Cars 2

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Cars 2

Post by Nova Hawk »

So has anyone gone to see Cars 2 yet? I know it just came out on Friday but I went to go see it with my family last night and it was pretty good. I've never seen the whole audience laugh so much in a movie before. I don't know how Pixar does it. They have so far not created a bad movie. I loved the first Cars and I loved the second equally as much if not more.

Your reviews?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Cars 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I am going to see it tomorrow for my birthday, I loved the first Cars so much, and from all the good things I have heard about it, I have high expectations. The first Cars is one of my favorite Pixar movies, it was better than Toy Story 1-3, Wall-E and UP.

I will post my review tomorrow.
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

I enjoyed it. I felt it was a major improvement from the original.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I disagree.

I feel like the first one was about character growth and maturity along with a message about maintaining Small Town America for its beauty and simplicity. Plus, the focus was on driving and racing, which is what cars do. Kinda like how Toy Story focuses on being a toy and Monsters Inc. focuses on being a monster.

Cars 2 felt a little over the top (but with a bit of Pixar humor thrown in). And the focus was less on driving and racing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie thoroughly. It just felt like it was a little much. Like they tried to do too much with a side-story, realized that they had A LOT of that side story, and decided to make it the main story instead.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Last night me and my dad went to see it, this is my review.

If I had to summarize it to one statement, I would just say, SEE IT. I thoroughly enjoyed the original Cars, and the sequel not only didnt disappoint, it exceeded my expectations.

When I first heard the concept behind Cars 2, I thought it was the dumbest thing, cars fighting with guns and spy cars, I thought, oh what crap, this is going to be cheesy as heck. I couldnt have been more wrong.

The amount of references to some of my favorite movies (The Sean Connery and Pearce Brosnan Bond movies) drew me in and didnt let go. Right from the bat I felt like I was watching a bond movie. Michael Keaton as the Aston Marten(the classic bond car) was fantastic, I loved it and about 5 minutes in, me and my dad(big classic bond fan) looked at me and he said "Well, this sure doesnt suck, this is awesome" and I agreed.

While Cars 1 focused on Lighting McQueen(voiced by a great actor Owen Wilson), and focused on the evolution of Lightnings character as he bettered himself, Cars 2 focuses on his best friend Mator (voiced by the occasionally annoying Larry the cable guy), and I, like the concept of the spy story, thought this was going to be stupid and suck. Again, I was wrong. I was surprised how much I was drawn into the story and characters in this movie, there was never a bad moment to me or my dad.

Toy Story 3 to me, was all right, but I dont think it was as good as people say, I almost never chuckled while watching it and I didnt laugh one time. Cars 2 had a couple dark moments, but these were minimal and were appropriate, and the comedy wasn't full of fart jokes. I actually was able to feel a sense of tension, which I dont much while watching a lot of movie nowadays.

A lot of people say this movie is only for boys 7 and under. I think they are very wrong. Yes, 70% of the audience was kids, but the adults enjoyed it as well, I agree with Nova, I have never seen an audience laugh so much. And I dont see my dad laugh that much while watching most modern movies. The story I felt was well thought out, modern, and executed very well.

In Cars 1, there was some racing, but most of the movie was about the character development of Lightning, and not as much racing. In Cars 2, they did a great job on the racing, there was more of it and it was slightly better done(it was still great in Cars 1). The sound editing and mixing was superb, all the engines had the accurate sounds, and the thrum of Lightnings engine is awesome in the theater.

Then there was the Art direction, Pixar never disappoints. I cant describe how well they did recreating Italy and Paris. Tokyo and London were also superbly done, just Paris and Italy stood out to me. London may have been the weakest of the locals, but thats like saying the fellowship of the ring was the weakest of the LOTR movies, its still awesome.

I cant really say which Cars was better, the original or sequel, mainly because they were so different. I love them both, but I think Cars 2 may have been better, but I cant really say. I think Cars and Cars 2 are my favorite Pixar movies for sure though.

Bottom line, this is a Theater movie, see it on the big screen, trust me, it makes a big difference.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

I really like cars although I don't think it's one of Pixar's best, so I'll probably wait for the DVD release. What I'd like to see more though is The Incredibles getting a sequel. The possibiliteis are endless.
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Karnage »

I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed with Cars 2.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Pixar like the rest of the world. I wasn't incredibly sold on Cars 1, but it wasn't a bad movie in any way. I'd watch it again.

Cars 2, however, felt extremely rushed. I honestly didn't really think it was necessary for Pixar to make a second Cars movie and I think Cars 2 shows it. The storyline seemed like it was just bam bam bam. Get it all out there fast and in a condensed amount of time. I found myself not really caring at all.

There were some funny parts throughout the movie. This is Pixar we're talking about, of course there are going to be funny parts. But I felt like I chuckled slightly more than I really laughed hard.

All that to say, if you like Pixar and you really loved Cars, go see Cars 2. You'll probably enjoy it. If you only thought Cars was okay, I wouldn't spend money to see Cars 2. Wait till it comes out on DVD.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Karnage wrote:This is Pixar we're talking about, of course there are going to be funny parts.
Off-Topic:

I wonder what it would be like if Pixar made a rated-R film?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Karnage wrote:I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed with Cars 2.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Pixar like the rest of the world. I wasn't incredibly sold on Cars 1, but it wasn't a bad movie in any way. I'd watch it again.

Cars 2, however, felt extremely rushed. I honestly didn't really think it was necessary for Pixar to make a second Cars movie and I think Cars 2 shows it. The storyline seemed like it was just bam bam bam. Get it all out there fast and in a condensed amount of time. I found myself not really caring at all.

There were some funny parts throughout the movie. This is Pixar we're talking about, of course there are going to be funny parts. But I felt like I chuckled slightly more than I really laughed hard.

All that to say, if you like Pixar and you really loved Cars, go see Cars 2. You'll probably enjoy it. If you only thought Cars was okay, I wouldn't spend money to see Cars 2. Wait till it comes out on DVD.
I absolutely agree. To be entirely honest, I thought cars 2 is one of Pixar's worst films. It was enjoyable, and I chuckled at the spy references and the car references, but I left disappointed. It just felt rushed and shallow.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RogueKnight »

I saw it with my girlfriend about a week ago, and I feel that it was a fantastic movie, the only thing it lacked was the heart and emotion that the first movie had. :)