New Harry Potter film, minus Harry Potter

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

New Harry Potter film, minus Harry Potter

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-576 ... rner-bros/

J.K. Rowling is bringing her world of wizardry back to the big screen -- but without Harry Potter.

Warner Bros. announced Thursday that Rowling will write the screenplay for a movie based on "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," her textbook about the magical universe she created in the Potter stories.

The story will focus on the book's fictitious author, Newt Scamander, and is anticipated to be the first in a series.

"Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world," Rowling said. "The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt's story will start in New York, 70 years before Harry's gets underway."

She added, "I always said that I would only revisit the wizarding world if I had an idea that I was really excited about and this is it."

Warner Bros. was behind the eight Harry Potter movies released between 2001 and 2011.

Since finishing penning the Potter books, Rowling has published two other novels -- "The Casual Vacancy" in 2012 and "The Cuckoo's Calling" (under the name Robert Galbraith) earlier this year.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: New Harry Potter film, minus Harry Potter

Post by Noobasaurus »

If it's simply an addon to the wizarding world, why do we need Harry Potter anyway? All he did was kill Voldemort and not learn a thing in school.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Cool, this could be a lot of fun.

@Noobasaurus;

Whoa, why the Harry Potter hate? And if you read the books you know he learned in school to pass his OWLS and NEWTS and all that good stuff.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

I'm not hating on Harry Potter; I'm just saying that he wasn't particularly awesome and I'm not sad to see him go. However, I wouldn't be angry or anything if he was in the new movie(s), but it's that I like variety sometimes. I forget when I watched the movies last anyway, so my words here may be a bit foggy.

And yes I have read the books, but I don't remember all that much.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Alright, fair enough.