Prometheus

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Prometheus

Post by Jendo7 »

Prometheus: June 8, 2012

Prometheus - Official FULL Trailer [HD]

Prometheus International Trailer - UK

Having sat through several awful Alien sequels apart from Aliens this has to be the most anticipated film of the year for me, and we finally get to the origins of the Space Jockey that is seen at the beginning of Alien:

Alien (1979) most strange scene in HD
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Prometheus

Post by EraOfDesann »

Alien is one of my all time favorite films so, needless to say, I'm beyond pumped for Prometheus.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I just saw this today in IMAX 3D. WOW, JUST...WOW, INCREDIBLE! :o Has anybody else seen this yet? L:{)
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

I think it's absolutely great that Ridley Scott has been able to regain control over his franchise that has gone completely off the wagon. Also, exploring the space jockey has always been something I wanted to see, so this movie excites me. Also, I saw an interview with Ridley where he said that the film was designed so that we could see sequels to it, that would eventually lead to alien. I absolutely love Ridley Scott's work, and will borrow some for sure in a future map.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I totally agree! |:D But beware, another Alien map might already be in production... ;O
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

I had no idea this was attached to Aliens. Even though I'm not a fan of the cheese of those films "Game over man!" this looks amazing.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

I never saw the original Aliens, or anything else in that franchise, but the trailer looked good, so I went to see it. I was very disappointed, not to mention a bit disgusted. I understand tentacles coming out of people's eyeballs and guys having their faces melted off are all respected parts of the Aliens tradition, but it's not my cup of tea. I'm a fan of science fiction, not horror.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

The original Alien (Aliens is the sequel - a great science fiction action movie, by the way) told a horror story in a science fiction setting. It's known more for being a horror movie than anything really. One would expect Prometheus to have a similar tone and style, considering it's coming from the same person who did only the original.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'm pretty much share the same opinion as Fiodis. My dad saw the original Alien in theaters with his dad, they hated it. I'm not a fan of it either. Since this feels like it is of the same stock as Alien, I won't trouble myself with seeing it. I can respect it on some levels, it's a well done sci-fi horror movie, I just don't like genre.

I'm more interested in Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Personally, I'd definitely say that Prometheus is more science-fiction thriller with horror elements as frosting on a cake, a cake meant just for wulf men. But really, it's more worth seeing than probably any other new movie right now. (Don't anybody dare say The Avengers; that was last month. :S)
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Watched it today, really disapointed, i thought it was an action movie, not a gore/horror one. I hate that type of movies. Although i loved the prometheus ship design.
willinator
Major
Major

Post by willinator »

It always amazes me about the level of detail in Ridley Scott's films. He, James Cameron, and Steven Spielberg all form a generation of incredible directors, who make products unlike any seen before, and constantly push the technology in films. In both Prometheus and Alien, almost every single technical detail on screen serves some purpose, and has a small backstory. Also, the casting was pretty decent, with Michael Fassbender giving an incredible performance as the android David. Overall I would rate it as a pretty good film. It isn't as innovative as the original Alien, but it's a lot better than most films. With that said, I saw it in the mindset of knowing that it was within the alien franchise, and expecting it to contain some sci-fi horror elements. If that genre is not your cup of tea, it's understandable that you didn't like it. Different people like different forms of movies, it's just human nature.

Also,
Hidden/Spoiler:
I got slight chills at seeing the Proto-Xenomorph burst out of the Engineer's chest :D , though I was dissapointed that it wasn't in the pilot chair that was seen in Alien :(
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Lephenix wrote:Watched it today, really disapointed, i thought it was an action movie, not a gore/horror one. I hate that type of movies. Although i loved the prometheus ship design.
Lol, you seriously expected an Alien prequel to be action and not sci-fi horror? :funny2:
willinator
Major
Major

Post by willinator »

Marth8880 wrote:Lol, you seriously expected an Alien prequel to be action and not sci-fi horror? :funny2:
Now, due to Prometheus' marketing campaign, Lephenix is not in the wrong here. The ads for Prometheus never directly associated it with Alien, it simply said that the Director directed Alien and Blade Runner. If Lephenix did no more investigation into the film than what was shown in the trailer, then it is a pretty decent assumption to make that it could be a sci-fi action film. In fact, the production team had a choice between making it an action film or a horror, with the action being rated PG-13 and the horror being rated R. 20th Century Fox and the production team decided to go with R to better fulfill Ridley's premise for the film.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Ah, yeah, I figured as much. :thumbs: Heh, the funny thing is I wasn't even entirely sure that it was Alien's prequel before I saw it, but I was totally expecting some horror either way. :o Also, to be honest, sci-fi horror is practically the only horror sub-genre I can bear to watch. :o