Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Favorite Harry Potter film?

Sorcerer's Stone
No votes
Chamber of Secrets
No votes
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
No votes
Order of the Phoenix
13%
Half-Blood Prince
No votes
Deathly Hallows Part I
No votes
Deathly Hallows Part II
63%

Total votes: 8
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II

Post by EraOfDesann »

Discuss!
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part II

Post by AQT »

Man, I still need to get around to reading The Deathly Hallows. The last time I ever read a Harry Potter book (the sixth one) was in 2005.

Anyway, I just recently watched part one of the The Deathly Hallows and found it to be my least favorite Harry Potter movie so far, but I'm sure part two will make up for it from the TV spots and trailers I've seen. My favorite movie in the series would have to be The Chamber of Secrets. I'm not a big fan of how dark (literally!) the later movies had gotten. The Order of the Phoenix gets a special mention for having the most out-of-style opening of all the Harry Potter movies. :lol:
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

AQT wrote:Man, I still need to get around to reading The Deathly Hallows. The last time I ever read a Harry Potter book (the sixth one) was in 2005.
Same here, actually. lol I'm gonna reread the whole serious before I read the 7th, though, so everything will be fresh in my mind. As far as the movies go, I might say the first one, just because I remember how excited I was when it came out. Maybe the second. I guess I only really paid attention up to the 3rd one (which might be my least favorite movie), because any time I see movies 4-7(p1) on, I can never tell which is which; they all just look the same. Very dark. I don't remember the books saying that the last time the sun came out was in Harry's 3rd year, I'm pretty sure they made that up.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Raptor I'm beginning to think we're the same person in a parallel universe. 3rd movie was my least favorite. They totally messed it up compared to the book. I felt they stuff pretty close to it in 1st and 2nd. So I stopped watching the films after 3. But started back up with 7.

Seeing the 2nd tonight.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

AQT wrote:Man, I still need to get around to reading The Deathly Hallows. The last time I ever read a Harry Potter book (the sixth one) was in 2005.
That. I really should read it some time, because I loved Harry Potter as a kid. People always seem shocked and appalled when I tell them this. :P I never really got into the movies, though. I haven't seen any since the second.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Eggman wrote:
That. I really should read it some time, because I loved Harry Potter as a kid. People always seem shocked and appalled when I tell them this. :P I never really got into the movies, though. I haven't seen any since the second.
You should try them again because the first two movies are generally considered the weakest. They get much better with the third one. That's when the series starts to mature and become less formulaic.

Anyway, I went to the midnight show for Part II last night and it was an excellent closing to the series. It wasn't a perfect adaptation but you can't go in with those sorts of expectations and the creative liberties that they took were, in my opinion, for the best.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

*sigh* I have not seen any. Only the second to last one. And I mainly like the series because of Emma Watson. 'nuff said 8)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

My favorites are 3 and 5, I think 4 and 7 are the weakest IMO. I will be seeing the new one soon.
Raptor522 wrote:Very dark. I don't remember the books saying that the last time the sun came out was in Harry's 3rd year, I'm pretty sure they made that up.
I concur. :plokoon:
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

I cried (manly cry >.>). Growing up with the books and characters and seeing it end was so weird, it still hasn't properly phased me. I have been following both the books and movies thoroughly and yeah, its just weird seeing it end. They did the finale justice, Alan Rickman was absolutely fantastic.

EDIT: I found my wand I bought when I was 11 or 12, ohgawd memories.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. Even as a stand alone movie. Just wow. My mind is blown.

Go. See. It.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I really liked it. At times certain ideas seemed rushed and underdeveloped for comedic effect or whatnot, and some of the better, more poignant moments of the last book were left out, but still, great movie. Although I feel like the feeling of hogwarts in the movie was much different from the books, which was unfortunate.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I liked it, perfect end for the series. It was great to see most of the old actors back and even better to see almost all of the old props as well (chess pieces in the storage room, sorting hat).

Oh, and this was unintentionally the funniest thing in the movie:
Hidden/Spoiler:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Fusion wrote:Oh, and this was unintentionally the funniest thing in the movie:
Hidden/Spoiler:

I am going to use that as an Epically Awkward Moment Meme. :lol:
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

One persons summary of the entire series:

<---- pasted from some website of an opinionated crazy person on the interweb ------->

An annoying ginger kid with a mostly rambling horrible accent puts on his glasses and wiggles his index finger and accidentally kills or tries to re-kill, over and over, an evil fella that he isn't allowed to say the name of, while his friends (everyone else) all say harry potter way too much and kiss his butt for something he did as a toddler.

Plot gaps are abound, mystery lurks only in the fact that the staff of the school seem to keep almost everything a secret until "harry" finds it, here is way too much teen love story combined with 99% of the things that have been in Dungeons & Dragons since 1970. I will enjoy the end, which I pray happens in 3D surround sound IMAX over and over for the entire "final" movie.

<----/end of insanity/---->
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

guru wrote:One persons summary of the entire series:

<---- pasted from some website of an opinionated crazy person on the interweb ------->

An annoying ginger kid with a mostly rambling horrible accent puts on his glasses and wiggles his index finger and accidentally kills or tries to re-kill, over and over, an evil fella that he isn't allowed to say the name of, while his friends (everyone else) all say harry potter way too much and kiss his butt for something he did as a toddler.

Plot gaps are abound, mystery lurks only in the fact that the staff of the school seem to keep almost everything a secret until "harry" finds it, here is way too much teen love story combined with 99% of the things that have been in Dungeons & Dragons since 1970. I will enjoy the end, which I pray happens in 3D surround sound IMAX over and over for the entire "final" movie.

<----/end of insanity/---->

I was trying to find a way to respond to that babble. I got nothing. Here is a picture of a cat.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

I have to confess, I haven't read any of the books and have only seen the first movie, and no matter what my sister or nephews say, it just doesn't appeal. I'm more of a Tolkien fan.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Fusion wrote:I liked it, perfect end for the series. It was great to see most of the old actors back and even better to see almost all of the old props as well (chess pieces in the storage room, sorting hat).

Oh, and this was unintentionally the funniest thing in the movie:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Actually, I think it was supposed to be funny. Voldemort has no idea how to naturally express any gesture of love. Fienes owned that scene.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

It was too awkward to not be intentional. It's very funny.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Hebes24 »

Gonna see it this coming weekend. Looking forward to it!

Also: EMMA WATSON.

That is all. :P
1FGR1NightGhost
Don't feed the troll (that's me)
Projects :: Bornesia Kastarian Docks
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2

Post by 1FGR1NightGhost »

i never realy did see any, im in like a (semi) super-tight Christian family (witchcraft = bad) so yah..

I like the second (i only saw the 1st and 2nd) probably cus it had a giant snake (the only thing i love more than blackops commandos and unseen forces in the night is snakes, theyre awsome! :thumbs: ) The first was dull and made no sense, and the videogame to the 3rd wa decent.

Quite ironic that i post on this topic, considering im writing a book that almost looks like the opposite of HP.... =|