TRON: Legacy

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

TRON: Legacy

Post by Nova Hawk »

I went to go see TRON last night with me, my brother, and my cousin and we all thought it was amazing. Really good movie and not to mention the soundtrack was pretty epic as well. If you have not seen this move yet, then I would recommend you go see it.
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: TRON: Legacy

Post by ShadowWing »

I saw it too. It had very good special effects.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Not seen it yet. I heard the plot is mediocre, but I'm not in it for story. It's a movie about a metafictional video game, and since I'm never in video games for story, why should I go into a movie about one for it?
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

Woot! Daft Punk soundtrack. Its not metafictional, its real. You die for real, or so my friend told me.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

I thoroughly enjoyed the first tron and plan on seeing the new one on jan 1st. I heard its suffering from avatar syndrome, being enjoyable mainly for its stunning visuals, but not much else.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Well, in my opinion, it's one of those movies that was made by grabbing some random franchise from the past and shoving it into the Clichéd Movie Making Machine (tm). To be fair, the plot does seem to resemble something slightly coherent, perhaps the movie had a decent script at some point, but the resulting version has been reduced to some sort of Matrix-wannabe.

The movie does look good, but I guess that's pretty much standard nowadays; I saw it in 3D and the effects aren't as tri-dimensional as I expected them to be, sometimes I would take off my 3D glasses and stare at the screen, hoping to notice any difference, but the movie was just as flat as it was a moment before.

The funniest part is that, while there, I saw a promo for the Smurfs' 3D movie in the lobby, that's hilariously depressing, people don't even care about the Smurfs nowadays... like... at all, it seems to me that these movie studios are really desperate to find franchises to turn into pointless movie adaptions, but oh well, that's why I don't go to the theaters anymore.

Stay tuned, TETRIS: The Movie is coming soon...
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

SBF_Dann_Boeing wrote:I heard its suffering from avatar syndrome, being enjoyable mainly for its stunning visuals, but not much else.
This is indeed the case. Though, honestly, is anyone surprised by that? I know that's exactly what I was expecting for it. I didn't have any trouble understanding the plot, it just wasn't anything special.
Darth_Squishywhatever wrote:Not seen it yet. I heard the plot is mediocre, but I'm not in it for story. It's a movie about a metafictional video game, and since I'm never in video games for story, why should I go into a movie about one for it?
Because it has awesome CG (albeit few 3D) effects? I'm not really sure why people always think movies that clearly focus on visuals are gonna have equally thought out stories, that's rarely the case. Gaming is a similar story, I guess. I think the movie industry needs a Mass Effect 2, if you know what I mean.

Random, but I gotta ask, did anyone else think Quorra was totally hot? I know I did. Just throwing that out there.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Raptor522 wrote:I think the movie industry needs a Mass Effect 2, if you know what I mean.
A Mass Effect film would probably be just as lame as any other movie based on a game, but yeah, a movie with the same production value as Mass Effect 2 would be cool.
Raptor522 wrote:Random, but I gotta ask, did anyone else think Quorra was totally hot? I know I did. Just throwing that out there.
Interestingly, I think the character herself is more attractive than the actress who plays the role (which would be Olivia Wilde). Quorra reminds me of that girl from Mirror's Edge.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Nihillo wrote:
Raptor522 wrote:I think the movie industry needs a Mass Effect 2, if you know what I mean.
A Mass Effect film would probably be just as lame as any other movie based on a game, but yeah, a movie with the same production value as Mass Effect 2 would be cool.
I've heard they are working on a ME film, actually. They may as well just concentrate on making the effects awesome, though. There's absolutely no way any 2-hour movie could come anywhere near the epicness of the games. That movie would have to last like all day. XD
Nihillo wrote:
Raptor522 wrote:Random, but I gotta ask, did anyone else think Quorra was totally hot? I know I did. Just throwing that out there.
Interestingly, I think the character herself is more attractive than the actress who plays the role (which would be Olivia Wilde). Quorra reminds me of that girl from Mirror's Edge.
Hm, I had to look her up, and I agree, the character is much more attractive than the actress. Probably has something to do with my fondness of the movie's overall style. And, holy crap, she does remind me of Faith (from Mirror's Edge)! That's probably why she looked familiar to me. I assumed it was just from seeing her on the commercials. lol
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Nihillo"]The funniest part is that, while there, I saw a promo for the Smurfs' 3D movie in the lobby, that's hilariously depressing, people don't even care about the Smurfs nowadays... like... at all, it seems to me that these movie studios are really desperate to find franchises to turn into pointless movie adaptions, but oh well, that's why I don't go to the theaters anymore.
[/quote]
I hate you for reminding me that existed. Worst of all, like many other movies based on TV shows, it's going to be about some guy who's in love with some girl he can't have while the cartoon characters are demoted to extras. Besides, The Smurfs bored me to death, even as a kid.

You can either watch a movie based on a forgettably lame cartoon:

Or a movie about Johnny Depp:

If you're anything like me, you'll pick the latter.

Well, Avatar syndrome or not, at least TRON won't beat me over the head with some luddite anti-military message.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:I hate you for reminding me that existed. Worst of all, like many other movies based on TV shows, it's going to be about some guy who's in love with some girl he can't have while the cartoon characters are demoted to extras.
Pretty much, just like Transformers.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

**Moved to correct forum**