EAW Mods Available. Get more from your demo!

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

EAW Mods Available. Get more from your demo!

Post by guru »

Mods for Empire at War demo!

I made a few since some people will only want minor changes while others will want major cheats/hacks. Dont let this ruin your eaw game -- play it all the way through then use these to extend your play of the demo.

Start missions with 999999 or more credits
Marauder_Missile_Cruiser (not allowed in demo) is now standard in space
All (not allowed in demo) units are now available
Play using any unit from any faction (even cute lil jawas or wookies)
Play as Imperial or Pirate Factions on any mission including Atats on Tat!
Sandcrawler is now a usable rebel land vehicle with varias weapon/shield options.
Sandstorms on Tatooine are now replaceable with snow, rain, ash fallout.

There are a few different variations im releasing. Check the eaw downloads area to see what you like. More coming soon!
Last edited by guru on Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raingod

RE: EAW Mods Available. Get more from your demo!

Post by Raingod »

Is there any way that more planets could be added to the single player? We know theres mores world in the tutorials, maybe those could be added?
theguarder

Post by theguarder »

Guru... you skipped my biggest wish for this demo... no population limit.... i hope you or someone else can do this.
Juggernaut1985

Post by Juggernaut1985 »

Guru, would you mind contacting me and telling me how you managed to do all of this. I'm trying to get my feet wet so I have an idea of what we can do when the game comes out and we start working on Legacy of War even more.
Postulio

Post by Postulio »

those mods sound great Guru! Just have to wait for the game to finish downloading...
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Can't wait guru!
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

looking forward to it, 'specially playing as the imps, i was disappointed they didn't include that.
...i also wanted a no pop cap mod...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

hmm no pop cap is an interesting feat let me see what I can do , also I just got in from a lan party so give me some time to upload the current mods ;) As far as moving stuff from the tutorials I didnt even look at that yet, My main interest was getting about 20 more ships on each side so I could play the space battle longer. Now its REAL long! lol. Whatever I have now ill put up tonight.
Juggernaut1985

Post by Juggernaut1985 »

I just want to know how you edited the stuff.
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

has anyone figured out how to make maps for the game yet? I'm not a modder by any means, though I am an artist and would help anyone that needs concepts and whatnot. That said, I have some ideas for maps. This game is a dream come true for me in terms of epic scope and strategy and I want to make maps and increase the longevity of the game until the next one comes out. Are there any general tips or tutorials that would help me accomplish this? I know that might be asking for too much so soon but a headstart would really help.

Juggernaut, from what I understand, you can edit the Config file within the data folder in order to make changes to the game, though not 100% sure.
Last edited by Tyler_Durden on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

Ill try to post a how to tonight. Im working on a meg decompressor to extract sound , models and textures now.
oh heh , check my favorite units here :)

Rrass

Post by Rrass »

hey guru where are u uploading these too?!
Mimic

Post by Mimic »

I guess Rrass beat me to it, but when will they be uploaded? Im itching to try the new mod! The demo just couldnt keep me busy long enough! *Hugs Empire at War* :D Oh... I should also introduce myself I guess, 'cause im new here! (Yay first post?) So hey guys... i'm Mimic. :o ... Ok 8) I'm done...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

the first mod covers a few things like piles of credits, play as wookies and 6 more things please check the downloads area inthe new EAW files :)

Spinosaursus

Post by Spinosaursus »

Wohoo! I'll play it after I finish my studies. Looks great.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i tried editing the config file in notepad, but no matter how insignificant my changes, i always get an error when i try to start the game :( the only thing i've managed to do is change the names given to ships (those are in different files).

definitely cant wait to go stomp some imps with their own at-at's, lol.
has anyone figured out how to make maps for the game yet?
i doubt we'll be able to map until the game comes out and we get some tools. i'd be happy if someone proved me wrong tho, :).
maxloef
Major General
Major General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by maxloef »

give us unlimited unit population :D
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

guru, in your next release you should give the rebels boba fett, I was able to do it, and if you do a space battle with him he flies around in the Slave II 8)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

heh yea geo there are so many fun ideas I cant sleep , lol. Using Kashyyk now with twileks and running around as tuskens LOL.
I was able to get more po pcap by making every single planet available. for those modding that cant wait for the download add paths to every planet in the trade route area , also put at least 1 "friendly unit" on the land for each planet. In the end youll have a huge pop cap , and every planet shows up in the maps area. to bad we can only use twileks home planet , kashyyk and tatooine , thats the only maps in the demo.
(if you try to visit the other planets when you travel in space byactually moving troops onto it to take it , youll get locked and have to close the game) anyways more stuff soon!
maxloef
Major General
Major General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by maxloef »

hey gure i dont know if tis possible but maybe you can st the ammount of unit pop u get on each planet so u can set like hoth to like 9999999999 so u can make a huge army :D