Undo command not working and another problem...

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

Undo command not working and another problem...

Post by Rekubot »

This has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now. I can't remember doing anything that might disable it, but whenever I try to undo a mistake I've made nothing happens. I go into Edit -> Undo and the option is faded out; it's not remembering any of the changes I make. Needless to say, this is getting very annoying as I have to constantly revert back to a backup file everytime I make a mistake.

My second problem is that when I go to file in the top left corner of the screen, the Pandemic Tools command constantly duplicates itself. This wouldn't bother me if it didn't eat up the Save As command, but it does. This gives me two options; either I find out how to fix the duplication error, or I find out how to create a keyboard shortcut to Save As. Which is why I'm typing this of course :P. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Murdocr

RE: Undo command not working and another problem...

Post by Murdocr »

Well, first my oppologies because this is going to be very vague, as i'm not in XSI right now.

For the first one, you could try going into file, preferences, and something like general, and there should be an option called undo levels. you could try checking that to see if you accidently changed it or something.

For the second one, mini posted a link to a plugin that stops it from duplicating. It's called the FBX plugin. It doesnt change anything fundamental about the program, it's just an importer/exporter. However, i'm not sure of the link, but a quick search should find it.

Hope this helps :D

EDIT: Found it :

http://download.autodesk.com/us/fbx/plu ... 50_WIN.EXE
Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

RE: Undo command not working and another problem...

Post by Rekubot »

Woot! Thanks Murdocr, both of those suggestions worked. I owe you one :D.