SWBF2 PSP Help Trying to Find the Main menu?

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

abubakr
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: yetfhfhg
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

SWBF2 PSP Help Trying to Find the Main menu?

Post by abubakr »

Hello friends im new to this forum
And I have begun modding star wars battlefront 2 on the psp.

However I intend on adding and replacing new maps later however I wish to edit the main menu meaning you know the instant action menu?
Well I want to edit that because when I add new maps to it.it will be too confusing so I want to edit the menu however the problem is I can't find the file which contains the menu information?

I have opened up the iso searched everything however I have concluded that the menu is in the folder known as
"Lvlpsp"
Which contains all the star wars battlefront 2 psp maps aswell as the shell/common/inshell/in game files
However I don't know which file it will be inside
Any ideas as to which Lvl file will allow me to edit the main and sub menus?

Also I want to add Thoose rare maps which where taken of the psp version
Such as bespin
However I don't have the file

Could anyone send me the link to download the bespin map which would be compatible and work on the psp version.(after replacement and coding and so on)
Also I need the original bespin map which would work on the psp.
And I need Jabbas palace map

Can anyone please help me find the main menu though?
I need to edit it
Which lvl file contains the editable menu information
[Padawan]Helkaan
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Dunno. Maybe making something
Games I'm Playing :: Some.

Re: SWBF2 PSP Help Trying to Find the Main menu?

Post by [Padawan]Helkaan »

You can't actually add/remove/modify maps on the PSP version. You can however mod missions through scripting. I recommend reading Teancum's post about PSP modding for facts and usefull pieces of info. You could also "resurrect" the 9 "hidden" maps because they are still present in the game files, even though they didn't end up being added. Keep in mind that the porting team had to do important changes to the code in order to fit the PSP's limitations; you might not be able to get exactly what you want if it's too "ambitious".
Assuming (I don't know for sure) that modifying the main menu works the same way as in the PC version, you'd have to munge a new shell.lvl file using the PSP modtools Teancum provided (PC modding knowledges are heavily recommended in this case). Still, it's a subject that was not very documented and the devs don't seem to be reachable; so you will need a lot of finagling and error-and-retry in order to win.