Loaded & Play

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Loaded & Play

Post by RevanSithLord »

[Forewarning before clicking link to our website. Some videos and articles may contain some language! Though we do try to keep things at PG-13 level.]
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm not sure if I told anyone here, but I help run a website with one of my friends. Relatively new starting out and a bit slow, yes, but people started out somewhere, right? Don't worry, we'll pick up more soon, definitely! I encourage all members of Gametoast to, at the very least, take one look!

The reason I am posting in the media forum is that we are a media centered site. I mean, why else would I post here?

http://www.loadedandplay.com is a site we run that informs people of new and local talent, and even talent around the world, and....really anything media. We recognize bands starting help get their talent recognized. But we're not just about bands...we also feature artists (though, bands are technically made up of some form of 'artists' if you look at it).

We have articles that range from music to film to photography, but that's not all! We will be featuring articles about video games as well, soon! And more!

But we're not just about articles either...we have videos as well (and there will be more to come!), and hopefully soon we will have some even more cool things for you to check out! You'll have to wait to find out on that, though! We're a site that loves the variety. We love art of any form and we appreciate and respect the artists responsible for fabulous works of...well...art! But we also love entertaining people.

We are an underground in the making for artists and other talent everywhere! We love the people and we love the creativity that hits this world...however, some creativity is not appreciated enough as it should be. Here at Gametoast, I know there are a few artists lurking around somewhere in the darkness...don't be afraid.

We hope to get people out there...into the world...and we hope to encourage the next generation of fabulous artists. In a time that is rough, we rise to answer the call of the ever so desperate artists who need a helping hand...as well as people who need information about the newest scenes in media!

For those who are interested, please visit our site and read our articles and watch our videos! And if you have something interesting you'd like shared or have anything that you'd like us to take a look at, please visit the contacts page for contact info about how to reach us and we will take a look. For those not interested, just pass this thread completely, but please mention to anyone who maybe even in the slightest interested in what we have to offer.

It is not guaranteed that we will feature everyone who asks us to check out their stuff, so please, no hard feelings, but I myself will try and get in an honorable mention somewhere.

Also, please, tell your friends!

We have a Facebook fan page and a Twitter page as well! Follow and like if you would like further information.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/loadedandplay

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Loadedand ... 0912500783

And tell me what you guys think, please! I've been here for a long time and other than my current SWBF2 map and real life issues, this is my main focus, and I'm really proud of the work I've accomplished!

[Admin: I hope this is not seen as ads or in poor taste, really, because I am not one to break the rules. I'm mainly posting it, because I do feel that it can relate to some people here. Musicians, artists, directors, you name it! Just a bit of something for everyone, ya know?]
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: Loaded & Play

Post by Fingerfood »

Interesting idea. I can't say that I find the stuff you're covering interesting myself, but I'm sure you'll get a few fans at least. Spread the word out, like you are, and you could get a nice little site and community going.

A few things; there are some places that could use some polish, mostly on the graphical side. Page elements that don't flow or blend that well, text that's a little too stylized (I do like the style you're going for with it, but in some spots it's a bit too stylish.) grammar in a few spots, etc. Some of it you may not be able to easily change as I see you are using Blogger, but other things might just need a closer look to get right.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Well, as I said, we're just starting out, really. Things will get more polished in time. As for the font and stuff, well...I'll have to talk with my friend about it. I'm just the editor, mainly. I've been covering the big articles. The grammar is, I'll admit, a bit poor on his side (no offense, buddy, if you read this. lol), but that's easily fixable, hence...I'm the editor...well, chief editor, since I also do videos. He made me an article editor just recently, however, because let's face it - grammar means a lot (or can mean a lot, but not necessarily all the time, but usually is the case when running a site like this.). I don't doubt my friend's abilities at all, because he's quite talented, but I, of course, don't mind helping him out.

Thank you for sharing your opinion on the site, though, and to each their own about what we're covering...even though we'll be covering practically everything media, but I guess we can go wrong somewhere with that. Can't appeal to everyone, I suppose. I respect your opinion and your honesty. Rest assured, it will become a bit more polished in due time. All I ask is that you give the link to people you know that might be interested?

As I said in my initial post, we don't only feature artists and stuff....we talk about pretty much everything. I'll be typing up my own articles soon as well and as mentioned, there will be stuff about video games as well. It may not be what everyone wants now, but this is why this place is still a work in progress....and really, probably will never stop being a work in progress. Heck, Facebook is still a work in progress. Most sites are, really. And they had to start out somewhere. FB probably isn't the best example, but you know.

You might not be interested in my friend's articles, but I'll type up an article that is hopefully interesting myself. That's the great thing about being a writer. Stuff one writes may not be interesting to a group of people, but may appeal to a different group. I guess, a bit of a selective audience, aye?

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Didn't mean to go on a tangent. Again, thanks for your thoughts, Fingerfood.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

It's great that there is a mobile version. I don't know if that's your doing or not, but that's awesome.
Like FF said, some design changes might not be a bad idea, although I only really noticed the header being strangely off-center and just ending at a certain area.
If you're ever short of material, I've got some artists I can share.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

I'll talk with my friend about centering the header image a little bit more.

And the mobile was all his work, but yeah.

As far as design changes goes...no worries. We'll make it all look a bit better and more polished a bit more down the line. As of right now, we're just trying to make everything functional and convenient. If there are things that aren't convenient or user-friendly, please PM me here or go to the contacts list on our site and send us a suggestion on what we can do to fix it.

Edit: We changed the template a bit on our site. Check it out and tell me if you guys dig it! :D

EDIT2
I realize that double-posting is generally frowned upon, but I have an update.

We just recently made another article! Be sure to check it out. If opinions differ, feel free to post here or on the comments section. Or you can tell us if you agree as well!

http://www.loadedandplay.com/2011/10/co ... under.html

After quite a bit of planning, we shifted into the realm of games, though this is not our first game article out there!

Feel free to suggest to us a game that you guys would like us to check out.

Be sure to check back here for further updates!

Also, please let us know what you think of the site changes since the first layout, thank you!