FC Mod (replaced by v1.3 patch)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want the FC commands to be map-extendable? (meaning mod maps can add in their own commands)

Yes, but I won't add commands for my maps
22%
Yes, I'd add commands for my maps
51%
Yes, but I'm not a modder
15%
No, but I'm not a modder
1%
No, but I'm a modder
3%
Don't care
8%

Total votes: 73
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Teancum wrote:...The devs literally removed all the console commands but ToggleQosDisplay in BattlefrontII.exe, so putting more console commands are impossible...
Thats what I thought happened. I can add the missing commands to the list, but the game doesn't know how to run those commands.

Strangly, the server manager has 33 commands left in. A map's lua would run these commands if the map was lanuched from the server manager.

I may leave the console in. I've learned how to change the server name (while the server is running) (useful for adding a server uptime counter in the server's name) and a few other things that may be useful to someone. I may be able to put these functions into the fake console.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Yea RayMo, but it's easier just to toggle it off in the console. Atleast I think it is easier. :P This stuff is really useful, and whenever I get the MP supported version, I'd really be thankful. (Not rushin or nothin, just sayin. :?)
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

I meant if it was possible to move the camera up and down...
stealth#a$$a$in{bf2}

Post by stealth#a$$a$in{bf2} »

i tried and tried nothing the way u stay when u do free cam thats the lvl how high it will be.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Home and End are the buttons for the camera's height. Is there a button to pause/unpause the game? (other than pressing esc and resume game)

Edit: I found out. You can press M to pause and unpause the game.
Last edited by Darth-Derkie on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Backspace
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

RevanSithLord wrote:...get the MP supported version, I'd really be thankful. (Not rushin or nothin, just sayin. :?)
Good thing you are not rushin.

For those who want to use freecamera mode in MP to create some movies, I need at least the following:

Server's IP address
List of players who will be in the movie
List of maps + game mode + era which will be in the movie
Map settings you want (bots, time limits, etc...)
(and some other things I haven't thought of yet)

These stats will help me build checks into the game to prevent the custom release from being used to cheat in normal MP games.

Edit: Old info. Freecamera mode is now unlocked in MP
Last edited by [RDH]Zerted on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Which anyone serious aobut hacking oculd probably remove. Can the common.lvl bypass server bans? But then again, its probably about defeating the ones who aren't serious.

On another note, this topic really shows that you can do a lot with bf2. I think you could probably even make a better server app than lockit with these codes, or at least with some of the swbfsm funcionality and mod maps. I'm not sure swbfsm can change names live so you might want to post you're findings in the server requests topic.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Anyone serious about hacking wouldn't bother downloading it from me. The source code is all open. Anyone who takes the time to read it can enable whatever for themselves. As the noname hack isn't even a 'real' hack (as the way most people do it), I don't think there are any hackers working on SWBF2.

You can do a lot with the scripts, but all the 'good' stuff is limited by the exe.

I'm not sure what you mean by bypassing server bans. Do you mean creating a custom .lvl which lets you join a server you are banned from? If so, I don't think the scripts have access to the cd-key hash. So far, most of my attempts to 'take over a server' have ended in crashes, which is good. The more crashes I get, the more stuff I can publicly release.

I don't think swbfsm would ever be able to change server names while a map is playing. This can only be done in the script, so once I figure out how to display a text prompt, it will be added to the fake console.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Problem is. The IP adress, it always changes for him. He has two modems, one for playing and stuff, and I dunno bout the other one. So I think the IP thing is out of the question I think. This will just really be me and him though. And I rarely play online- me and him dont really play SWBF 2 online at all, but this is just movie related stuff, so we are only using it for that purpose. We dont know on the other info either and it will be too much of a hassle for either of us to find out the info. But we really do need the mp supported mode bad, but we cant really provide the info you need. :( We are honest to good players when it comes to being online though. But I do know for one thing that the server (when up and stuff) would be either called Zappa's Server or JOM Server. And it would probably be most likely be only us two. So only the amount of players I could tell you it would be is just 2. So. And the time limit, none. Bots probably the max. Map list, I have no idea, just whatever we find we need. That's honestly the only info I can give.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Ok, just give me both your player names, and which one of you will be hosting the server.
crazytieguy
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by crazytieguy »

Wow. Free camera in the main BF2 game? That will be really fun, especially when you use it while you're playing!
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I updated the first post with a poll: Should freecamera be enabled in MP.

For it: Lets people make movies.
Aganist it: Lets people cheat.

It would allow players to scout ahead and see where units are. I could add things like a timer, then it would take a few seconds to exit freecamera mode, so if the player was attacked, he would die. I could also make is so the player died whenever it enters/exits freecamera mode.
^Destroyer^

RE: Re: RE: Common.lvl

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

I voted yes, because there are more funny stuff to see in mp then in sp.
~EDIT~: It's a great idea to let people die when they go into freecamera, sorta spectate but then better :)

^Destroyer^
Yocki

RE: Re: RE: Common.lvl

Post by Yocki »

you should make a vote sistem like for booting, then if he wants to make movies, the person needs the autorization of others
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Teancum wrote: If you can run BF2_modtools.exe just hit the ~ key then press tab to scroll through commands.
stealth#a$$a$in{bf2} wrote: it says the application failed because binkw32.dll was not found any ideas how i can run modtools exe? or see the console commands a diff way?
I got that too :(
Moving_Target wrote: Place it in your LucasArts/SWBF2/Gamedata folder then it will work. Simple.
I did that and it But hitting the ~ Key didn't work! :evil: (is it just ~ or is it Shift+~??)

EDIT: Never Mind :roll: ! I put it in the wrong folder By accident! *slaps himself in the face* It works now! thanks Moving_target!!
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Free Camera in MP for online movies and pics.

I like the idea that they die when they exit/enter free cam. Unless u come up with a better idea.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

I voted yes for your poll, I'm currently making a movie that requires online dueling, I'm at the time hoping enough people will also vote yes so I can finish my project. :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Erg. Both our player names hmm?

It's been a while, I'll have to find em again. lol
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: RE: Re: RE: Common.lvl

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Yocki wrote:you should make a vote sistem like for booting, then if he wants to make movies, the person needs the autorization of others
Intresting idea. While I can't access the results of a boot, I can start a boot vote. I might be able to start a boot request for anyone who enters freecamera mode. The other players ingame could decide to boot the person if they want to. In order for this to work, the freecamera mode button would have to be moved into the ingame player list.

Of course this may be broken by design already. I don't know how the game will react if two people enter freecamera mode and two boot requests are forced. (Guess I'll start testing after I get the videos posted...)