Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Moonbase11
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Map Crashing Help

Post by Moonbase11 »

Hello, i recently download Battlefront 2 off of steam and downloaded the Conversion pack 2.0, along with the Conversion Patch 2.2 and Unofficial patch 1.3. (Patch 1.1 was already installed with the game.) Everything was installed correctly and all of the appropriate game modes and maps appear, but many of the maps crash on the loading screen. (Mainly the Battlefront 1 maps.) I am having no trouble using the KoTOR faction or the new units, only the crashing of the new maps. I have tried reinstalling the game and redownloading the mods, but i still have the same issue. I am using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on some of the stock maps, the new units do not show up. I am now sure if this is intentional or not. If it is not then this is another problem i am facing. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Map Crashing Help

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

The maps that crash, are they first on the list? As in, do you go into Instant Action, click on a map, hit Launch, and then it crashes during that load screen? Or do you play one or two other maps before getting to one that crashes?

Also, I do believe that stock maps will always have stock sides for stock gamemodes. It's been a while since I've played, but that's what I remember.
Moonbase11

Post by Moonbase11 »

Yes, I am referring to the maps in Instant Action. The first map seems to work consistently but often the mod-added maps will crash if they are further in the rotation. I recall reading something somewhere stating that the modded maps have a tendency to crash if not first in the rotation. This may be the problem i am facing.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Yes, that is the case, and unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it aside from playing 1 map at a time...
Moonbase11

Post by Moonbase11 »

Okay, well at least i installed everything correctly then. Thanks for the clarification!
Spark

Post by Spark »

I might hijack this thread to ask about another crashing issue. On certain maps (namely Naboo Plains) whenever I select 'Classic Conquest' mode the game crashes during the loading screen. Any solution to this?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Again, make sure it is the first map in the rotation before playing.
If it still crashes, try messing around with your video settings. It's unlikely, but the machine you're using might have some issues handling that map with those units, specifically.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything. Not much I can do with a bug report of "it crashes..." Sorry.