Help with animation

How to create models in XSI and other 3D applications and make them work in Battlefront 1 & 2. Post models, tips for application usage and share anything XSI, 3DMax, SketchUp, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Help with animation

Post by MileHighGuy »

New question, When I orientation constrain the foot bone to an implicit cube (which I made as a controller, it has matched transforms to the foot effector) the bone flips 90 degrees so the toes are pointing into the ground. How can I fix this?

Hidden/Spoiler:
So I have my skeleton posed for the animation I want to export. I'm having trouble with getting it to work ingame and what to key. When I have it set to "key all marked parameters" I can't key anything (yes things are selected). So I have been using "key all keyable". When I branch select the dummyroot it only keys the dummyroot, not any bones (or anything below it), So I tried to select everything in the scene with rectangle select. I keyed frames 0 to 10 and exported. With the new .msh the animations will not even munge.

Here is the log. I have not had any problems with the basepose. The animation in question is a new idle animation, which isn't shown here:
[hide][code]-- Processing directory C:\SWBF2_ModTools\BF2_ModTools\data_SGK\Animations\SoldierAnimationBank\jka2hsword
Processing file basepose.msh, will save in .\\\jka2hsword.zaf
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 0 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 1 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 2 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 3 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 4 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 5 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 6 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 7 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 8 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 9 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 10 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 11 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 12 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 13 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 14 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 15 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 16 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 17 has too many/few vert colors?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 0 has too many/few vert weights?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 0 has too many/few UVs?
*** WARNING: Skin model segment 0 has too many/few vert weights?
.*** WARNING: Animation <jka2hsword_sabre_jump_full> has a framerate <29.970030> that isn't 30fps. Framerate correction code has not been done yet
..*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xd12d36d1> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x9b90d3af> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xbc09665b> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xbda966cd> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xe354d72a> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xae615d48> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x89f8e8bc> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xcd7c235e> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x485e0235> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xde9cb66> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x28d40609> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xe5fe3854> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x6b7a69a0> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x573fe84> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x76239dfb> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x71ffd25f> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x11120f0b> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xab7d5caa> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x5dd91007> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x33d08723> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x4080e45c> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0xc2790c8d> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x24e381ec> not found in basepose.
*** ERROR: For anim <fullanimation>, joint with CRC <0x9e8cd24d> not found in basepose.
..*** WARNING: Animation <jka2hsword_sabre_stand_runforward_full> has a framerate <29.970030> that isn't 30fps. Framerate correction code has not been done yet
..*** WARNING: Animation <jka2hsword_sabre_stand_uppercut_end_full> has a framerate <29.970030> that isn't 30fps. Framerate correction code has not been done yet
.*** WARNING: Animation <jka2hsword_sabre_stand_uppercut_full> has a framerate <29.970030> that isn't 30fps. Framerate correction code has not been done yet

*** ERROR: Exiting because of error(s) processing animations.
[/code]
Can anyone help me with my problems? Thanks.[/Hide]
Last edited by MileHighGuy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Help with animations

Post by Marth8880 »

Make sure only bones and I think the dummyroot are keyed.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Is using "key all keyable" alright? and is there a quick way to select those? I can't imagine everyone has to select all the bones by hand for each frame.

EDIT: Selecting what you suggested worked, thanks. As for selecting, I just changed my explorer view into layers and put all of what I wanted into a separate layer.

Key all marked parameters only works if you do this:

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsi ... mation.htm

EDIT: is there any way I can freeze the position of the feet, so I can move the bone root down and the legs will automatically bend?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4fX47o4r7Y
First post updated
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

MileHighGuy wrote:New question, When I orientation constrain the foot bone to an implicit cube (which I made as a controller, it has matched transforms to the foot effector) the bone flips 90 degrees so the toes are pointing into the ground. How can I fix this?
It looks like you encountered the same problem I did when trying to set up a foot roll on the unit template. This was my solution to this problem.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Help with animations [UNsolved again]

Post by minilogoguy18 »

Heh, I remember that old thread, bringing that up though I should say the best option to make a full biped rig would to be to build it as a shadow rig then just constrain the unit template skeleton to it. That way you have full control to build the bones for the rig however you want. I did this with the Jedi Academy skeleton and released the rig to the community there which those who know Softimage seem to like it, thought about making one for this game but I don't really mod this game anymore.