Zero Editor Runtime Error (XP, Vista, Windows 7/8.x/10) [Solved]

How To's, Questions, and Solutions for problems. This covers anything from computer hardware problems to software recommendations to tutorials for various software programs.

Note: Neither Gametoast nor any of its members/visitors are responsible for any damage to your computer as a result from advice given in this forum. Follow advice at your own risk and be sure to back up any important files.

Moderator: Moderators

agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Re: Major problem with Zero Editor

Post by agzilla123 »

You just gave me a good idea AceMastermind, my battlefront 2 stopped working for awhile but I got it to work by running it as administrator. I will have to try the same thing with zeroeditor.

Edit: Ok AceMastermind, I have tried most of those things.

How do I use 3Danalyze with zeroeditor?

Try updating your drivers------ What is your driver? (A very nooby question.....I know)

Switch your graphics to Highest 32 bit------Tried it about a week ago....didn't work.

What is Aero Glass? I searched it and the search came up with a file that was named ID2006DB.mdb

Try right clicking on the exe and "Run as Administrator"------ Tried it

Try disabling User Account Control (UAC) for administrators------I am afraid I do not understand what you mean, or maybe I just can't find it.

******Does the Star Wars Battlefront Extreme modification possibly have anything to do with this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please don't doublepost. Thanks. -Staff
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

I said up front how to work 3DAnalyze:
Frisbeetarian wrote:Run 3DAnalyze, click the select button, browse and select the zeroeditor you want to run, click "force SW TnL"
I suggest you save as a .bat file so you don't have to go through this process again, and after that click the run button.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Try to run ZE with 3D-Analyze -- Same Result
Try updating your graphics card drivers -- Most Updated
Switch your graphics to Highest 32 bit -- Always ran on 32 bit
Try turning off Aero Glass -- Turned off to give more space for applications to run when I installed Vista
Try right clicking on the exe and "Run as Administrator" -- See below
Try disabling User Account Control (UAC) for administrators -- Moment I installed Vista, I disabled it.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

Try changing the Compatibilty Mode for ZE
What edition of Vista are you using e.g. Home, Premium, Business?
I know you said you installed yours but i'm asking this as a general question for whoever -Did you upgrade your old machine to Vista or buy a new one with Vista already installed?

I'm just trying to find some sort of pattern if there is any, if we can find a pattern then we might be able to narrow down the problem of ZE not running on some Vista machines.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

And this, my friends is yet another in a long list of reasons why Vista suxbad.

/This message brought to you by TeancumThinksVistaSucks.com
agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by agzilla123 »

lol I think your right Teancum. I will try everything you guys told me to try, but I am beginning to think it might be easier to install mod tools on my xp (but slower) computer. Does battlefront 2 have to work for zeroeditor to work?

Frisbeetarian, I am sorry I didn't say this before, but I did try doing that on 3DAnalyze and it didn't work. :cpu: Any other things that can be tried with 3DAnalyzer?

Where is zeroeditor located on your computer for those of you who can get it to run?
(502)Shadow2 07
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by (502)Shadow2 07 »

Hopefully, they'll fix this problem in the final version, but that's if pandemic even gets around to MAKING a final version :? . Still hoping...how long has the beta version been out now?
Last edited by (502)Shadow2 07 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

This IS the final version. They will never make an update to it.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

(502)Shadow2 07 wrote:Hopefully, they'll fix this problem in the final version, but that's if pandemic even gets around to MAKING a final version :? . Still hoping...how long has the beta version been out now?
First of all, stop with the red text before I give you a warning, it's getting on my nerves.
AceMastermind wrote:Try changing the Compatibilty Mode for ZE
What edition of Vista are you using e.g. Home, Premium, Business?
I know you said you installed yours but i'm asking this as a general question for whoever -Did you upgrade your old machine to Vista or buy a new one with Vista already installed?

I'm just trying to find some sort of pattern if there is any, if we can find a pattern then we might be able to narrow down the problem of ZE not running on some Vista machines.
I changed it to XP SP2 the moment it didn't work. I'm running Vista Ultimate, and it's the full version. I formatted my old xp computer and installed Vista fresh. It worked before with Vista Ultimate, so it must've been some pointless Vista update that broke it.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Post by MercuryNoodles »

There is one little thing I've noticed can make ZE crash on my system (I have Vista Home Premium), but it has to do with disabling SecuROM's context menu handler in order to get explorer.exe to not crash when I right click icons. I doubt it's the cause, but it may be worth the mention.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

-_- wrote:It worked before with Vista Ultimate, so it must've been some pointless Vista update that broke it.
I just got a new computer with Vista Ultimate, installed all the updates, it still works, and my video card is your's baby brother, 8800 GT.
agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by agzilla123 »

I have finally decided to try to get zeroeditor on my xp computer. I just need to know this and it would be great if someone could tell me before I have to find out for myself and throw my computer at my neighbor.

The reason I use Vista in the first place is because it can run my battlefront 2 while I am not sure that battlefront 2 will work on my xp. I am pretty sure it can be installed though. Do you need to be able to play battlefront 2 for zeroeditor to work, or do you just need it to be installed?

Any help would be appreciated.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Frisbeetarian wrote:
-_- wrote:It worked before with Vista Ultimate, so it must've been some pointless Vista update that broke it.
I just got a new computer with Vista Ultimate, installed all the updates, it still works, and my video card is your's baby brother, 8800 GT.
Hmm.. I guess something I installed broke it? Out of curiosity, where did you guys install your game and mod tools?

EDIT: Just reformatted my computer, installed Vista Ultimate fresh, along with a few updates, and Zeroeditor doesn't work already. Sigh.
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Post by MercuryNoodles »

I can't think of any reason why the game wouldn't work with XP. My last system had XP. Both SWBF2 and ZE worked fine with it.
where did you guys install your game and mod tools?
G:\BF2_ModTools

G:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II
agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by agzilla123 »

Ok, thank MercuryNoodles, I will try today :D..................................I hope it works lol :cpu:

Edit: By the way AceMastermind, I am using Vista Premium i think.
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

I had kinda the same problem a while back, I was running Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop and every time I tried to start up Zero Editor I got this: "zeroeditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried everything (changed my settings, etc). Come to find out I didn't have TnL which you need to run it. Than I found out about 3D Analyze so I got it and did everything it said and I got the same message! After a month I restored my computer to factory settings (because of a lot of problems) and later decided to try 3D Analyze again and for some odd reason it worked :? I don't know what the problem was before that wouldn't let it work with 3D Analyze but it wasn't my display settings :)
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

-_-, do you have 32 or 64 bit Vista?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

I'm running 32-bit Vista.
agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by agzilla123 »

So far everything has worked out fine. Battlefront 2 installed perfectly on my xp computer and it even works! (Part of the reason I used vista in the first place is becasue I had been told time and again by people that it wouldn't work on my xp)

Lets just hope zeroeditor works.

Edit: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Great News!!!!!!

zeroeditor works on my xp computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: Thank you everybody for the help you gave me regarding vista and xp!!

Still, I feel bad, because there are other people who had the same problem as me and I doubt many of them can hip out another computer without paying a lot of money. Therefore, you might want to keep the thread open even though my problem was solved. I will still tell you the problems i have had on vista if that mean getting a constant way way for zeroeditor to work for other vista users.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Maybe that's why it works on mine and not yours, I'm running 64-bit.