FC Mod (replaced by v1.3 patch)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want the FC commands to be map-extendable? (meaning mod maps can add in their own commands)

Yes, but I won't add commands for my maps
22%
Yes, I'd add commands for my maps
51%
Yes, but I'm not a modder
15%
No, but I'm not a modder
1%
No, but I'm a modder
3%
Don't care
8%

Total votes: 73
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Yes, editing the effect files could make the awards invisible. However, this is not something I can toggle on/off in the shell.

Sorry about not releasing the new common.lvl yet, I discovered a new feature and want to explore it a little more first...
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

np Zerted. Always better to have one that works without problems than one that is buggy as hell :roll:
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

What all goes in to making a new Common.lvl ? I want to try and make my own and attempt to delete awards.
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Checkout common.req. Everything in that goes into a new Common.lvl. After you munge your common.lvl, you will need to move it from data_XXX\_LVL_PC into the game's GameData\DATA\_LVL_PC (backup the game's first)

That is were I was messing up. I didn't even think about checking there. Figured it would be in the addon folder.

So to make a replaceable, full working Common.lvl all I have to do is munge then take the one from _LVL_PC? I don't even have to add anything?

-EDIT-

Alright so I munged it and used it in game. It starts up at the loading screen and then I get like the PS2 interface, it says Press START. So that is how far I get. I didn't change anything at all. Is it alright if I PM on this because I don't want to spam up this topic?

That toggle thing sounds pretty cool. Hopefully it works, cuz then I won't have to bother you anymore.
Thire
Major
Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Thire »

I have a request, if it's not too much of course. I tried going the increase and decrease of speed, (shift and +, and -) it worked, but only to a small extent. I was wondering if it were possible to make the camera go faster when you do shift and +, because it still doesn't go all that fast.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

You have to keep tapping + or -. Do it like 10 times then move. It makes a big difference.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

sawyerdk9 wrote:Alright so I munged it and used it in game. It starts up at the loading screen and then I get like the PS2 interface, it says Press START. So that is how far I get. I didn't change anything at all...
I forgot about that. I had a topic about that a while ago.

I think the fix is to copy assets\scripts\PC into your data_XXX\Common\scripts\PC (you may need to create the PC folder).

Sorry, I don't have any control of the Freecamera controls. I can only enable/disable the mode.
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

I got it munging, but nothing worked. I erased all the info in all the files that seemed fit. No worries though. I just made it so that you will never get any points (like you had mentioned earlier). Hopefully it'll work. This may be the only way.

EDIT

Dosn't work. I might be doing something wrong. I'm just deleting everything in the files. Hopefully you can add that toggle thing.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

To remove all the points, you need to edit points.lua. That file is part of ingame.lvl so you need to munge a new shell and copy over ingame.lvl

Updated first post with new version:
Freecamera mode in MP (kills you when you press the button).
Button in player list to boot all players in the server but not being display in the player list.

download link: http://rapidshare.de/files/27168346/common.zip.html (348KB)
(sorry I don't have a savefile account...)
Murdocr

Re: RE: Re: RE: Common.lvl

Post by Murdocr »

[RDH]Zerted wrote: I was planning on putting the next release on filefront.
rapid share still hates me so, do you think you could find time for this please :roll:

nice work on the MP free cam. so do i understand that when you click on free cam, your player is killed and then you enter free cam mode?
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

I tried it in free cam, it was fun. But then the guys I was playing with didn't know about it yet so they thought I was some kinda master glitcher and booted me from the server....

Yeah, anyway, it was real fun, except, my player wasn't killed, he just stood there and did nothing, because when I went into free cam, it made me pick a class again, then, my characture did nothing, just stood there. :?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:To remove all the points, you need to edit points.lua. That file is part of ingame.lvl so you need to munge a new shell and copy over ingame.lvl
I should add that changing something like that in ingame.lvl will kill online MP compatability, you won't be able to join a game, and if you host, they can't join you.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Teancum wrote:...changing something like that in ingame.lvl will kill online MP compatability...
You would think that that is true, but it is not. If you host a game with a changed points.lua, all players would get the changed points. If you join a game and you have changed your points.lua, you will use the server's point settings.

This at least prevents players from cheating by changing their points settings, then earning massive points in online games.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Hmm.... that's good to know. Nice research Zerted. :D
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

I got it to work. It was actually pretty easy. No more points means no more awards. Except no I can't unlock classes, but I've already modded the sides for that. It is just mod maps custom sides now. I dont care though. Thanks for all your time.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Is it possible to make a button on the career stats page that would reset the awards? I want to keep the points, but be able to not permanantly have awards when you reach the "legendary" status.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I don't think so. I might be able to add a button the wipes out all the award stats in the career page, but I wouldn't be able to keep the points. The game's .exe controls the awarding of the awards when a level starts, so I cannot prevent that. The only way to get around it would be to remove those points from the profile before the game see them.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

So if you made that button, it would wipe out the points system as well as the awards? I just want to delete the number of times that I got an award, but still be able to unlock units and awards during gameplay, because right now I reached legendary status in an award that has an aura, or whatever, and it makes my game laggy (Stupid auras!!! :evil: ), and I hate that because now I have to delete my profile just to keep my computer from lagging!
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Hebes24 wrote:So if you made that button, it would wipe out the points system as well as the awards?...
...legendary status in an award that has an aura, or whatever, and it makes my game laggy...
It does the same to my computer too. If the button works, that is what it would do. However, I'm going to be spending my time working on the new game modes right now.
[Matt_Man]

Post by [Matt_Man] »

What does the ban now button do in multiplayer?