox live or psn: KrypticcElementt

Re: My weapons assets pack

Post by modmaster13 »

I will definatly use the flashbang detenator. Good Job! :thumbs:
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

i just need to ask, shouldn't this be in the assets link thread. i looked under weapons assets and couldn't find it. if its not there and gets added just name it "Dakota's Weapon Assets v1" or something like that please.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

They crash for me.

Don't have a graphics card by the way. :P
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

Noobasaurus wrote:They crash for me.

Don't have a graphics card by the way. :P
well that self answered itself :lol:
the best
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim

Post by the best »

Some effects I noticed are really big/suicidal in the hands of the AI, would we be able to modify the odfs and tweak them a bit?
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

the best wrote:Some effects I noticed are really big/suicidal in the hands of the AI, would we be able to modify the odfs and tweak them a bit?
absolutely. you didn't think that i would release a whole bunch of weapons that would make u insane when an ai uses them without letting u mod them (force rocket is scary already, give it to about 50 ai and your game is dead forever)
the best
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim

Post by the best »

Just wanted to make sure haha, some people don't like their assets changed without notice, thanks!
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

UPDATE:

version 2 released

link
MediaFire

images
Hidden/Spoiler:
(yes those took awhile to get)

Readme
Hidden/Spoiler:
[ok people this is a weapons pack. it is a bunch of assets for modders. some weapons have custom effects that will need to be used for them. i made all of these weapons simply on my own when i got bored. most of these weapons are extremely powerful. well i guess i'll tell you how to use them. i put two folders in this mod one is for putting in the /sides/common folder and the other is for the side that u made or the stock ones (rep,cis,all,imp...etc).

well i think its time to tell you what each weapon does but before i do, i ask that u at least test them all first then use them.]

quoted from first version's readme

Recommendations: i recommend that you increase the LOD distance of some of the effects if you need, also changing some of the pushes, damages, and ranges would work too if you don't want a weapon to be too powerful, which most of mine are.

Extra Effects: these are some extra effects that i never got around to making a weapon for. i like the effects so i am going to release them in hopes that someone out there will make a good weapon with them.

Bonus unit: hes a blue arctrooper with a cape, 1000 health, fett animations, and is a bit faster than regular units. you can change his weapons as you wish, as this is not a new unit but a modded heavy arc trooper with new guns and stats.

WEAPONS: there are three types Dispensers, Orbitals, and Guns in this pack, their names are self explanitory.

Dispensers

Bomber Dispenser: this dispenses a cis strike bomber with an extra pilot seat that fires rockets. the bombs, rockets, and partical cannons are modded. Needs eye points fixed for the gunner

Hailfire Dispenser: this dispenses a cis hailfire tank with three pilot positions. the driver has a modified chaingun and the 2 others use the rocket racks. one person uses one side and the other person uses the other. Needs eye points fixed for both of the rocket turrets.

Shield Dispenser: this is a shield turret with custom effects that makes a big blue shield like the fambas on naboo (in swbf1). it works quite well but don't place too many on a map. more than 3 will cause massive ammounts of lag but 1 or 2 is alright. the shield has high health and is huge. it is really good for fortresses (especally if used in an elevated fort) and you can fire from inside of it and walk through it.

Swamp Speeder Dispenser: There are 3 versions. V1: has one chaingun (it fires from all 4 hardpoints though) and is the weakest. V2: has one chaingun and one shock cannon. they are both modded and have faster firing chainguns and the shock cannons spread horizontally only. V3: this one has two seat and both positions have 2 chainguns, one for each side of the turret for the pilot. the gunner uses the other turret. The gunner for the V3 speeder needs the eye point offsets fixed

Turret Dispenser: Dispenses one tripod turret with extremely rapid fire lasers. for some reason the lasers seem to fire from above where the turret is at. it may have some sort of collision/fire point offset problem.

Orbitals

Cluster Grenade: Its a grenade that when thrown explodes and sends 50 grenades flying from it from a low level for the cluster bomb effect (i would change the scatter distance and how many grenades are droped if i wanted it on a smaller map) This orbital i have noticed that scout type ai will use on tanks and usally they will hit u and then explode around you then lag you alittle with the lights so u are trapped then they explode and you die :(

Dark Matter Bomb: it sends one dark matter bomb (you may want to increase the effect LOD distance on this one some how) which lands on the ground and explodes knocking back any nearby units and killing them. this is a binocular fired orbital.

Grenade orbital: This fires my custom concussion grenades in an orbital attack for 5 seconds (100 shots in five seconds) they knock back or kill any units they hit and kill damage tanks severly if not killing them. this is a grenade type orbital.

Rocket orbital: This fires a volly of 100 rockets at the ground withen 1 second killing just about anything in the area.

Poison orbital: this fires a volly of 1000 poison explosives at the ground in the time of 10 seconds which do much more damage to non driods than to driods.

"Dawn of War style" Orbital: this orbital i made after seeing the orbitals on the game Dawn of war. it's the commander of the space marine's super move. if you haven't played dawn of war then i'll tell you what it does. it fires a beam of blue light down at the ground causing detonation in the area. it causes the beams to fall randomly at one every 3-6 seconds for over 2 minutes. the blasts will kill almost anything near them and blast them away. this weapon will, by the time its over, kill anything on the map. this is my favorite orbital and is binocular fired.

Guns:

Blaster: modified republic blaster that has double ammo per clip, faster firing rate, 100 damage per shot, but has more spread than the stock blasters making it harder to hit far range targets. used best at medium to short range.

Shotblast: its the blaster in shotgun mode. it has a clip of 100 shots, 20 shots per salvo, is rapid fire (you can just hold the button), and is good at medium to short range (will sometimes hit long range and is extremely good against flying units).

Concusion Grenade Launcher: this fires two different shots, uncharged it fires a concusive grenade that only does small damage and knocks back any enemies in the area. charged up the grenade explosion kills and pushes back any nearby units.

Disk Gun: Fires 100 disks a second, disks and their explosions do 1 damage each. the disks lock on. can inflict 200 damage a second. has no overheat and has infinite ammo

Dusty disk gun: same as the diskgun but with longer range, 25 times more damage, and a different effect

Explosive Pistol: this is a pistol that fires a heavy explosive round that will most of the time instant kill any unit weaker than 601 health. has an explosion that pushes living units which can be helpful. the ai usally use this in groups if u give them to troopers and have the main unit use the weapon. in groups this weapon is even stronger than alone. one shot in the body makes you crouch almost and a second shot knocks you down and a third either kills you or makes u keep rolling back. The original name for this weapon was going to be "Proton Pistol" but i kinda wanted the laser to be blue for my rep team >.>

Fire Blaster: This is my favorite gun out of them all. it took me awhile to figure out but it has 4 charge levels. uncharged it fires an auto seeking fire ball that does 1000 damage and usally kills its target. charge level 1 fires a volly of 10 slow moving fireballs that do massive damage. they auto track and if u move the reticule to different targets withen the 1 second period it takes the full salvo to fire the shots will track all the targets you pointed at if you do it right. the shots slowly get faster as they go. if the rockets aren't locked on then they fire like a shotgun (but with more yaw spread than pitch [double]). Charge level 2 fires a blast of magma/fire/lava which catches enemies near it on fire and pushes them back. charge level 3 (the final one) kills any enemy it hits. it is an incenerating blast of energy that vaporizes the target and if the unit somehow did survive it then it would have been pushed back so that you could fire an uncharged shot at it as the ai did to me while i was testing the weapon o_o

Leaf Cannon: if you were at gametoast last year then you probably would have seen my leaf cannon thread. i had this weapon finished at the time but never got around to uploading it untill now. this fires a trail of leaves that lock on and kill a unit in a "leafy" explosion of doom. (you could also use the effect of the explosion for someone running though or jumping into a leaf pile) the weapon is rapid fire. the leaves do 1 damage but the explosion does 50 and pushes enemies back. Its all about the leaves :P

Poison pistol: this weapon fires poison gas balls at the enemies. it locks on to enemies and tracks them. it does more damage to organic units than driods and vehecals/buildings. the weapon's explosion effect can get laggy sometimes since it usally fires more than one shot for a split second of holding the mouse down with it being on auto fire. a fix for this is either to not get near the explosion or to make the weapon have trigger single set to 1 instead of 0.

Poison Sprayer: this weapon is like a flamethrower but it fires poison, does little to no damage against driods, and has different effects and damage. (it also has a push of 1 which kill slow down enemies trying to come at you from the front and would keep falling/flying units in the air for a longer time. in the time it keeps them trapped up or slowing them from advance you could probably kill them with this or other guns.

Riot gun: This weapon is like a flamethrower but doesn't do as much damage. it has a weak burn damage rate and pushes the enemies back and usally knocks them to the ground.

Shock Field: this weapon is best against driods(usally insta-kill) but can be used to kill off other units withen seconds. it fires a ball of lightning around you and zaps enemies it hits then slowly demenishes their health. (i set this weapon to work best with my arctrooper which has FETT animations so that when this weapon is fired it looks as though he is pressing buttons on his wrist gauntlet)

Smoke Grenade Launcher: This pretty much explains itself. its like a mortar but it does little damage unless the grenade directly hits something (still wouldn't kill it though). when the grenade explodes it causes a cloud of smoke to appear.

Smoke Sprayer: this gun does little damage but sprays black smoke out which will blind any enemy hit with it (i wouldn't recommend holding this weapon down for long as it will cause the effect to not show up) this does have burn damage and a smoke effect for it but still does barely any damage.

Wrist Beam: this fires a blue beam of death for 5 seconds which usally kills anything under 500 health instantly.

Poison Debuff: its a modded poison debuff (i changed the name don't worry) it has a nicer, more poison like effect than the stock one and does more damage. it also has a better effect when it hits units than the stock (in my opinion)

AND THATS ALL FOLKS!

for the weapons that is.

Credits:
me (dakota) for making all the weapons, compiling them, and typing this big readme right here.

GameToast: helpping me make these weapons with their great tutorials and modding support. (without them this weapon pack probably wouldn't have been made or released)

lucasarts/pandemic: for making the game

and anyone else i may have forgot.

If you have any questions then either find my thread on gametoast with this mod or just post it in the comments area on the filefront download page.

P.S. if you haven't gotten the idea already, you CAN modify these things, just give me credit and on the weapons you moddified just state in the credits that you modified them.

[End]
now questions, comments, what weapon you are going to use posts. BEGIN. :runaway:

[link updated]
Last edited by Dakota on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.