(5)Murkhana: 607th Containment

The series of maps created by Xavious that follow the story of the 607th legion.

Moderator: Moderators

Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

(5)Murkhana: 607th Containment

Post by Xavious »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Storyline: After successfully defending the crashed Republic cruiser on Kashyyyk, Zhaus
and the 607th pursue Armonus' fleeing army across the galaxy.

The 607th traps Armonus in a city on Murkhana, surround on all sides by a
deep canyon.

Armonus has not given up, however. He surprises the 607th with a fully
equipped army, even after his massive losses at Kashyyyk. The battle will be tough, can the 607th hold out?

-Out of date content hidden-
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

RE: (5)Murkhana: 607th Containment

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Oooh! Cool! :D
{501st}Commander_Appo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by {501st}Commander_Appo »

Wow, its a terrific map, skins looks cool
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: (5)Murkhana: 607th Containment

Post by fai222 »

First of all, this is a very good map, but not one of my favorites. One thing I think is wierd is that the map is very good balanced when you play as the Republic. I walked around without getting killed or kill someone, and at the end of the map it was 7 - 9 or something. But when I play as the CIS, the CIS is crushed very easy.
Here are some other things I have noticed:
Hidden/Spoiler:
CP 8 is underground.

This shouldent be possible.

This is an example of me going inside objects in the map.

This shouldent be possible either

If you look at the middle of the sky it is a bit weird.

Some of the health and ammo crates is underground. I also think you should put some more health and ammo crates in the map.

Some of the auto turrets is a bit above ground.

I think the ground is a bit to black.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I liked this map for the most part. The atmosphere is good and the layout of the CIS fortress/base is good. The combat flows very well. It has all the chaos of a full blown battle, but there is still a distinction between the attacking and defending sides, unlike some maps where all the units run together into a mess of both sides all over the place. Fai222 mentioned pretty much all of the problems I found. The Republic has a slight advantage, cp8 is partially underground, and the ground is a little too dark on medium lighting, and almost completely black on high lighting. One other thing that bothered me was the low view distance. From the Republic's opening cps, you can't see more than half of the buildings; you just see right through them and into the sky. It looks less like they're looming out of the fog and more like they're slowly appearing out of nowhere. The last small thing I noticed with the environment was that an object or two was floating. Since the sides are the same as before, there weren't any real problems with them. The only thing I notcied was that the last attack of Armonus's combo doesn't have a walking/running animation, so he just slides across the ground if the player is moving. I really do love playing as him, though.

Sunken/floating objects:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Glamour shots:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

I liked this map a lot. The atmosphere is excellent and the rain and lightning add a great effect. The gameplay is very fun because of the circular shape of the map, because it really creates a very "contained" area with intense fighting.

The bugs that I saw have been mentioned. The republic does seem to have the advantage, but I guess that's kinda how it should be, since it is the 607th's story.

I love the sides, as always, but is the Dark Force Droid supposed to be available from the start? If not, then that obviously needs to be fixed.

Great work, Xav', keep it up!
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

I've noticed the same bugs as well. I also noticed that the turrets start out as destroyed and never shoot at the republic. I'm guessing its not supposed to be like that. If they worked they would help give the CIS a fighting chance.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

H_BOMB wrote:I've noticed the same bugs as well. I also noticed that the turrets start out as destroyed and never shoot at the republic. I'm guessing its not supposed to be like that. If they worked they would help give the CIS a fighting chance.
The turrets were fine when I played through the map.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

I actually enjoyed this Map much more than the previous Version of Murkhana.I liked the Atmosphere specially the Rain and the Object Placing was also well done.Good Work in reskinning the Bespin/Mygeeto Objects.This is really a dark and scary Planet. :thumbs:
I dont found many Bugs like the other tester but i only played for 4 Rounds also the Turrets are working for me.They Shoot but they never hit.

The AI guided SBD`s dont use Rockets to eliminate me.They should do to make the Battle more harder.
Also i think you used to much CP`s.To give every LandingPlatform a CP is way to much.3 CPs for Rep and the the 7 CPs from the CIS are good as they are.
Here and there a crashed and burning LAAT Gunship Prop would also be very helpful for the Atmosphere.
The Naboo Fountains doesnt fit to this World.
The Clone Tooper can carry only 2 Thermaldetonators.
The JetTrooper actually fires 16 EMP Missiles.The Destruction of each bullet isnt very effective. 3 Hits to kill 1 ridiculous BattleDroid.So he is very useless in this Map but i think you wanted it so.
2 Buildings are connected with Bridges but they dont have any sense at this Places.They arent reachable only with a Jet Troope.
Eggman wrote: One other thing that bothered me was the low view distance. From the Republic's opening cps, you can't see more than half of the buildings; you just see right through them and into the sky. It looks less like they're looming out of the fog and more like they're slowly appearing out of nowhere.
100% Agreed.
Hebes24 wrote:The republic does seem to have the advantage, but I guess that's kinda how it should be, since it is the 607th's story
Really.I think its hard to get Advantage while starting from CP1.The CIS trys straight to capture your CP1.So the fight is hard at the Bridge.Thats the Reason i started from one of the other CPs, that was easier and faster for me, to get advantage over the CIS City CP s.

Well done Map,Xavious