Action camera thing

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Action camera thing

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Too tired to post a review of the demo at the moment ...in short I think its gonna be an awesome game.

2 things that bugs me however are :

The 'action cam' thingy is kinda dumb ....bad angles half the time.

Also In the normal mode Id like to have full control of the angles so i could swing the camera round ( i could only move it left , right , up and down .

These things wont stop me buying the game tho'

cant wait :)
geoman777

RE: Action camera thing

Post by geoman777 »

I actually liked the cinematic mode thingy, It looks pretty cool when you do that, although it zooms in on random units that arent even fighting
phildo

Re: Action camera thing

Post by phildo »

Lord-Bandu wrote:Also In the normal mode Id like to have full control of the angles so i could swing the camera round ( i could only move it left , right , up and down .
to rotate the camera hold down the control key and click the middle scroll button on your mouse. 8)
dreadlordnyax

RE: Re: Action camera thing

Post by dreadlordnyax »

a little more about the camera which you may or may not have found:
-you can change the pitch of the cam in space battles with the above mentioned method [ctrl + mouse3]
-in ground battles, the pitch automatically changes when you zoom in far enough
-by hitting [c] twice, you can control the angle of the cinematic camera with the mouse, and zoom in/out with the mouse wheel
-once it seems you've hit the max zoom out level, you can keep rolling the mousewheel, and there are 2 additional levels of zoom which show a more comprehensive view of the battle. you lose the interface, tho.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/ ... /zoom1.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/ ... /zoom2.jpg
Last edited by dreadlordnyax on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

has anyone ever done the cinematic camera while doing a bombing run? its pretty sweet
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

There is a movie-mode, too, activated by pressing Space. As the name says in this mode the cam moves automaticly like in a movie!
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Kaos4 »

I liked the movie mode. One thing i thought was interesting was in the middle of a battle on tatooine the camera was focused on 1 small mouse-like animal.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

lol

it just bugs me that it keeps changing to a new camera each 3rd second!

I'd like to let it focus on one camera, and if that got boring: press Space again (like in the game) lol
it kinda bugs me to see my squadrons of fighters charging some TIE's and then it changes to another position XD

but I LOVE the Cinematic in space! :D :D :D
sh4d0wl0rd

Re: RE: Re: Action camera thing

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

Kaos4 wrote:I liked the movie mode. One thing i thought was interesting was in the middle of a battle on tatooine the camera was focused on 1 small mouse-like animal.
It's a womp rat!