64 bit help

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

64 bit help

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Hey guys, i recently bought a new laptop and although it says that the system is a 64bit system, however whenever i go to play a game the game always opens in 32bit. Does anyone know how to switch my settings to 64bit? I have windows 8 by the way.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: 64 bit help

Post by Noobasaurus »

Most games have a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version. Try going into the game's folder and finding the 64 bit version.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Ive tried that, for example, when i installed primal carnage off of steam, it only installed a 32 bit version of the game
theultimat
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by theultimat »

Juding by the post here (http://forum.primalcarnage.com/viewtopi ... =73&t=7835), Primal Carnage only runs as a 32 bit executable at the moment anyway, so that's probably the reason in that specific case. The post is from a while ago though, so that may not be the case anymore.