Convo Pack woes (Vista 64-bit)

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Convo Pack woes (Vista 64-bit)

Post by Fingerfood »

As some of you may know, Service Pack 2 for Vista came out recently. It (supposedly) fixes many compatibility issues with Vista, so I tried it on BF2, and sure enough, I'm back to playing BF2. Seeing as I missed a lot of stuff (Mods, maps, etc.) I figured I'd start with the Convo Pack. I just installed 2.0, and judging by my calculation, a lot of stuff either isn't there or doesn't work.

So... what you ask? I may be a bit shabby concerning BF2, but:

-FC Mod / v1.3(?) patch doesn't appear to be there (I'm pretty sure it's messed up, as 64-bit has a different directory for BF2, and I recall Zerted asking me about usual locations for BF2)
-KotOR Era doesn't appear to be on any maps
-Lots of modes are missing (Unless they're labeled as the default modes but are different ingame)
-Doesn't appear to be 25 new maps (Maybe 10-20)

So, there's a lot missing. Again, this is for Convo Pack 2.0 and the 2.2 patch could fix some of these, but I'm betting they're problems with 64-bit's files structure.

EDIT:
After looking at the list of changes for v2.2, it doesn't seem any of these were fixed, so I'm guessing they all have to do with 64-bit.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Convo Pack woes (Vista 64-bit)

Post by Frisbeetarian »

I have never had any problems with my computer being 64-bit. Install the 2.2 patch before seeking more help.
Faceman2000
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: If the words above my head says, "offline", than I'm not here.

Post by Faceman2000 »

I had a similiar problem when I first installedthe Convo Pack on my cuz's Vista. Turned out the Fake Console wasn't installing properly because the I didn't have the security to edit the folders it was meant to install in. If it's the same problem, manually change the security settings on the folder. However, I don't know why you're missing maps.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Yeah, you have to change your security options in your GameData folder (heck, I just went with my whole LucasArts folder) so that everything has full access to change it: CREATOR OWNER, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users, and Trusted Installer. I don't think you can actually change any options in CREATOR OWNER, though...