Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated DEC21 imp sith trp)

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated DEC21 imp sith trp)

Post by Gogie »

I may use this thread later and add on to it as I complete more storm troopers and variants.

VEHICLES:

ATTE:
ATTE

PLAYER MODELS:

IMPORTANT: If you are using any storm trooper models and have custom animations and dont want to use the animations they come with, you will need to use this basepose.msh in order to align the armor bones properly to your animation:
LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qTFxA ... Jxj3Wr9kCr

Sith Trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RMeVC ... QAPCwRldpY

I added a new skeleton to the model, this is meant to reduce clipping on all pieces of armor, note this skeleton is a Work In Progress as animations can be VERY time consuming and will be added to as I complete more units. I will have a seperate link available for munged animations and will periodically update it for people who just need to update the skeleton, this is being designed in a way that all storm troopers and variants can share a common animation.

Note: these materials and textures folder is only a requirement if you intend to use this model with Shader Patch.

should be noted that even though you have the shader patch textures you may have to tinker in the GUI console for the perfect settings depending on what your maps lighting is like. The textures should not have to be changed however.

Original texture size for everything is 2048x2048, I strongly recommend lowering this, I kept the high resolution textures so modders could lower at their discretion.

Pictures:

Credits:
myself for model, UV's Textures
EA/Dice: referenced their model for imperfections in armor, as well as relative dimensions
Pandemic: original skeleton and rig proportions
Imperial Sith Trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lga3A ... KipgLqJ9z4

I added a new skeleton to the model, this is meant to reduce clipping on all pieces of armor, note this skeleton is a Work In Progress as animations can be VERY time consuming and will be added to as I complete more units. I will have a seperate link available for munged animations and will periodically update it for people who just need to update the skeleton, this is being designed in a way that all storm troopers and variants can share a common animation.

Note: these materials and textures folder is only a requirement if you intend to use this model with Shader Patch.

should be noted that even though you have the shader patch textures you may have to tinker in the GUI console for the perfect settings depending on what your maps lighting is like. The textures should not have to be changed however.

Original texture size for everything is 2048x2048, I strongly recommend lowering this, I kept the high resolution textures so modders could lower at their discretion.

Pictures:

Credits:
EA/Dice: referenced their model for imperfections in armor, as well as relative dimensions
Storm Trooper (dirty Korriban)
Hidden/Spoiler:
here is the link to the current Storm Trooper files from Korriban: https://drive.google.com/open?id=125ZR6 ... F8uT0Gm-wq

It should also be noted that the detail texture in the mesh folder is meant to darken the armor to prevent specular from causing the armor to glow, you may have to adjust this colour depending on what your lighting in the map is. (this should be kept a greyscale but simply lightened and darkened to prevent too much glow and too much darkening on armor)

also should be noted that even though you have the shader patch textures you may have to tinker in the GUI console for the perfect settings depending on what your maps lighting is like. The textures should not have to be changed however.

picture:
Stock Engine:

Shader Patch: PBR (AO, metallic roughness, normal, albedo materials)

Credits:
Star Wars Rivals: used storm trooper as reference for the dimensions of helmet.
Storm Trooper: Clean Variant + Shader Patch Materials (NEW Skeleton Added Nov 23 2019)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bffLZ ... WdfIsJbmvr

[UPDATE NOV 23 2019]: I added a new skeleton to the model, this is meant to reduce clipping on all pieces of armor, note this skeleton is a Work In Progress as animations can be VERY time consuming and will be added to as I complete more units. I will have a seperate link available for munged animations and will periodically update it for people who just need to update the skeleton, this is being designed in a way that all storm troopers and variants can share a common animation.

It should also be noted that the detail texture in the mesh folder is meant to darken the armor to prevent specular from causing the armor to glow, you may have to adjust this colour depending on what your lighting in the map is. (this should be kept a greyscale but simply lightened and darkened to prevent too much glow and too much darkening on armor)

also should be noted that even though you have the shader patch textures you may have to tinker in the GUI console for the perfect settings depending on what your maps lighting is like. The textures should not have to be changed however.

Pictures:

Stock Engine:

Shader Patch w/ PBR

Credits:
Engineer Trooper Clean texture w/ Attached backpack
Hidden/Spoiler:
LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kv5dx ... AIv1a9ffv-

PICTURES:

Shock Trooper (Original Appearance Based off EA): Clean Variant + Shader Patch Materials
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12fpUZ ... cCRiSr6GbQ

Pictures:

Credits:
Shock Trooper (Kama Variant, Clean) + shader patch materials (UPDATED DEC 3 Unit now uses anti clipping skeleton and comes with munged folder)
Hidden/Spoiler:
LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bffLZ ... WdfIsJbmvr

AS this unit has a KAMA you will need a .odf for the cloth, cloth mesh chunk name is pim_inf_shocktrooper_cape_c (same name as texture)

PICTURES:

Stock Engine:

Shader Patch:

Credits:
Shadow Trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K10dB ... R42Km3CoWD

Pictures:

Credits:
Jet Trooper (EA based appearance)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jez_P ... NbBJ8OvOA0

NOTE: This unit does not come with a jet effect, I will eventually design one however if anyone happens to create one that matches the model nicely, feel free to PM me about it, you will of course receive full credit.

Pictures:

Credits:
SandTrooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19VaN7 ... iyC4gIbOvX

Pictures:

Credits:
Dark Trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DgSAz ... XqDyuCwS7O

Pictures:

Credits:
Scout Trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ovw8t ... WzWxe0Uo7R

Pictures:

Credits:
myself for final model, UV's Textures
Free Radical: Use of original Battlefront 3 scout trooper model

Garazeb
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5xUQ ... 0_F__sjE0W

Note: No SP materials at this time, this will be added in a later update for this model.

Pictures:

Credits:
Star Wars Pinball: Original Model
Richtofen63 (discord user): a lot of help with reference material.

WEAPONS:

E11 Blaster: (UPDATE: Dec 14, now includes extended stock variant model)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link to improved E-11 (including clean and tarnished textures w/ Shader Patch PBR materials)

Note: as with other models, this contains hi resolution textures (4096x4096) it is recommended you lower this, I have kept it high so each modder can reduce these textures at their own discretion.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ns8ih ... 9dwzn-3gW_

pictures:
[hide]Stock Engine:

Shader Patch w/ PBR

Extended stock variant

SE14C Blaster Pistol:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RNryc ... 3YRjtltxCU

Note: as with other models, this contains hi resolution textures (4096x4096) it is recommended you lower this, I have kept it high so each modder can reduce these textures at their own discretion.

Pictures:

Stock Engine:

Shader Patch w/ PBR

DLT-19 Blaster Rifle / DLT-19 with Bipod / DLT-19X / DLT-19D weapon pack (updated DEC 16)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oN9fz ... _XxbaZx5cV

Note: as with other models, this contains hi resolution textures (2048x2048) it is recommended you lower this, I have kept it high so each modder can reduce these textures at their own discretion.

Pictures:

Shader Patch w/ PBR

DLT-19

DLT-19 with Bipod

DLT-19X

DLT-19D
Last edited by Gogie on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 25 times in total.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated Nov12 w/ E11)

Post by giftheck »

Looking fantastic here, Gogie! Unless I'm very much mistaken, is that Stormtrooper entirely from scratch as a model? It looks great!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated Nov12 w/ E11)

Post by Gogie »

almost entirely. The model itself was modelled using both the Rivals and EAfront model as references for scaling and dimensions (admiteddly I did use the rivals chin but there was no point in modelling a new one since well... i wouldnt have changed anything about it) the UV for that was redone though to fit the new helmet. One of the big goals here was to make our wonderful game look more modern, I noticed EA's model has A lot of imperfections in the armour (example the cubes on the belt are not perfect cubes, there are differences in dimensions of each) so largely the model used that a reference so I could adapt the same imperfection concept to this trooper.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated DEC16 dlt varia

Post by Lorul1 »

WOAH this is amazing I will definitely use this in my conversion mod !!
i2Bros
Private First Class
Projects :: SWBF2 Battles of the Clone Wars
Games I'm Playing :: Cod
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated DEC20 sith troo

Post by i2Bros »

Wow man, that's amazing. I would like to see you and Commander Awesome work together on a skin-changer mod where you can select stormtroopers of all types (EU, Rogue One, Canon, Sequel, Han Solo movie, etc.)
I'd love to help with that, especially after January 2020 when I'll have some more free time to spend on modding. Please let me know your thoughts about this. These models deserve some nice use ;)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated DEC21 imp sith

Post by RevanSithLord »

Imperial Sith Trooper - White version:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n6251t8m ... e.zip/file
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
White Sith Trooper:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a6r6xfjl ... e.zip/file
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: Gogies Visually Improved Models (Updated DEC21 imp sith trp)

Post by Gogie »

added republic ATTE to the assets, going forward to save space and build on my portfolio i will only be uploading assets to sketchfab for download, ZE files can be found under the following folders : source > modding files.

here is a link to the new atte which includes realtime preview of model: ATTE