Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Wishlist of tweaks/updates

Post by Teancum »

DISCLAIMER: I realize that I have mentioned many times that I was going to retire from SWBF2 Modding, and I'm not 100% saying I'm making some sort of bold comeback. This is merely a list of my thoughts should I want to further tweak the Convo Pack after 2.1. Mav did an excellent job, and hopefully I don't step on his toes, but in the end this pack is my baby, and I want to always do my best to make it better.

That being said, I know Mav has a desire to move wholly to Battlefront: Unleashed, which is going to rock sooooo much. So pending a discussion between us I might return to further tweak and update the Convo Pack. No huge life-altering updates, just things to make gameplay a better experience, and to hopefully fulfill my wishlist I originally had.

Okay, so on with the wishlist:
  • Dash Rendar --- Gogie was working on him, but I haven't heard from him in ages. This one is near the top of my "gotta have" list
  • SWBF1 Colors for teams (for Classic Conquest)
  • SWBF1-esque HUD --- it wouldn't be 100% exactly like the original as there are new things that need to go in the HUD, but as close as possible
  • Forced prone for Recon and units, replacing crouch
  • Prone for SWBF1 units, replacing sprint
  • THIS Ep II/III Anakin
  • THIS Ep III Obi-Wan
  • Additional planets for Galactic Conquest in all eras. Yes, this would break Gal Con's online compatibility (is it even playable online?) but would really flesh out the experience more
  • Activation of the Sensor Array bonus for all Gal Con modes
  • Inclusion of KotOR Gal Con

Now I realize that some of these are more 1.3 Patch things, and others may not be doable. But that being said this is my own personal wishlist. Some of these things I would really like to take the time to do (again, pending discussion from Mav).
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Wishlist of tweaks/updates

Post by Ping »

Wow, those things look great. I hope they'll be added to the Convo Pack. BTW, can we also post our personal wish lists, or can we not?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

If you want to do some of this, it's fine by me. These would be the stipulations, though:

1) 2.1 Patch is released as-is (more or less, just tweaks that have been mentioned). It'll be strictly a "remove-the-bugs" patch. This isn't unreasonable, right, since it looks like custom CP colors for Classic Con is far away if possible at all.
2) A small paradigm shift - you'll have my support and my resources (scripts etc), but you'll have to do the legwork setting things up (e.g. new Galactic Conquests - note that you can only have one custom Galactic Conquest at the same time at the moment, which is why I think it's wise to keep these things as separate downloads).
3) I'd need updates from you so that I could continue to update the ModDB page. News reports are important and we have several people following the Pack there too.

Don't neglect to realize that when you started to turn the Pack over to me (what, a year, year and a half? ago), I made it my baby, too. I put a lot of man-hours into this that I couldn't have done just fixing "someone else's project." Don't assume that I love it less just because it's adopted. :lol:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

I could import the Obi and Ani for you... I could also give Dash a go, if you want.. Unless you want to wait for Gogie ofcourse :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Maveritchell wrote:If you want to do some of this, it's fine by me. These would be the stipulations, though:

1) 2.1 Patch is released as-is (more or less, just tweaks that have been mentioned). It'll be strictly a "remove-the-bugs" patch. This isn't unreasonable, right, since it looks like custom CP colors for Classic Con is far away if possible at all.
2) A small paradigm shift - you'll have my support and my resources (scripts etc), but you'll have to do the legwork setting things up (e.g. new Galactic Conquests - note that you can only have one custom Galactic Conquest at the same time at the moment, which is why I think it's wise to keep these things as separate downloads).
3) I'd need updates from you so that I could continue to update the ModDB page. News reports are important and we have several people following the Pack there too.

Don't neglect to realize that when you started to turn the Pack over to me (what, a year, year and a half? ago), I made it my baby, too. I put a lot of man-hours into this that I couldn't have done just fixing "someone else's project." Don't assume that I love it less just because it's adopted. :lol:
I'm totally cool with those terms. Let me spend some time actually back in the trenches doing some concept work for the updates, then we'll talk 2.2. Oh, and I didn't mean any offense by not mentioning it was your baby too.

Wait, does that mean we have a baby together? That's really weird and my wife will NOT be happy. :funny2:
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Teancum wrote:Wait, does that mean we have a baby together? That's really weird and my wife will NOT be happy.
lol, no, your wife will definitely not be happy lol. I was also going to suggest you convert the maps you mentioned that were cut from the convo pack (such as Majin's Myrkr, Porch Wookiee's Beachhead), but then I remembered how hard it is to make maps! Stupid me. :oops:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Teancum wrote:Wait, does that mean we have a baby together? That's really weird and my wife will NOT be happy. :funny2:
I technically do not even think this is legal outside of the state of Massachusetts. Maybe it's better that I'm giving the baby back.

Mmm baby back. (Hums Chili's theme)

Let's make sure that whatever happens we don't add any new mission scripts. I think it's pretty feasible to work within the maps we have now, we can definitely flesh out some new heroes by simply replacing old ones.

And yes you could recompile the 1.3 sides, that might be for the best since the 1.3 sides had some errors that the 1.2 sides did not (like missing cubemap for the stormtrooper).
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by obiboba3po »

so far it looks great :) personally, i have always kinda wanted a rocketeer and engineer units in kotor era, if that's probable/wantable
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

obiboba3po wrote:so far it looks great :) personally, i have always kinda wanted a rocketeer and engineer units in kotor era, if that's probable/wantable
Hmm and what is funny is that this will never happen. KotOR did not have those kind of weapons.
k'kruhk
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by k'kruhk »

If you could just replace heroes on maps with both conquest and uber, or something like that, having different heroes for each plausible game mode, then you wouldn't have to necessarily get rid of any. I know its not a popular opinion, but heroes are one of the more important aspects of the game for me (having a wide variety), which is why I fell in love with the convo pack in the first place.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

That would be cool to have the prone ability back up. But what do you mean by additional planets in Galactic Conquest? Like planets that have already been made for the pack or just whole new ones?
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

Maveritchell wrote:
obiboba3po wrote:so far it looks great :) personally, i have always kinda wanted a rocketeer and engineer units in kotor era, if that's probable/wantable
Hmm and what is funny is that this will never happen. KotOR did not have those kind of weapons.
yea i figured that (and obviously theres none in the game)
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Yeah, I'm not so sure about teh Anakin, but the Obi-Wan has been converted and released by Darth Z, although it's in .xsi format. And I actually think that if it were made a little more high-def, the BFII anakin model could look better than that one, simply because something on that one realllllllllly bugs me.
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Yeah, I'm not so sure about teh Anakin, but the Obi-Wan has been converted and released by Darth Z, although it's in .xsi format. And I actually think that if it were made a little more high-def, the BFII anakin model could look better than that one, simply because something on that one realllllllllly bugs me.
same. he looks a bit too cartoony
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Maveritchell wrote:Let's make sure that whatever happens we don't add any new mission scripts. I think it's pretty feasible to work within the maps we have now, we can definitely flesh out some new heroes by simply replacing old ones.

And yes you could recompile the 1.3 sides, that might be for the best since the 1.3 sides had some errors that the 1.2 sides did not (like missing cubemap for the stormtrooper).
Yeah, I'm all for tweaks only, and possibly a small handful (1-6 or so) of additional cuts. What we really need to do is see what modes just don't flow on X or Y map. No point to have the mode if it doesn't play well. I know you did one round of that, but I'd be up for even more depending on how things play. If there's just a sloooooow mode on a particular map let's continue with the axing.

As far as the 1.3 sides are concerned I'm 100% up for the updates, though I don't have the source.

*edit*

Wow, doing new planets in Gal Con is lots easier than I expected.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Teancum wrote:As far as the 1.3 sides are concerned I'm 100% up for the updates, though I don't have the source.

*edit*

Wow, doing new planets in Gal Con is lots easier than I expected.
I've got some of the source, I could pack it up and send it. The sides are just assets I got from RepSharpshooter.

Btw, do you have my cGC source? If you don't and you want it, let me know and I'll send it to you.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I'm glad the 1.3 sides are going to be tweak also. What really "bugs" me about them (mainly the REPs) are:
- the Clone Marine's texture is missing its .tga.option file
- the Clone Commander's (Captain) texture is missing its .tga.option file
- the Clone Commander's GeometryLowRes is that of a Galactic Marine
and
- on Bespin: Cloud City, the award rifle (DC-15A) has a texture also called shaft.tga like one of the Bespin buildings so it gets overwritten.
Faceman2000
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: If the words above my head says, "offline", than I'm not here.

Post by Faceman2000 »

I know that nobody else will probably agree with me, but if you're changing the 1.3 sides, could you please make the Clone Captain have the Galactic Marine skin again? I kinda miss it. :(
Last edited by Faceman2000 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

MandeRek wrote:I could import the Obi and Ani for you... I could also give Dash a go, if you want.. Unless you want to wait for Gogie ofcourse :)
Well the Obiwan one is already converted into .xsi format by Darth_Z13, it just hasn't been rigged. I could send it to you if you want.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Caleb1117 wrote:
MandeRek wrote:I could import the Obi and Ani for you... I could also give Dash a go, if you want.. Unless you want to wait for Gogie ofcourse :)
Well the Obiwan one is already converted into .xsi format by Darth_Z13, it just hasn't been rigged. I could send it to you if you want.
If Tean wants.. :P