Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Schizo

Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

Post by Schizo »

Sorry, I meant to release this yesterday, but I got caught up in some things and totally forgot.

The ReadMe:
Geonosis Arena Final - By Schizo (X-Fire: Nzdjh, Email: NzdjhS@gmail.com)

Here's my second map for Battlefront II. Originally started by Teancum using converted Star Wars: Clone Wars models, the
Arena WOULD have been abandoned, but Tean let me take over the map and finish it. The original version was nothing more than
a test; most of the attention was focused on the low-poly Arena models, and less attention on the actual battle itself.
That's where I came in; I focused on making the battle more intense, as we see in the movie, so less attention will be
brought to the actual models themselves, but more on the battle itself, so as it'll give you the feeling as if you were
actually there in the Arena in Episode II, fighting alongside the Jedi in the very first battle of the Clone Wars. Hope you
enjoy this map as much as I do.

Features:

- Two game modes; Conquest and XL.

• Conquest Mode involves the battle that took place between the Jedi and the CIS, as seen in the movie. It is meant
to take place right after the acklay is killed (since I was too lazy to add it), but before the clone arrive. As in
the movie, the Jedi are surrounded by the CIS, in their only single CP. This CP, is in fact, uncapturable, for bal-
ancing reasons. When I gave the CP a capture region, the CIS took it over way too quickly. I also gave the CIS one
uncapturable CP, again, for balancing reasons. The heroes for this mode are Mace Windu (Jedi), and Jango Fett (CIS).

• XL Mode features the battle between the Clones and the CIS after Yoda arrived with reinforcements. Since most of
the Jedi have left the Arena at this point to join the larger battle outside, there's only a limited number of Jedi
in the Arena to help the Clones out. To balance this out, the CIS has a large unit count. However, even so, it's
been a real pain to balance correctly, and the Republic does have a slight advantage... however, it still is poss-
ible to win as the CIS. The heroes for this mode are Yoda (Republic), and Count Dooku (CIS).

- Jedi side with movie-accurate Jedi. All Jedi now have a single-bladed, blue or green lightsaber. No crazy dual-wielders or
goofy colors like yellow or orange. Unlockable classes include:

• Wookie Jedi Master, 12 Points to Unlock, Force Push
• Bothan Jedi Master, 14 Points to Unlock, Force Pull
• Twi'lek Jedi Master, 16 Points to Unlock, Force Wave
• Chiss Jedi Master, 18 Points to Unlock, Force Crush

- Jedi Heroes now spawn on the field in Conquest mode to help the Jedi out. They include:

• Obi-Wan Kenobi
• Anakin Skywalker (Episode II-style)
• Aayla Secura
• Ki-Adi-Mundi

- CIS has movie-accurate units also. Conquest mode has just the Super Battledroid, Regular Battledroid, Geonosian, and
Droideka like in the movie. XL Mode features more of a variety of units, pretty much the same as the shipped ones, except
with a few minor changes to the skins:

• Heavy Weapons Droid now has the default battledroid skin.
• Engineer Droid now has the pilot's blue skin.
• Droid Sniper now has the red security droid skin.

- Correctly localized weapons with movie-accurate names.

- Upped the unit count just a bit. Especially for the CIS. They now greatly outnumber the Jedi.

- Further balanced the sides out.

- Made the battle overall more intense and movie-accurate.

Known Bugs:

- Some of the droid chunks strewn about the Arena float above the ground. I'm not exactly sure why they do this; they show up
completely fine in Zeroeditor. I've tried finding the problem, but there's no appearent reason why it's happening; you'll
just have to live with it.

- The bots kinda get a little confused and try to capture the CPs without capture regions. But hey, what're ya gonna do, eh?

- The Republic for some reason has a distinct advantage in XL mode. I'm not sure why. I tried my best to beef the CIS up as
much as I could without making them too powerful, but the Republic always seems to have an advantage. But it IS possible to
win as the CIS.

- Other than that, none really. Other than a few other minor gameplay-oriented bugs, but nothing serious or noticeable.

Fixed Bugs and Changes (from previous .75 beta release)

- Moved the Jedis' CP to the center of the Arena. Removed capture region for balancing reasons.

- Increased unit count, beefed up the CIS, balanced out the teams, made the battle more intense and movie-like.

- Added an XL mode to the mix with Clones vs. CIS.

- Fixed award rifle bug that was happening with the Battledroid.

- Fixed CIS skins and made them movie-accurate.

- Localized all units and weapons accordingly to be more movie-accurate.

- Many more minor gameplay issues fixed.

Credits and Thanks:

- Teancum, for all his help with setting up the map, helping out with some problems I was having, teaching me some stuff, and
overall just being a really cool guy.

- Not sure who converted the models, but I think it was Minilogoguy. Whoever it was, thanks. Even though they're kinda low-
poly, they still look pretty good. You don't notice them in the heat of battle anyway.

- Alex555 for the Anakin skin. He didn't give it to me per se, but Tean gave me permission to use it, so...

- The users at GT for their feedback on the map and suggestions for how to improve it.

- Some of my fellow clanmates for beta testing and such for me.

And that's about it. Enjoy the map.

Some screenies:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9033 ... al31kt.png

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7930 ... al50ro.png

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9902 ... al96vl.png

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3216 ... l125uv.png

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7175 ... axl4st.png

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/3628 ... xl24yy.png

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/7581 ... xl52ut.png

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/6158 ... xl66bt.png

... And here's the download link:

http://files.filefront.com/Geonosis_Are ... einfo.html
MasterSkywalker
Major
Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

Post by MasterSkywalker »

w00t. Definalty downing this :D
Kyross

Post by Kyross »

If memory sevres(usually it doesn't, but I digress) Bandu was also well into developing a map based on the Gonosis arena. A lot ofhisstuff seems to get lost in the development process, though.

This sounds like a real nice collectors item.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

Very good Work,Schizo.Waiting for a Arena Map,like these.XL Mode is great.
This sounds like a real nice collectors item.
That it is,definitly
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Re: RE: Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

Post by yankeefan05 »

Kyross wrote:This sounds like a real nice collectors item.
Off-Topic: We r the modding collectors. Its more then just a collectors item, its a one of the maps of a life time. :)

On-Topic: Great job Schizo. I hope when i get back ill be able to test out this great achivement. I like that u made it more realistic.
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

RE: Re: RE: Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

Post by RAymo »

On-Topic: nice. this map is awesome.

Off-Topic: Schizo, do u go to Bacarra server a lot?
ex2100

RE: Re: RE: Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

Post by ex2100 »

i just got a question were do u get the map after u extract it because i cant find it
Schizo

Re: RE: Re: RE: Geonosis Arena (FINAL, 1.0 Released)

Post by Schizo »

ex2100 wrote:i just got a question were do u get the map after u extract it because i cant find it
You'll need to choose the path to your Game's addon folder and extract there. Since some people have the game installed in different areas, the path to your addon folder may be different than mine. The default path is "C:\\Program Files\Lucasarts\Star Wars Battlefront II\Gamedata\addon".
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Chris165 »

Chiss Jedi Master, 18 Points to Unlock, Force Crush
force crush?!!!!!!! CRUEL, but that is a dark side power..... love that power in KotOR2 hehe.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Mace Windu used it in the Clone Wars cartoons, and, I was out of ideas for Force Powers. Plus, a Chiss seems like the kind of species that would use it...
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Chris165 »

I was out of ideas for Force Powers
well, maybe stasis(field) if possible?
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well, it's too late to go back and change it now. Just be happy with what ya got. I was about to just trash the map entirely at one point. I was just so tired with it. But I finished it because I figured people would like it.
Thomas52600

Post by Thomas52600 »

With geonosians, one Acklay, obi-wan,anakin,plo-koon, mace windu, kiadi-mundi, jango fett and aylaa secura it will be perfect !
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

... All of those are in there, except for the acklay and Plo Koon...
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

XL mode is too hectic for me.
XL mode lacks Gunships - they need to be there, it's not perfect without them
maybe Schizo could ask MR for the Gunship turrets.Please include them - or at least an orbital strike looking like gunship fire.

-PP

PS: No Offense, of course.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

There's a wookie bug, it wasn't in the known bugs list so i guess u didnt noticed. Some hairs are floating under his leggs.

^Destroyer^
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Protector_Pulch wrote:XL mode is too hectic for me.
maybe Schizo could ask MR for the Gunship turrets.Please include them - or at least an orbital strike looking like gunship fire.

-PP

Schizo said he's finished with the map.
Aksel3

Post by Aksel3 »

No crazy dual-wielders or
goofy colors like yellow or orange
Aherm...

Hayden Christensen was not the first actor in Star Wars to fight with a lightsaber in each hand. During the battle in the Geonosian's arena, one Jedi, Joclad Danva, can be seen fighting battle droids with a saber in each hand.

Taken from this Wikipedia article.

Just wanted you to know... :P
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Never heard of him, therefore, he doesn't matter. At least not in my view.
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Teancum wrote:
Protector_Pulch wrote:XL mode is too hectic for me.

-PP

Schizo said he's finished with the map.
What a pity.

I love that Crush-Chiss. And that bothan. And...