Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Molokai
Private

Re: Conversion Pack 2.0 release thread

Post by Molokai »

OK, here's a couple of good questions for you guys. Bespin Platforms was in BF1, right, and so was a true conversion? And that means that the BF1 modtools should have the sources for that, right? Was it extra difficult converting everything to work with/ look good in BF2? The maps are freaking incredible, but I was hoping to do a little game mode editing, because I like hundreds of AI on the levels I play (what can I say, I LOVE chaos :wink: ), kind of like how Platforms XL used to be, but since you can't edit the .lvl's... And I know better than to request you even sending me those source files. That's why I asked about the difficulty of converting them.

Edit: OK, scratch the difficulty question... I can see it was probably in insane amount of work to convert... That really sucks. I'm about ready to uninstall the conversion pack, because none of the maps/modes have any good amount of AI on it (B:P on conquest and XL especially suck, because most of the AI go into the ships. Only a few are left on the ground, and full takeover on conquest is the easiest thing I've ever done). Man, the old XL for B:P rocked. Dang near impossible to take anything over, huge bottleneck on the center CP... Oh, how I wish I could just edit the LUA's inside the munged levels... Now I'm just going to have to go and edit all the shipped maps to add extra AI and learn to make do with those...
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I don't know what you think changed, because nothing changed from the "old" Bespin: Platforms XL to this one. I just played it and there were units everywhere and a "huge bottleneck" at the center CP.

And if you really want a glut of units you can always use the Fake Console to increase the number (although I can't imagine why you would need to; Battlefront can only support so many units at once).
Molokai
Private

Post by Molokai »

Well that's really weird, because the XL version I played had the CP's not capturable, and there was one CP on my teams side that actually belonged to the other team, as well as the other side having one CP belonging to my team.

Edit: And, some of the audio's (the "For the chancellor!" and "They're gaining on us!" type) seem to have suddenly been somewhat corrupted (they echo/skip/end prematurely). I'm going to try reinstalling the convo pack to see if this makes a difference, but I don't think it will. Can uninstalling the 1.3 patch r83 that comes with the pack and installing r117 do this kind of thing?

Edit 2: OK, so I realize keeping the CPs uncapturable was probably a design decision, but it still doesn't change the fact that there aren't as many units as there used to be, on any of the XL enabled maps, and not nearly as many units as there used to be on B:P XL. There must be something wrong with my install. Can anyone who has the proper version of B:P pack it up and host it somewhere I can download it, since I can't munge one myself?
Smug
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Smug »

What does a "clean installiation" mean, can it do permenant damage to computer, like viruses?
I do not like downloading very many mods, maps ect. so I do not think that I will download all of that other jazz like the convo installer stuff, but if this is a BAD(AND I MEAN CHOATAPROIC) mistake, please PM me.

EDIT
Sorry for the double post, but this one is important. Which 1.1 patch should I download? I live in USA
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Perhaps the U.S. English (not international) one?
CaioNintendo
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by CaioNintendo »

Wow, this mod is really amazin!

But i got some problems, can some one help me?

Some maps are not working:

concord dawn
raxus prime
naboo prototype
kashyyyk docks

i'm also having problems with naboo (original from SWBFII), its not because of the mod, but i guess someone can help me with that too... maybe uploading the maps for me?

Help me please!

Cya
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

How exactly are these maps not working? The maps cannot be uploaded individually by the way.
CaioNintendo
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by CaioNintendo »

Oh man, really?
i think i'm screwd then!

When the loading ends, the game just shut down and i go to my desktop!
Some times i can even se the map and selection screen, but when i click to spawn, the same thing happen!
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Try lowering your game settings to see if it might help.
CaioNintendo
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by CaioNintendo »

Just did that, did not work!
The game still shutdown after loading the maps...

Are u sure its not possible to upload the maps?

And what about the nabbo from SWBFII?
I dont have the CD's, i installed from my friends ones, so i cant reinstal the game to fix it... when i start playing, after some seconds the game shutdown in this map... i'm stuck in the champaing cause of that hehehe
Isnt possible to upload at least this one?

thx
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Did you install the wrong version? That might be causing the problems
CaioNintendo
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by CaioNintendo »

I dont think so... what do u mean by wrong version?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

CaioNintendo wrote:1. Are u sure its not possible to upload the maps?... 2. And what about the nabbo from SWBFII?... 3. I dont have the CD's, i installed from my friends ones
1. No, it's possible if you want version 1.8.1 of the maps.
2. What about it?
3. Could this be the problem? I'm assuming you are using a No-CD patch?
CaioNintendo
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by CaioNintendo »

What is version 1.8.1? If its the only way i think i'll want it, hehehe

About the naboo stage, i'm having problems with that map, the original one from BFII... Could some one upload it for me please?

I installed the regular patch... i use daemontools to emulate the play disk...
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Version 1.8.1 was a previous version of the Conversion Pack and the last version where the maps were individually built. I don't have it so I can't upload the maps but you can check out the Map Archives topic for it. The Conversion Pack does not modify the actual stock maps themselves (the .lvls) other than adding the KotOR era and additional modes. I think the problem could just be with your computer. Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements for Battlefront II? The Conversion Pack demands more system power by the way.
CaioNintendo
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by CaioNintendo »

My computer is ok i guess...

I'll try to find the maps in this version...
arcanebop

Post by arcanebop »

uhhh...i messed up, i think i deleted the mission.lvl and now i cant play any of the original maps hero assult modes, so im mssing out on the heroes, and i dont have the original disk
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

arcanebop wrote:uhhh...i messed up, i think i deleted the mission.lvl and now i cant play any of the original maps hero assult modes, so im mssing out on the heroes, and i dont have the original disk
yes this is the mission.lvl file:
Staff Edit: Removed. If the user doesn't have the original disc they're using a crack and we can't support that here at GT.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm really, really late to the party, but I finally got to use it today.

My first reaction was "Holy [Diet Dr.Pepper]!"
My second reaction was "I forgot how to use a keyboard, yay!"
My third reaction, "OMGWTFBBQ Thank you!"

So, seeing as you could not hear me yelling all of that, thank you for finally wrapping this up, Tean and Mav, it made the last 3 hours of my day. :P
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

:thumbs: Always nice to get good feedback!

I'm gonna speak for both me and Mav, but it was a lot of fun to work on, and it's a blast to play.