FC Mod (replaced by v1.3 patch)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want the FC commands to be map-extendable? (meaning mod maps can add in their own commands)

Yes, but I won't add commands for my maps
22%
Yes, I'd add commands for my maps
51%
Yes, but I'm not a modder
15%
No, but I'm not a modder
1%
No, but I'm a modder
3%
Don't care
8%

Total votes: 73
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Common.lvl

Post by yankeefan05 »

People might abuse that idea though. They might use it and boot the free cam people even though they arent cheating. Maybe u should let it be used only on private and locked servers. (If there is any way)
crazytieguy
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Re: RE: Common.lvl

Post by crazytieguy »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:I'm told there are other commands from bf2_modtools. I don't know, I can't run it (DVD version :cry: ).
One of my friends had the DVD version, and he was able to get the bf2_modtools to run... He said something about a patch.
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi

Post by PvtParts »

Well, I think the voting thing is a great idea. But I wouldn't recommend making it come up each time someone attempts freecam, as it could cause instabilities etc.

Perhaps, instead of a boot vote, make a vote that allows a specific player 1 time access to free cam. So basically, the player attempts Free Cam, a prompt asking whether or not to allow said player a one time access appear, and the vote occurs. The player in question is then forced into free cam, and upon exiting loses that capability. I know this really is no different from the boot vote so far as instability (perhaps just make it so only one is allowed), and is easier said than done. Ive no idea if this is possible, but it is a feasible idea in my opinion.
crazytieguy
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by crazytieguy »

I just noticed something: when this new common.lvl is installed, the BF2_Modtools application loses the freecamera capability. If it is possible to fix this, plese do.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

R u sure u installed it correctly?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yup --- it does that to me too. If you use Fake Console you can just use ToggleFreeLook.
crazytieguy
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by crazytieguy »

mcdestroyer wrote:R u sure u installed it correctly?
Yes, I renamed my old common.lvl and named this new one common.lvl and put it in the correct folder.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Teancum wrote:Yup --- it does that to me too. If you use Fake Console you can just use ToggleFreeLook.
(Solution for Free Cam using the BF2_modtools.exe)
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Maybe you could disable chat while using Freecam ?
This would put an end to "freecam scouters".
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

See the thing is, in MP you can't pause the game. So while in FreeCam, when you move the camera, your character would move. So in reality you can look around all you want, but you're a free target for others. It's like going into Free Cam in SP and hitting backspace. Watch your character move around. So I don't consider it cheating at all to be totally honest. Really it's just useful for creating machinima. If you try to cheat by using free cam your character will move and you'll just get blasted or fall off a ledge or something.

So what's the bottom line? You can't cheat by using Free Cam in MP. The action does not stop, so while you're "freecaming" your character can easily get hacked to bits or shot up. And there's no map exploits that free cam will show you, since it doesn't collide with anything anyways.

We could only benefit from MP free cam. It's perfect for machinima, and any dorks trying to use free cam to cheat will end up having their character killed anyways.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Good. Then i guess we can have freecam for MP. :D
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

yes. :D Zappa and I REALLY REALLY need it soon.

And our game names which I finally remembered were- Zappa_0 and -={RA}=-Revan (if I remembered mine right). But really, Teancum, that was a extremely well put....point...thing lol. :D
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

It seems most people want it in MP. I'll put it in. There is one way that I have tried using Freecamera mode which gives the user a big advantage, but it only occurs in a small number of places...
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

A small number is better than a huge number though, so that's good.
^_^
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

A new version should be coming out by Monday. It will have Freecamera mode for MP, some noname blocks, and possible a button to boot any noname users. I can't get any other Fake Console commands to work.

Any other features people want?
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

Did you guys figure out how to make it so that you can have the camera stuck to the player and you can get a full 360' degree angle around him, while hes moving?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

It can't be done unfortunately. That's all done in the individual odfs for each class. It's not possible with lua. What Pandemic did in the trailers was create vehicles specifically for the purpose of filming. They edited the odfs to allow for a greater movement with the camera.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

Teancum wrote:It can't be done unfortunately. That's all done in the individual odfs for each class. It's not possible with lua. What Pandemic did in the trailers was create vehicles specifically for the purpose of filming. They edited the odfs to allow for a greater movement with the camera.
Interesting, that sorta sucks. And, also, I read in this thread, that + and - can control your speed? Is that true?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Thire wrote:
Teancum wrote:It can't be done unfortunately. That's all done in the individual odfs for each class. It's not possible with lua. What Pandemic did in the trailers was create vehicles specifically for the purpose of filming. They edited the odfs to allow for a greater movement with the camera.
Interesting, that sorta sucks. And, also, I read in this thread, that + and - can control your speed? Is that true?
Try it in-game.
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

I was wondering if I had found something pertaining to getting rid of the annoying awards such as guarding and war hero. In the Mod_ID->Common->Effects there are these FX files. Such as com_sfx_buff_regen and com_sfx_buffed_offense. There are about 8-9 of these files. I was just thinking that by maybe changing something inside of these then it may be possible to atleast make the awards invisble (not able to see the rings and ripples that can lag you're computer). Could you try this Zerted?