New falling animation questions

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

New falling animation questions

Post by Oceans14 »

I'm trying to make a new falling animation but I don't quite understand some steps. Here's exactly what I'm trying to do:

Go from the stock jump animation "human_rifle_jump" or whatever, to a prone "skydiver" sort of pose. Now, like the stock falling pose, I don't need this to actually move (it isn't replacing the flail-falling anim). I'm getting confused on how to begin though, because it seems I should be starting off with the unit in the jump pose, and then animate it into the fall pose from there, for a seamless transition -- BUT, does that mean the jump pose is my 0 frame? Or is it frame 1? And also, when I rotate the unit to be proned out and horizontal, do I rotate bone_root? Should I be using the unit template beta for this, or is that mainly for those that want to rig a whole new unit model?

Hopefully this all makes sense. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with animations other than a few animated props and doors I've made, and so I'm probably not using the best language to explain my problem.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: New falling animation questions

Post by MileHighGuy »

You can use ZEtools to load the falling animation into XSI and watch it. See how it is done and it should answer most if not all of your questions
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Oceans14 »

I've been looking at them, and I think I have a better idea of which bones to move. Now I'm running into a problem where after I rotate certain bones to where I want them and add a keyframe, everything resets back to the original pose. Every time I want to add a keyframe don't I need to branch select all the bones (even ones I haven't touched) and key them?
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

branch select the entire thing (dummyroot) and go to Animation > remove animation > remove all, any type. Then start keying, only key bones and dummyroot