The Dark Knight Rises

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Absolutely loved it. Incredible film. :)
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Perfection.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Enjoy the movie folks.

Also RIP 12 in Colorado died watching this movie last night. 50 injured :(
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I was super into it for like 99% of the movie, but then
Hidden/Spoiler:
WHERE IS IIIIIT? WHERE IS IIIIIIIIIIT? WAGHRAGAHAGRGAH!"
made me laugh and I lost focus.
Loved Hardy as Bane even though the theater was playing the movie way too loud and half of his lines sounded like Sean Connery with a megaphone inside a fishbowl on his head.

Also, at the end, the only thing I could think of was
Hidden/Spoiler:
"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

Fusion wrote: Also, at the end, the only thing I could think of was
Hidden/Spoiler:
"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
:funny2:
Hidden/Spoiler:
That is my favorite scene out of all Adam West Batman scenes.
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII

Post by AcaelusThorne »

Teancum wrote:I'm sure it's really well done, but Bane as a villain totally disinterests me.
I need to agree to this. A villain who is intelligent, incredible strong and good in fighting just doesn't fit to the superherovillian cliche anymore. Imo there is no character property that sticks out. Normally they are either verry clever but week or verry strong but not verry bright. Also they mostly have some kind of ability that makes them individual from the others. A intelligent wrestle guy with a mask comes of a little boring imo.
I will watch the film anyway because I liked The Dark Night (I loved the Joker) and to prove if I am correct. :)
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

It's nice to see a villain outside of the cliches. It makes you and the hero fear them more. Honestly that was one of the best movies and endings to a trilogy ever.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Went to the midnight show and found it thoroughly satisfying. Bane is a terrifying villain -- not only physically imposing but incredibly intelligent as well. Loved Catwoman, Anne Hathaway really nailed the role. Alfred's scenes were absolutely heart wrenching and I'm glad that...
Hidden/Spoiler:
the movie didn't end with him having "failed" the Waynes.

The whole movie kept me at the edge of my seat and for the first time I really cared about what happened to Batman. Such a great conclusion to not only the trilogy but the character as well.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

EraOfDesann wrote:Alfred's scenes were absolutely heart wrenching

Great. Thanks. Now I want to see this movie again. *sigh*

Seriously though, Michael Kane as Alfred is one of the reasons I love these movies. I think he does an amazing job and for once I actually gave a crap about the character. So I'm happy to hear he returns to do more of what I like.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

THEWULFMAN wrote: Great. Thanks. Now I want to see this movie again. *sigh*

Seriously though, Michael Kane as Alfred is one of the reasons I love these movies. I think he does an amazing job and for once I actually gave a crap about the character. So I'm happy to hear he returns to do more of what I like.
Since you enjoyed The Avengers, you'll probably enjoy this. It's by far the most "comic book" installment of the trilogy. Lots of action which, unlike The Avengers, carries some emotional weight to it.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I must say I did enjoy it, probably more than the other two in the series. Not sure whether or not I liked it more than Avengers or Spiderman but its just been a great summer for superheroes.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

What a fantastic movie. Something about Bane really clicked for me during his last scenes, especially the one outside of Blackgate. And honestly, I really liked ALL of the characters. I felt like they were all meaningful and relevant in their own way, something I felt was lacking in The Avengers. In The Avengers, although each character had different skills, it didn't feel like a finely-tuned class-based sort of team. It was like: everyone fights and fights and can fight. Also fighting is a skill. In here, it felt like a team where the characters had weaknesses, physically and otherwise, that the other characters could expand on and grow on in contrast. The interactions between Levitt, Bale, Hathaway, Oldman and Freeman felt like the interactions of a team. It felt great.

In general, I could see why some people might not like the movie. Some parts took me out of the film, and led to snide and sarcastic remarks amongst my friends. But in general, I thought it was a really fantastic film. Bane was an amazing villain, and his "revelation" near the end makes him much more interesting than the already interesting self-made brute of man he was before.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

I saw it last night. Going in to the movie, I hadn't seen the first two, which is too bad. I'm sure I missed a lot, but I'm not a movie buff whatsoever, so it doesn't bother me much.

The movie was great though. Aside from being a little confused in the first half hour (refer to my first couple sentences), I loved it. I walked out of the theatre smiling, haha. The characters were great, and I enjoyed the twist at the end.
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Republic Commando Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft

Post by Webster27 »

Definitely worth watching ! I saw it today and like a lot said, it didn't disappoint. Bane was something new, but somehow I still prefer The Joker. Sometimes the movie got a bit complicated, but I'll defenitely buy the DVD or blue ray to understand it all :D