Civilian animations released

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Civilian animations released

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

I made these anims for Rends' Mos Eisley and Food_Eaters Correlia: Coronet City
the pack includes the raw unmunged anims aswell as the animset "civ" withthe munged anims in it

here's a guide how to get them ingame:
Hidden/Spoiler:
If you want to make a custom animset because you want to rearrange the anims or add another one or you need the set for a twilek or wookie, follow the tutorial below.

If you want to use the munged animset only follow step 12 and make shure the units "weapon" has the animstionbank "tool".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to create and munge a custom animationset:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1. Go to the BF2_ModTools\assets\Animations\ folder and copy the munge.bat clean.bat and munge_subdir.bat files.

2. Paste them in the data_YOURMAPID\Animations\ folder

3. Open the munge.bat (rightclick->edit) and delete all lines except the first three 4 lines.

4. Change the "human0" entry in the "@call munge_subdir.bat SoldierAnimationBank\human_0" line to the name of your new animset, ill call it "civ".

5. Open the "SoldierAnimationBank" folder -you will see a folder called "template" inside- rename it to "civ".

6. When you open this folder you will see another munge.bat, open it and it will look like this:
"@call ..\munge_animation.bat "/keepframe0 /dest aalya.zaf" Sides\REP" rename "REP" to the side you want to munge your animation to.

7. Rename "aalya.zaf" to "civ.zaf", close and save the munge.bat

8. Now go to the "BF2_ModTools\assets\Animations\SoldierAnimationBank\human_0" folder, copy the basepose.msh file and paste it in your "civ" folder.

9. Copy and paste the animations which came with this pack also in the "civ" folder.

10.Animationnames are set up like this:
"civ_tool_stand_runforward_upper.msh"
"civ" determinates the animationset, if you name your animset differently you have to rename the prefix of all animations.
"tool" is the name of the animationbank, that means that in this case all tools will use this animation
(other animbanks are tool,meele,bazooka etc.).
"stand" is the posture, battlefront knows four postures: stand,standaler,crouch and crouchalert, the animposture is used after a wepon was fired.
"runforward" is the name of the state in which this animation is played. (other states are idle_emote,shoot,reload,jump etc. ).
and the "upper"-extension defines for which part of the body the animation is applied in this case its the upperbody.
usually only the "upper"-, and "full" or no extensions are used. if you use "upper" the lowerbody will use the stock animation for this state.

11.Now launch the munge.bat in the "Animations" folder. If you've done everything right you will now have "civ.anims","civ.zafbin" and
"civ.zaabin" in the "munged" folder of the side you've choosen.

12.Open the odf of the unit you want to give the the new anim and write
"AnimationName = "civ" under "[Properties]"

13.Munge your map and enjoy the new animations!

Notes:
-If you dont like the (awesome) standanimations, just delete the "civ_tool_stand_idle_emote_full.msh" and
civ_tool_standalert_idle_emote_full.msh animations and remunge the animset. Battlefront will allways use the stockanims
(humanX_...) for all animations that arent included in your customanimset.
-If you want to put anonther animationset in the hirarchy between the "human_X"- and your animset, write it behind you customanimset in your odf.
E.g. "AnimationName = "cloneassassin aalya" this unit will look in the aalya animationset if it cant find an anim in the "cloneassassin" set.
If it cant find the anim in the "aalya" animset either, it will ude the base "human_X" anim. (Of course you have to load the additional anim )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you use them please credit me
credits and further informations can be found in the readme

Download
MediaFire

feel free to post screens of them :D
Last edited by DarthD.U.C.K. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battlefiler
2nd Warning
2nd Warning
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Skipe ID: Battlefiler1 xfire ID: [GT]-|battlefiler|- GERMANY

Re: Civilian animations released

Post by Battlefiler »

nice nice you are great :yes: :bowdown:
Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Null_1138 »

Cool, this will go well with my civilian side. Thanks!
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Post by sampip »

Wow, these look really, really good! Am definitely gonna use them! :D
[TFA]Padawan_Fighter
High General
High General
Projects :: Ha - as if I will ever get back to them
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 ARK EliteDngrs
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [TFA]Padawan_Fighter »

Could you at least post a video of them? Maybe some screens?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

[TFA]Padawan_Fighter wrote:Could you at least post a video of them? Maybe some screens?
At the end of his post, he clearly asks others to help him with that.
sampip
General
General

Post by sampip »

:runaway: I'm getting a trojan virus detected whenever I try to download these anims and I don't want to take that risk. Could anyone upload them anywhere else, please?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

here they are: click me!
sampip
General
General

Post by sampip »

EDIT: They look really nice, and especially the idle pose is really good, but the running for me looked a bit hunched up. If you were to improve, I would put the shoulders lower and make the arm angle slighty larger. But they are really good :D
I couldn't take a video but I have got some pics showing the poses:
Idle/standing:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Running:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Crouching:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Easy to put in (except if your doing a custom anim set), if you don't need to, it took me literally one minute to change one thing in the odf, so worth the download!
Lagomorphia
Major
Major

Post by Lagomorphia »

First various pistol grips, and now civilians. What's next? I'm hoping for new Super Battle Droid animations. Jogging SBDs look really odd.