Black Terrain in ZeroEditor

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

SpaghettiGrabsy
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Black Terrain in ZeroEditor

Post by SpaghettiGrabsy »

Hello everyone. I'm both new here and new to modding in general.

I have a problem. When I open the .wld file in ZeroEditor, the terrain is black and I can't see what I'm doing. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might fix this?

Thank you in advance.

mrcool
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: OG BF2

Re: Black Terrain in ZeroEditor

Post by mrcool »

I recommend reading all the documentation, if you haven't. Your issue is that your terrain seems to have no texture. From the "Getting Started" guide:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Adding New Terrain Textures

To add new textures to the terrain, just find the terrain texture you want to use in one of the shipped world assets folders, and copy it into your \data_abc\worlds\abc\world1\ folder. Once you’ve done this, load up your map in ZeroEditor, and open your map. Click on the Texture edit mode button, and you’ll see your list of textures on the right hand side. Select a box that you want to add a new texture to (you can replace existing textures, or you can start by adding a new texture to a blank box). You’ll see the texture name appear on the left side where it says Texture. The box will be blank if you choose a blank texture slot. Click the Browse button below the Texture box, browse to the texture you just copied into your world folder, and voila…your new texture is ready to be used. (For more info on using the texture painting tools, see ZeroEditor_guide.doc in the documents folder).
SpaghettiGrabsy

Re: Black Terrain in ZeroEditor

Post by SpaghettiGrabsy »

mrcool wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:22 am
I recommend reading all the documentation, if you haven't. Your issue is that your terrain seems to have no texture. From the "Getting Started" guide:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Adding New Terrain Textures

To add new textures to the terrain, just find the terrain texture you want to use in one of the shipped world assets folders, and copy it into your \data_abc\worlds\abc\world1\ folder. Once you’ve done this, load up your map in ZeroEditor, and open your map. Click on the Texture edit mode button, and you’ll see your list of textures on the right hand side. Select a box that you want to add a new texture to (you can replace existing textures, or you can start by adding a new texture to a blank box). You’ll see the texture name appear on the left side where it says Texture. The box will be blank if you choose a blank texture slot. Click the Browse button below the Texture box, browse to the texture you just copied into your world folder, and voila…your new texture is ready to be used. (For more info on using the texture painting tools, see ZeroEditor_guide.doc in the documents folder).
Hi. Sorry for the long delay in my reply.

I managed to sort out the problem. I reinstalled the mod tools to the root of the C: drive and it works fine now.

Thank you.