Converting .wrl to .obj?

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Converting .wrl to .obj?

Post by SkinnyODST »

I want to convert BF2 models from msh, to wrl (using the msh viewer) and then finally to obj so I can import them into Cinema 4D. However I`m havin some trouble with the the obj part. I dunno what to use to convert it. I tried 2 programs, 3D Object Converter and 3D Builder, both don`t work and the other things that showed up when I searched on Google don`t work with wrl - obj files . Does anyone know any way I can convert the models to obj?

Thanks
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Converting .wrl to .obj?

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I regularly used Blender 2.49b to convert from .wrl to .obj, since that is a version of Blender that can import the .wrls that the Msh Viewer spits out.

Make sure you click texface for your materials before you export to .obj. https://puu.sh/wZPBC/461ad75aa5.png

If you struggle with using Blender, there's dozens of tutorials out there.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Converting .wrl to .obj?

Post by SkinnyODST »

THEWULFMAN wrote:I regularly used Blender 2.49b to convert from .wrl to .obj, since that is a version of Blender that can import the .wrls that the Msh Viewer spits out.

Make sure you click texface for your materials before you export to .obj. https://puu.sh/wZPBC/461ad75aa5.png

If you struggle with using Blender, there's dozens of tutorials out there.
I got it, and it won`t import the wrl files. And I`m quite certain I have the right version, at the top of the screen highlighted in green it says "www.blender.org 249.2"