Moderator: Moderators

chubber
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How To Remove certain maps?

Post by chubber »

I have the convo pack, dark times 2, and bfx installed, and I'm over my mission count. I really don't want to have to remove certain mods, so I was wondering if it was possible for me to remove maps that I never play and that don't even work for me. Such maps are Concord Dawn, Haruun Kal, Alderaan, Kashyyyk Docks, Raxus Prime, and Naboo Prototype. I went to my SWBF2 addons folder, went to the Convo pack folder (I'm assuming it's the one titled BF1) and clicked on it. Inside were a bunch of folders that I assume were the maps, but I could not decipher the names. So could somebody please:

1. Confirm that the area: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\BF1\data\_LVL_PC is where the maps are.

2. What are maps that I mentioned above called in that folder?

Thx in advance!
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: How To Remove certain maps?

Post by Ping »

You can't remove any maps from the Convo Pack that way. If you want to reduce the mission count, download the 2.2 patch for the Convo Pack. It also adds stability for maps.

Another solution: just make a folder called "inactive" or "addonbackup" or whatever you want, and put mods in there you don't play at the moment.
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

I knew you could make another folder it's just that I'm the type of person who adds in practically every map in the game and has this huge marathon so it wouldn't be good for me to remove any mods. And you mentioned that "you can't remove maps that way, so how do I do it, if there is another way? Is the mission limit set in stone, or can it be increased?

P.S. Thanks for replying so soon. :D
Last edited by chubber on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

When I say it can't be done that way and don't give another method on how to do it, it means it's impossible.

Also, saying you won't "add another folder because I'm not that type of person" is, frankly, a lame excuse. You want this be quick, clean, and easy, then I suggest you add in the spare folder.
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

Well fine then. No need to get angry :x . I suppose that means you're not going to "help" me anymore?

And what if I don't care if it's :quotes: quick, clean, and easy? :quotes:
Last edited by chubber on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

chubber wrote:And what if I don't care if it's :quotes: quick, clean, and easy? :quotes:
You are then of course welcome to live with the consequences of not removing maps from your addon folder, i.e. maps not working. As he said, there is no other way - you can't pick and choose parts of mods you do or do not want.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Did you install the Convo Pack 2.2 patch? cuz I've got the Convo Pack, BFX, DT1, and another era mod my friend made on one of my computers and it works just fine.
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

Did you install the Convo Pack 2.2 patch? cuz I've got the Convo Pack, BFX, DT1, and another era mod my friend made on one of my computers and it works just fine.
Thanks for giving some help. I'm pretty sure I did install the patch, but I have DT 2 installed. Also, is every modder this hostile towards simple questions?

Also, could somebody please answer my second question in my second rebuttal to Ping, about increasing mission limit?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

chubber wrote:Also, is every modder this hostile towards simple question
Depends on the question.

As Mav' mentioned above, you can keep as many maps as you want in your addon folder, but be prepared that maps will lose stability/not work at all. Simple as that.

As for your other question, removing components of the Conversion Pack is not recommended. You're free to do whatever you want, no one here can/will stop you.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

chubber wrote: Also, could somebody please answer my second question in my second rebuttal to Ping, about increasing mission limit?
Increasing that is impossible. Period. End of argument. You can't have a rebuttal if something is most definitely and proven to be impossible.
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

I ask questions. Ready for another one? :P Why is the mission limit impossible to increase? There. It's out there. Can you please tell me why, because I will not be satisfied until all leads and possible solutions are either implemented or erased.

**Content edited ** --Staff

EDIT: Oops. This post used to say something about my background. Am I not allowed to mention the country I am from? The staff removed that part of this message, then locked the forum. I am thoroughly confuzzled.
Last edited by chubber on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

so where are your possible leads or solution? :P
the missionlimit is hardcoded, which means you cant change it if you dont hack/edit the .exe file which is illegal and i dont think anybody here would be capable of doing that
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

Thank you. That's what I needed to know.

So, this leads me to another question. Can I start up battlefront with only 2 mods, play with those two, minimize battlefront and switch out the mods, while keeping the game running?

Also, can I remove like, all CTF mods, because I never play those and they bore me to death.

And what are the effects of being over the mission limit. Are the effects amplified the further over the limit I become? How many missions is the stock SWBF2 shipped with? Am I asking enough questions? Should I ask more? :D
Last edited by chubber on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

no, you cant because the mods are loaded when battlefront starts, it wont matter if you add any other mods then (it doesnt work the other way around though, if you remove them after youve started battlefront you wont be able to play them), they will be loaded when you start battlefront next time
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Nah, some folks just feel like biting newcomers :lol:

Truthfully though Maveritchell and I are too busy at the moment to update the Convo Pack (not saying we ever will). If we do we will be removing some of the maps and releasing them separately for users, and we'll also be removing a few modes on a few maps so you can have more mods installed. Honestly I'm pretty sure Mav is tired of large-scale mods, so if it gets updated it'll probably be by me. Again, I make no promises that we ever will, but *IF* we ever do, it'll be to trim down the size of the pack.
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

Thanks, that was probably the most helpful answer to my question. Well, not exactly an answer, but close enough. How long 'til I'm not a newcomer? :?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

No set time really, just once you get settled in. Make posts, have fun, be part of the community and you'll fit right in.

**Removed some back and forth banter. Back on topic...** --Staff
chubber
Private

Post by chubber »

**Removed some back and forth banter. Back on topic...** --Staff
Wow. I didn't know staff could edit other staff. But, I will restate my final (for now) question about this topic:

1.Can I remove certain missions such as CTF and XL?

P.S. Is there a way to figure out which staff member severely edited this topic and its replies and locked it?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

chubber wrote:1.Can I remove certain missions such as CTF and XL?
Unless you have the Conversion Pack's source files, then no.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

First question - no. Only Maveritchell and I have the source files to do so.

Second question - no. Only staff knows who edited what, and we don't tell anyone each others actions since we support other staff's actions (and don't want staff/members to start a fight).