GAB's Maps Source Files

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

GAB's Maps Source Files

Post by GAB »

Here are the source files for all my maps ever made (Honoghr: Crash Site, Alzoc 3: Blizzard and Kothlis: Sea Haven). These include the very data_ABC folders used to develop the maps as well as a munged build that can be played and modified right away.

What you can do with these files:
- Tear them apart.
- Use them to modify the original maps
- Change them at will.
- Munge again to see how your changes affected the original map.
- Use them to see how something was done.
- Munge a map to play locally with your buddies.

And what you cannot do with these files:
- Re-publish them on the Internet.
- Claim them as your work.
- Release anything munged with these files (as stated above, it is ok to munge the map and share it with your buddies, but do not publish it on the Internet for public download).

If you want to have your own take on any of my maps, and release them for public download, please contact me first.

Download Links:
Honoghr: Crash Site Source Files (116MB, contains the 1.0 version files slightly modified for a never announced nor finished 2.0 version)

Alzoc 3: Blizzard Source Files (625MB, contains the files used to develop the 1.0 version and the never released 2.0 version featured here)

Kothlis: Sea Haven Source Files (618MB, contains the files used to develop the 1.0 and 2.0 versions of the map)

Kothlis: Sea Haven (Christmas Edition) Source Files (579MB, contains the files used to create the Christmas Edition of Kothlis: Sea Haven)

Make sure you read the README that comes with these files. It contains an overview of their current state as well as some extra info on how to handle resources related to map variants and all that stuff.

Now, have fun. :wink:
Last edited by GAB on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: GAB's Maps Source Files

Post by Kingpin »

Hooray! Great work!
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Full Sail University
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: PREICISON733

Post by PRECISION »

I requested access to the Sea Haven map just so you know :)
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Ok, PRECISION. Just download the source files and talk to me through PM on what you intend to do with them.

EDIT: Stupid me. I forgot to make two of the files public... :cpu:
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Does it include the lighting and sky files?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

JimmyAngler wrote:Does it include the lighting and sky files?
I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't.
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

JimmyAngler wrote:Does it include the lighting and sky files?
It includes everything. From sky files to scripts, from lighting files to world files. Even sound files are included.

By the way, just a little thing I remembered, if anyone has problems opening the map in Zero Editor, make sure you have the line TerrainName("MapID"); in the wld. file and a terrain file (.ter) with the MapID name in the world1 folder. If you don't find any .ter file in the world1 folder, copy one from the variant specific folders and rename it.

Another detail that I've just remembered, ZeroEditor is configured for a 1600x900 resolution in these files. You can change that in the config.ini file in the data_MapID folder.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Another detail that I've just remembered, ZeroEditor is configured for a 1600x900 resolution in these files. You can change that in the config.ini file in the data_MapID folder.
Ohhh wait. Is it possible to change the zero editor window size?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

thelegend wrote:Ohhh wait. Is it possible to change the zero editor window size?
Yes, like he just said.

http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8853
Glitch25
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: [ISM] [BFU]
Games I'm Playing :: [SWBFII] [SWBFI]

Post by Glitch25 »

Would you permit the release of a side modification that supports your maps? (i.e. custom units replace stock units)
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Great gesture to release the source files from all your maps:)
It's always great to have the possibility to look at other peoples maps and see how certain things are set up (same reason I published all my maps sources, too). I'm so gonna munge the new version of Alzoc 3 :D
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

Glitch25 wrote:Would you permit the release of a side modification that supports your maps? (i.e. custom units replace stock units)
You mean, like a custom era (like Mass Effect Unification, Dark Times, BFX)? Or a modification that simply "overwrites" the stock units in my maps (which is what I think you mean) ?
Locutus wrote:Great gesture to release the source files from all your maps:)
It's always great to have the possibility to look at other peoples maps and see how certain things are set up (same reason I published all my maps sources, too). I'm so gonna munge the new version of Alzoc 3 :D
Have fun and I hope you like what I did with your HQ mode.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

GAB wrote: By the way, just a little thing I remembered, if anyone has problems opening the map in Zero Editor, make sure you have the line TerrainName("MapID"); in the wld. file and a terrain file (.ter) with the MapID name in the world1 folder. If you don't find any .ter file in the world1 folder, copy one from the variant specific folders and rename it.
What do you mean by that? I am not quite sure how to fix this.
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

OK. I'll explain step by step what I mean with that. (if you are working with the Kothlis Source Files (data_KTH) skip steps 1, 2 and 3):

1. Open the map's world file (.wld) with a text editor:
2. Look for the following line ScriptName("DummyScript.dll");
3. Right above that one, add this line: TerrainName("AL3.ter"); (Don't forget the semicolon at the end of the line)
4. Go to the dawn folder inside the world1 folder.
5. Copy the dawn.ter file and paste it in the world1 folder.
6. Rename dawn.ter to KTH, if you are dealing with the Kothlis source files, or to AL3 if your dealing with the Alzoc 3 sources.

This whole process is required because ZeroEditor cannot properly open worlds which do not have a terrain assigned in the .wld file and located in the world1 folder. If you want to open the world with the terrain of any other variant instead, do the same process above, but with the .ter located in the folder corresponding to the variant you're interested in.

Some extra things: In the way the files are setup, when you load the world in ZE, the map's actual lighting will not be present. To remedy that do the following (this process applies to both Kothlis and Alzoc 3 source files):

1. Open the map's world file (.wld) with a text editor, again:
2. Above the line referencing the terrain, add LightName("ModID"); (Once again, don't forget the semicolon at the end of the line)
3. Go to the folder which contains the files of the variant you want the lighting to be loaded in the editor.
4. Copy the .lgt file in that folder and paste it in the world1 folder.
5. Rename the file you have just pasted to the map's ModID. If you are asked if you wish to overwrite any file, do it.
6. Open the world in ZE and the variant's lighting should be loaded in the editor.

The ModTools wasn't designed to do this kind of stuff (i.e. making worlds with more than one "variant"), so these kinds of workarounds are needed.

Just one last tidbit of confusion for you. If you want to munge the map, remove the LightName line from the .wld file, otherwise that lighting will be always loaded ingame and things will look weird. Also, delete the .ter file with the ModID name located in the world1 folder, otherwise it will be munged and since you have a TerrainName("ModID.ter") line in your .wld, this terrain will always be loaded ingame and things will look weird as well. Lastly, don't remove the TerrainName line from the world file, otherwise, for whatever reason, the minimap texture will not appear in the game.

And that's it. Any questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by GAB on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

Alright. Thanks :)
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

The files linked in the first post of this thread have been updated. They still have the same source files as before (with exception of Kothlis which had its source files replaced with the ones for version 2.0), but now are accompanied by a much better README and a munged build of the maps, that can be installed and played like any other mod map.

Enjoy!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I really like Sea Haven. Are you fine with me importing the map into the PSP version of swbf2?

This is what I would be doing:
-all textures crunched down to 32x32, 64x64, etc (PSP is a weak machine)
-removing all models/msh files that have too much data
-not using any custom game modes, or sides (using only stock sides and stock modes)
-slightly modifying the map scripts to work with the PSP and stock sides, and other stock content

Thanks for your time. :yes:
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by GAB »

anthonybf2 wrote:I really like Sea Haven. Are you fine with me importing the map into the PSP version of swbf2?
Sure! No problem.
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Delta327 »

May I use the Kothlis stuff on a map I'm working on. If its ok with u GAB

Edit: might be two accidental post just joined gametoast
SORRY.