Geonosis: Attack of the Clones (ver 1.0 BETA)

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Gunjak

Geonosis: Attack of the Clones (ver 1.0 BETA)

Post by Gunjak »

GEONOSIS ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Finally i've released my brand new Geonosis map, This one is everything you see at Geonosis, plus extras.

A large scale battle between the republic and CIS forces.

There are Nine command Posts, Six of which are in control of the CIS and Three belong to the republic. There may be a big advantage for the CIS during the first part of the battle, but after all Five techno union ships have been destroyed, the advantage will be against the CIS.

I will get pics first thing tommorow. Its very late and i cant be bothered to take pics of my map. There are pics of it in the Mod in progress forum but they were taken a long time ago.

If you could please keep me up to date with the bugs and whatnot, i will be very happy to fix them XD lol.

The only bug i have discovered is the sound missing for the LAAT gunship

Have a Blast :P

http://files.filefront.com/Geonosis_Att ... einfo.html
MartinK

RE: Geonosis: Attack of the Clones (ver 1.0 BETA)

Post by MartinK »

downloading now, ive seen the post in the WIP forum, so i have an idea of the map, but i dont know what is that new stuff, so ill find out now, lol
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Well in the pics on the wip forum, alot of the props and rocks and stuff werent visible so ppl got the wrong idea and said it was too empty, you really got to play it yaself to get a good experience, there were a few ppl saying it wasnt there kinda map but they aint played it yet lol.
Linus

Post by Linus »

I'll D/L tomorrow. I must sleep now.

- Rest I must, yes.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Waaah a Leviathan Wanabee.

joking lol. do what you must.

Master yoda i must know!

edit, well i really gotta sleep, please leave your thoughts of my map, it would be greatley aprrieciated :)
MartinK

Post by MartinK »

i liked the map, similar to the geonosis in attack of the clones, but u should add more smoke or explosion, to make it more geonosis-like, and ships and stuff in the sky
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

ive updated it with gunship dome and put special effects like smoke and stuff along the battlefield im not gonna upload a new version so soon though.

Post by Guest »

it's good ill try and find any bugs if there are any
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

ImageImageImage

Heres some new pics.[/img]

Diet Dr. Pepper there small
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

Sweet,
Thanks for releasing it sir!
ARC Lambda 00

Post by Guest »

Map is very nice!

Bugs:
LAAT pilots are fur idioten kinder! I mean, they are stupid.
Galactic marines must be change to ARC Rails.

:)
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

Sorry,
Sir, could you upload the map to GameToast Downloads Section (Filefront has gone insane again...)
ARC Lambda 00

Post by Guest »

ARC_Trooper
If it is the last version of this map I'll move it to GT, but I try not to put betas on the server, since I have to upload them all myself.
(c) Teancum
ARC_Trooper

Post by ARC_Trooper »

sorry...
:oops: :oops: :oops:
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Not my type of map, this is why im making my
Geonosis: Attack of the Clones map with more objects and hills.

^Destroyer^
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

Fun. Great for a first try, and to be frank, a lot better than I expected, its nothing special, but I can see potential.

I suggest this: adding some terrain differences, not to much because the desert-y feel is good, but just enough to make it feel real. More units. Bump em up by about 20 and your set.

Also, the CIS is in favor. I know you mentioned this, and you also said after you destroy the techno Unions it would be balanced. Well the issue is, it takes to long to destroy them, and by the time you do the battle is lost. I suggest giving the Republic either another cp, or a 10/15 unit advantage (not in reinforcements, in units on field) over the CIS.

Other than that, fun map, and keep up the good work
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

Well, whether or not i release a new version im still gonna have my problem with the geo_prop_dust.

I added it, i think i added too much, gave me huuuge lag and now i cant get rid of it, even if i delete it from zeroedit. :(

eh what did you mean by great for a first try?
PvtParts
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by PvtParts »

I was under the empression this was your first map.. It is your first map released, no?
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

No lol, i have also made Geonosis Earthbound assault.
heres a link if you want to dl it. http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... ault;57991

again its geonosis, my all time fasvourite planet :P

i personnaly think it is far better than this map, download it , if you havent already :D
Jedi_Trooper

Post by Jedi_Trooper »

i really liked your earthbound assault map. really good vehicular combat there :) ill download this right now and tell you what i think :)
BTW, for your next map, maybe choose a different planet :P
just a thought you know :wink: