Moderator: Moderators

chubber
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: How To Remove certain maps?

Post by chubber »

All right, but what about the original maps, can I remove the CTF modes for them?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

yes, if you use the modtools to munge a new addme.lvl with the ctf-related lines removed for every shipped map with ctf
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

chubber wrote:All right, but what about the original maps, can I remove the CTF modes for them?
Once again you would need the source files. If you're not interested in having all the extras I suggest using Marvel4's individual maps. He's converted six already, and is working on a seventh.

CLICK ME
chubber
Private
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by chubber »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:yes, if you use the modtools to munge a new addme.lvl with the ctf-related lines removed for every shipped map with ctf
Is there a tutorial on how to do that type of thing somewhere? I really have no idea how to do that :oops:

Also, I'm trying to do the math here. Doesn't the convo pack add around 300 missions. Dark times 2, rising son has 105, and the original Dark Times had 40. That should come to about 445, plus, however many the game is shipped with (could somebody tell me how much that is) and all that seems to come to around 517. But the thing is I also have BFX. Does that add missions at all? I don't belive it does, but it might...
Last edited by chubber on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Nope. To be honest there's really no way to do it -- what D.U.C.K. explained would still require you to know everything that was in the script originally. You're better off just making do with moving it in and out of the /addon folder as needed.

Again, not to be overly direct, but it can't be done. Given that this question has been answered, I'll keep it locked this time around. No offense, but it's been said in no uncertain terms that it can't be done. Let's leave it be.