Does the Conversion Pack Work with Winows 7 RC?

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Thunderforge
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Does the Conversion Pack Work with Winows 7 RC?

Post by Thunderforge »

I decided to download and install the Windows 7 Release Candidate beta. Fortunately, all the games I've tried so far, including Battlefront II, have worked just fine.

However, I'm having some trouble with the Conversion Pack. I downloaded and installed version 2.0 (with the intention of patching it to 2.2), and gave it a test run to make sure it installed right. The problem is that all of the new maps are in, but the new modes aren't. So I can play maps like Cloud City: Platforms, but can't play Hero Assault CTF or Order 66 or anything.

I tried the installer two ways: first I tried just letting it do its thing and installing where it wanted to. That caused the problem I stated above, so I uninstalled BF II, emptied out the folder where it was installed, then installed BF II again, patched it to 1.1, then ran the Conversion Pack installer again. This time, I saved it to a folder on the desktop and used the instructions to install it manually. Unfortunately, this caused the same problem.

Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening? Is it possible that the installer isn't compatible with Windows 7 RC and that's why I'm having issues? Has anybody else experimented with this and Windows 7 RC?
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Does the Conversion Pack Work with Winows 7 RC?

Post by Frisbeetarian »

The problem, it seems, is that the 1.3 patch is not installing correctly. Are the updated sides appearing, or did those not install either?

First, get the 2.2 patch for the SWBF1 Conversion Pack, install that, and see if everything works. If you still can't see the extra modes, download the 1.3 patch (full or lite depending on your answer to the question above) and see if you can manually install that.
Thunderforge
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Does the Conversion Pack Work with Winows 7 RC?

Post by Thunderforge »

Thank you very much. Turns out that running the 2.2 patch fixed the problem. I just played a great game of Hero CTF in KOTOR. Also, the 1.3 patch seems to have worked alright. At least the new interface is there.

Also, it doesn't seem like the Vista issue with the installer still exists with Windows 7. I didn't bother to extract to the desktop and it worked alright. Maybe that's just the way that I had things set up, but at least I didn't have any problems with it.

Well, I'm glad to see that Battlefront II, and the Conversion Pack, will still work with the next generation of Windows.