Desura

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Desura

Post by Maveritchell »

I don't know how many members here track ModDB or visit there often/on occasion - if you don't and you're interested in mods, you should be - but recently they've introduced some news about a new digital distribution service they're going to use (a la Steam or D2D) for both regular games as well as mods.

Browse the article to see:
http://www.moddb.com/groups/desura/news ... ing-desura

What's most interesting is not that another DD service is being made available, but that it's also being made available for mods. This is a fantastic potential opportunity to get in on something potentially game-changing early (at least in the mod scene), so if you like the idea of having a centralized digital download service for mods as well as games, it might be worthwhile getting behind, or tracking, or something.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Desura

Post by Nihillo »

I read the news, looks promising, it's nice to have such a (seemingly) well constructed service in the works, this will hopefully make it easier for players to find the best content available, and for modders to get more attention to their creations and their talent. I'll definetely be tracking their progress.

I think this is an important step for the general modding community, specially now that the line between fan-made modifications and industry-produced games is getting more and more blurry.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: Desura

Post by RED51 »

This program looks very promising! This will help the modding community very greatly!