Tentacles: Bones

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Tentacles: Bones

Post by Teancum »

MandeRek wrote:Very nice Ace, that's great! And I must agree that 45 SHOULD be possible reading the jedi creation doc, which is my help in certain situations... Also, i dunno how many tents kit has in X-BOX but 45 bones must be smoothed and very detailed moving tents right? :P
I guess I was a little confusing. What I'm saying is that they made the docs, then one of the guys went back after working on SWBF2 Xbox and changed the numbers. I can tell you for 100% fact that 45 tentacle bones don't work on SWBF2 PC. Been there done that.

Anyways, it makes sense that those are Xbox numbers seeing as how there's a few other Xbox tidbits still lying around in the tools. Nothing special or of use, but they're there.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

I did understand you Tean, i only meant that Kit's tentacles from X-Box ingame (so playing on X-Box) must be very detailed moving with 45 bones...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Ah. My mistake :oops:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Doesn't matter at all...To everyone who is willing to have animated tentacles:

It's far easier to follow Vyse's tut for you character without the part to be animated...This part should be exported following the advice here about addons..This way, you won't have to create new basepose.msh... Still, i noticed my tut works fine, so you can still use it, dunno way though (could be you gonna publish the file and don't want people to use/mess up the addon only)