How do I Export as Msh in XSI?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Robobermann
Private
Projects :: My projects
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005

How do I Export as Msh in XSI?

Post by Robobermann »

I am learning how to convert models from obj format to SWBF2 using XSI 7.5. I have the model enveloped to a SWBF2 skeleton, but I am having trouble exporting it to msh format. I have the ZETools in my addons directory, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually install them.

Edit: I have gotten the ZETools to appear in XSI, but I get this error when I try to export:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last 15 log lines

Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last)
File Script Block , line 28, in exportbutton_OnClicked
File CUsersRobobermannAutodeskSoftimage_Mod_Tool_7.5AddonsxsizetoolsApplicationCorezetexport.py, line 899, in export
self.do_export()
File CUsersRobobermannAutodeskSoftimage_Mod_Tool_7.5AddonsxsizetoolsApplicationCorezetexport.py, line 906, in do_export
self.check_filepath()
File CUsersRobobermannAutodeskSoftimage_Mod_Tool_7.5AddonsxsizetoolsApplicationCorezetexport.py, line 873, in check_filepath
filepath_items = ['...', splitpath[-3], splitpath[-2], splitpath[-1]]
IndexError list index out of range
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Re: How do I Export as Msh in XSI?

Post by ANDEWEGET »

The code in that place is pretty bad and assumes that you'll have selected a path with at least 3 segments (C:\\Segment2\\Segment3).