Problem with era and modes [Solved]

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Problem with era and modes [Solved]

Post by JMAN »

In the instant action section under modes and eras. Instead of it showing the correct name under era (for example -KotOR) it shows common.era.k and its the same thing under the modes section (for example -Assualt) it shows modename.name.hero-assualt. Thanks for any help.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Problem with era and modes

Post by Maveritchell »

Do you have Battlefront's 1.1 patch?
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

Yes, it came already installed on the steam version.

On a side note these eras and modes do work, however the names are not what they should be.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Have you installed the Conversion Pack's 2.2 patch?
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

I did install the 2.2 patch, however the patch.lvl & patch2.lvl were not in the “Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\BF1\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE” section so i manually placed them there. Tried going back to instant action but the names are still wrong. Maybe I extracted it to the wrong folder?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

JMAN wrote:I did install the 2.2 patch, however the patch.lvl & patch2.lvl were not in the “Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\BF1\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE” section so i manually placed them there. Tried going back to instant action but the names are still wrong. Maybe I extracted it to the wrong folder?
Yes, you probably did. When I asked (in the documentation you refer to) if you had patch.lvl and patch2.lvl in that place, that wasn't to indicate that those were the only files you needed there - those are just some of the files that need to be in a specific place, but if they are correct after install, the rest will be. Simply moving those two files won't help at all, in fact.

Go ahead and install the patch to your desktop, and you should get either a "GameData" folder on your desktop or an "addon" folder. Merge that folder with the corresponding folder in your SWBF2 directory (and allow to overwrite).
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

Ok well I tried installing it to my desktop but would'nt let me, it will only let me extract it to local Disk C, HP recovery, and DVD RW Drive. Although, I tried making the folder again anyways and it shows up as "gamedata" so i merged it with my gamedata folder in swbf2/gamadata. However the files that I listed above (patch1&2.lvl) are still not in the folder I listed above also.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

If they do not end up there when you merge your folders, where do they end up?
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

Well let me ask you this is patch1&2.lvl suppost to be in "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\BF1\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE" and or in "Star Wars Battlefront 2/gamedata/gamedata/addon/BF1/data_LVL_PC/SIDE" it obviously shows up in the last one I listed along with "tur.lvl" So maybe it's not the 2.2 patch i'm not sure. And sorry if i'm overcomplicating this, I just didn't see anyone else really having this problem I tried and looked but it seems as if few people get this problem so I must just be missing a small issue..
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

JMAN wrote:Well let me ask you this is patch1&2.lvl suppost to be in "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\BF1\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE" and or in "Star Wars Battlefront 2/gamedata/gamedata/addon/BF1/data_LVL_PC/SIDE" it obviously shows up in the last one I listed along with "tur.lvl" So maybe it's not the 2.2 patch i'm not sure. And sorry if i'm overcomplicating this, I just didn't see anyone else really having this problem I tried and looked but it seems as if few people get this problem so I must just be missing a small issue..
The former is where it should show up, not the latter. You should merge your GameData folders, not put the second gamedata into the first. This means that you should drop the extracted GameData folder into the "Star Wars Battlefront II" folder and allow them to "overwrite files." By default, the patch is set to extract to "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData," but there was clearly a directory issue it had with yours.

The directory should not have two "GameData" folders.
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

Ok let me show you what my swbf2 folder looks like:
Steamapps/common/swbf2/gamedata/

and in this gamedata folder includes:
1.) addon
2.) backups
3.) Conversion Pack Documentation
4.) Data
5.) Gamedata (maybe this folder is unneccesary?)
6.) savegames
7.) All the other non folder applications

So when i'm asked to extract to a specific folder which should I use?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Like I said, there should not be two "GameData" folders. When you are prompted to extract (by the patch's installer), choose the "Steamapps/common/swbf2/gamedata" directory.
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

Ok I deleted the gamedata folder so then I extracted to the exact spot you told me and now theres the "gamedata" folder and in it includes: addon, conpack2.2changes, & data. So I think what i'm not understanding is when you say you want me to merge this folder (that i just extracted) you want me to place it in steamapps/common/swbf2? and when it asks me if I want to merge I simply say yes?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Yes. It needs to overwrite some of the files in that directory (more accurately in a subdirectory) related to the Conversion Pack.
JMAN
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by JMAN »

Great got it fixed, thanks for your help! :)