Fallout

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Fallout

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Very glad to hear you're enjoying it.

re:Gore. For me I just go for realism, so I try to get mods that handle blood and gore in a less ridiculous way like vanilla Fallout 3 and New Vegas does. Someone's leg isn't going to explode if I shoot it with a 10mm, just saying.

When you want to play New Vegas let me know and I'll worry about gore/blood reduction for it when it's time.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

Hey wulf have you made any mods for fallout aside from the mods that edit the blood and gore in the games?
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Jane - Sister Of the Courier Mod
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO FNV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by REivEN »

From the ideas i and the one who is voicing Jane are discussing right now are turning this mod into a mini DLC that might be a part of a trilogy right now. We both hope that we will achieve this, cause we've been working on this actively for nearly 2 months now
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

@Tiki

I can't remember to be honest. Not anything beyond texture replacers, I'll say that much.

My version of New Vegas is so heavily modded I don't know where some of it is even from. My list has grown significantly longer since I posted what my mod order looks like. I did get Bounties I and II installed again finally.

I do intend to make mods for New Vegas though, and I have dipped my toes into the GECK a bit. For those who don't know, the development tools for Fallout 3 and New Vegas are called the GECK. Named after the Fallout item of the same name, Garden of Eden Creation Kit.

@REivEN

Cool. Also, you're late you silly nugget. :p I'm completely kidding, I know how hard it is to find the time, and I'm not going anywhere.

And finally I can show everyone my main character right now. Took me ages to finally get my game modded enough to be able to recreate her pretty decently.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
Meet Ellie. A 14 year old girl, her father died from cancer when she was 9, and her mother OD'ed on Med-X a year later. Since then Ellie has had to survive on her own in the harsh wasteland. Her Signature Weapon is her Hunting Rifle, though she runs out of .308 often. Her other weapons include her M37 20 gauge shotgun, her .38 Special, her trusty suppressed 9mm, and an old AK-47 she uses in emergencies.

She's made her living by repairing and selling what she can, and stealing food when she was younger has made her adept at Sneak. Her father had taught her how to use a Hunting Rifle when was was 8, so her Guns are quite high.

Because of her adept skills as a mechanic, she maintains and drives an old pickup truck..
Hidden/Spoiler:
She's a neutral character who leans paragon as opposed to renegade. She helps out those in need that she trusts, but will shoot and not ask questions later if she's approached by someone shifty. It's how she's survived in the harsh wasteland so far, and she's not about to change anytime soon (Average Speech and Charisma).

She never had time for a formal education, living in Junktown. Her Science and Energy Weapons skills are very low, and she still has no idea how to operate energy weapons even after finding and selling some.

She doesn't have a Pip-Boy, and thus can't use VATS. She does have a little PDA to organize her affairs though. However, her reflexes are exceedingly good because of her hardships (uses Bullet Time from Project Nevada).

Now after trying to make some money as a courier, she hunts down the man who tried to kill her. As they say, hell hath no fury like a scorned.

I try to play it as a true RPG as much as I can. I'll stop to make camp each night, shown in my screenshots. She hates chems because of what they did to her mom, so she doesn't use any but Med-X when she can't stand the pain of a bullet lodged in her thigh any longer.

One of the biggest game changing mods I use disables VATS, and makes most headshots a 1 shot kill. Most creatures and humans can be killed with a single well placed round. Well this works both ways, I (or rather Ellie), can be killed in one shot just as easily. Which is why sneak is so important, as is her trusty suppressed 9mm.

She's based off of Ellie from The Last of Us. Which is in my opinion the best game on the PS3. If you own a PS3 and don't own The Last of Us, go, GO, RIGHT NOW, RUN, BUY IT. It doesn't have the best gameplay in the world, but it does have some of the most realistic characters I've ever seen in a video game.

Here is my main reference, large image warning. I got her pretty accurate, down to her flashlight thanks to this mod.

But um, yeah. Having a lot of fun with this playthrough. :D

EDIT: Also i play on Very Hard. Might get some more mods that make it harder, especially when dealing with injuries.
Last edited by THEWULFMAN on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

@WULF
You're talking about the beta? Sorry about not sending it but i've been running into constant things things that need improvement so that means i'll try to send the beta next week or the week after.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

It's fine, it was just a joke since you had said you'd send it that day. I don't mind however long you take, I was simply going off of what you said earlier you silly goof.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

@Reiven that's really awesome that you want to do a trilogy and I whole hardheartedly support you on that. When I was thinking about your mod I thought about a big story line you could do but it probably would conflict what every you already got written for the mod. Anyhow I wish you luck on this endeavor and I cant wait to hear more about it.
___________________________________________________________________________________

@Wulf Thats awesome that your are thinking about modding and your recreation of Ellie from the last of us looks awesome!
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

TikiXFIP wrote:@Reiven that's really awesome that you want to do a trilogy and I whole hardheartedly support you on that. When I was thinking about your mod I thought about a big story line you could do but it probably would conflict what every you already got written for the mod. Anyhow I wish you luck on this endeavor and I cant wait to hear more about it.
___________________________________________________________________________________

@Wulf Thats awesome that your are thinking about modding and your recreation of Ellie from the last of us looks awesome!

It would probably be even cooler if, you know...... Ellie had some sort of redeemable quality as an npc......
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

What do you mean redeemable quality?

EDIT
Hey guys I have another fallout survey I though I should do since I just played it a day ago and thought this would be fun to ask. So when traveling the wasteland who was you favorite companion from any of the games. Me I personally enjoy having a companion yet its tough to keep them when there either really dumb or just don't do what you ask(Charon the ghoul running in front of my gun in the the middle of a shootout with regulators). However I always thought dogmeat and clover were good companions despite clovers hefty price. Anyway who was your favorite companion from any of the games.

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

@TikiXFIP: Stop doubling please. You've already done it many times now. Thanks.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Zapattack1234 »

TikiXFIP wrote:What do you mean redeemable quality?

EDIT
Hey guys I have another fallout survey I though I should do since I just played it a day ago and thought this would be fun to ask. So when traveling the wasteland who was you favorite companion from any of the games. Me I personally enjoy having a companion yet its tough to keep them when there either really dumb or just don't do what you ask(Charon the ghoul running in front of my gun in the the middle of a shootout with regulators). However I always thought dogmeat and clover were good companions despite clovers hefty price. Anyway who was your favorite companion from any of the games.

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
In the last of us she basically just serves the purpose of getting in the way
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Id beg to differ as she makes traveling more interesting since you have to protect her making combat more interersting and she can also help you from time to time when you get attacked by bandits or clickers :P
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Haven't had a companion yet, and it's gonna stay that way. Houston works solo. 8)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

As I said the gameplay in The Last of Us is not its accomplishment but its believable characters. I don't know you say she gets in the way, enemy AI can only detect the player, not Ellie or other friendly NPCs (I'd label this as a complaint personally). Though to call Ellie an NPC is debatable as she is playable during a lengthy portion of the game. Later on in the game she ends up being quite valuable in combat, especially if the player uses melee weapons more often.

She serves as the humanizing agent for Joel, who otherwise would be nothing but an donkey. It's a similar case with Lee and Clementine in Telltale's The Walking Dead game (season 1). Alone Lee is just some random guy trying to survive, but with Clem, he becomes a father figure and a selfless character. Without Clementine we don't sympathize with Lee, and without Ellie we don't sympathize with Joel.

TLOU needed better stealth mechanics and survival mechanics (I wanted to see Joel and Ellie having to hunt for food and clean water). The Infected were pretty good except for their lack of enemy types (4 wasn't enough). However when dealing with firearms I felt they should have made it far more brutal and made headshots on NPCs and the player one hit kills, requiring better tactics especially with Ellie.

So that's my opinion on Ellie, Zap, and urge you to reconsider. I obviously like her enough to have her on my desktop and to recreate her in New Vegas. :p
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

@Cress you wont even consider getting dogmeat D:

@Wulf I agree I havent played the game yet
I have seen enough video footage to know ellie is a good companion

@Zap my point still stands :P
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

CressAlbane wrote:Haven't had a companion yet, and it's gonna stay that way. Houston works solo. 8)

I take it you aren't playing on Very Hard, which is a good idea for someone new to the series. Having a companion with you is a life saver on higher difficulties when you meet Super Mutants with a minigun and you're out of Hunting Rifle ammo (what was that in Fallout 3? I forget, it's .308 in New Vegas) and stimpacks.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

(what was that in Fallout 3? I forget, it's .308 in New Vegas) and stimpacks.
I get the feeling it was .32 bullets but I know your right about it being .308's in vegas
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Zapattack1234 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:As I said the gameplay in The Last of Us is not its accomplishment but its believable characters. I don't know you say she gets in the way, enemy AI can only detect the player, not Ellie or other friendly NPCs (I'd label this as a complaint personally). Though to call Ellie an NPC is debatable as she is playable during a lengthy portion of the game. Later on in the game she ends up being quite valuable in combat, especially if the player uses melee weapons more often.

She serves as the humanizing agent for Joel, who otherwise would be nothing but an donkey. It's a similar case with Lee and Clementine in Telltale's The Walking Dead game (season 1). Alone Lee is just some random guy trying to survive, but with Clem, he becomes a father figure and a selfless character. Without Clementine we don't sympathize with Lee, and without Ellie we don't sympathize with Joel.

TLOU needed better stealth mechanics and survival mechanics (I wanted to see Joel and Ellie having to hunt for food and clean water). The Infected were pretty good except for their lack of enemy types (4 wasn't enough). However when dealing with firearms I felt they should have made it far more brutal and made headshots on NPCs and the player one hit kills, requiring better tactics especially with Ellie.

So that's my opinion on Ellie, Zap, and urge you to reconsider. I obviously like her enough to have her on my desktop and to recreate her in New Vegas. :p
Ah okay, I guess I didn't explain my opinion correctly, I really like Ellie as a character and she adds an incredible amount of depth to the story, but when it comes to the gameplay I feel like Ellie has a secret alliance with the enemy npcs. That's what I was poking fun at, not Ellie as a character, but just her friendship with the undead :)
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

Another update on Jane:

She now will be able to construct a tent with her backpack. Yep you read it right - a portable tent.

The portable tent will include: campfire and bedrolls - no reloading bench and workbench

Why no reloading bench and workbench? - I'm pretty sure a single person can't move a reloading bench and or a workbench

Cheers
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Thats awesome! I was wondering is this mod going to add any new locations or is it still in the original mojave wasteland?