Dxun Mountain Outpost Relased Updated!

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Big_rich

Dxun Mountain Outpost Relased Updated!

Post by Big_rich »

I'm posting this for a fellow member of -(DW)- He can't seem to get a registration.

-(DW)- Dxun Mountain Outpost.

Setting/Story.
This is my first attempt at creating a map for SWBF2.
It is based loosely on the planet Dxun,where the rebels are defending their base from imperial attack.

This is a BETA version,but its very close to final.As it is, there are a few small things that i know of that need fixing(mostly things that are beyond my expertise)which may or may not get fixed.Its in an very playable state so ive decide to release it now.

Any feedback welcomed,contact me on xfire,crixuk.

This is a very fun map and I know that we at -(DW)- are proud of our mate! Check it out. He is a texture and lighting wiz kid.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=4277007

Filefront version:
http://files.filefront.com/KCBv091BETAr ... einfo.html
Last edited by Big_rich on Fri May 26, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by yankeefan05 »

Sounds nice. Im downloading now. :D

For other people who want to download this, please post creenshots of this map.
Squirrel7Hunter

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

nice map! great layout. except there needsto be more units, if gets kind of boring running around with little to shoot at, but other than that, its great! :D

I have a question to who made this map, where did u get the turrent in the picture, it looks really kool and I might want to add that to one of my maps
machoman

HELP!

Post by machoman »

I saw that this file is .rar... :( I've only been usin zip files--could someone explain how to get and use the .rar files plzzz??? I am sooo confused and i've seen a ton of new and cool maps that r .rar, but i cant download :( (including this one) PLZ help!!! Thnx. :D
Big_rich

RE: HELP!

Post by Big_rich »

RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

RE: HELP!

Post by RAymo »

just played this map and its awesome. i took some pics and ill post them when i get some free time :P
machoman

Help (again)

Post by machoman »

thnx for the hyperlink big rich but which one do i download? Theres like a million to choose from... I rlly wanna download ur map :cry: It looks great! Plz help--Thnx
Big_rich

RE: Help (again)

Post by Big_rich »

the first one for windows. Like beta version 3. the one right at the top.
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by RAymo »

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

This is a great map. It's one that's staying on my hard drive, and that's saying a lot. It makes great use of in-game models, foliage, vehicles, etc. I hope the author plans to release one more version with tweaks on a few things however. For example:

-The color of the grass is really bright. It seems kinda cartoony
-Fill the 'main outpost' (the big Kamino building) with crates, recharge and ammo droids, those big displays in the Yavin Temple, etc.
lord.of.the.sith.lords

Post by lord.of.the.sith.lords »

looks good from the screens but as Squirrel7Hunter said not too many units on the battle feild i'd say its worth d/ling if you put more units in :P
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

nice job big rich DW can mod lol

-(DW)-Shelhound
Big_rich

Post by Big_rich »

Not me man, all crix. I only played a minor supporting role on some things he got stuck on. Told ya he is a great map maker.
Tuskenjedi

Post by Tuskenjedi »

is it uberistic? (uber)

Post by Guest »

Big_rich
Great! Dxun moon is one of my favorite planets... Map is very nice too ^btw, maybe will add Onderon planet as decoration? at next version?^
pYRo

Post by pYRo »

can you post it in .zip format please?
SWShellhound

Post by SWShellhound »

Big rich i think either you or crix should convertt o zip so we could have options, as rars on filefront me, asnd have errors and dont work no matter what, and on savefile i have to tearn off a bunch of stuff on my comp, IF this is a final definatly convert zip if not it would still be nice so more people can access your great map.

Not me man, all crix. I only played a minor supporting role on some things he got stuck on. Told ya he is a great map maker.

Ok then please give my credit to CrixUK for making an awsome map, that as of now i can't play for reasons posted above, lol.

-(DW)-Shellhound
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

For those who complain about zips, Download WinRAR. It's a small download and lots of files on the net use it. Follow this link:

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-225 ... ag=lst-0-1

Then click 'Download Now'.
Wadi

Post by Wadi »

Whoa...awesome map. What I realy lvoed about this was it's a great one for going solo as a bothan spy behind enemy lines. It's got an amazing GCW feel to it, just like in the movies. I fail to see how you could improve this. The only thing I can think of would be adding some speeder bikes, but not too many. Definetly one to stay on my hard drive.
crixuk

Post by crixuk »

Ok folks,ive managed to get registered.
Thanks for all the great feedback,im really blown away at how well my first map has been recieved.

Ill have a new and improved version out very soon(next few days hopefully).Ive upped the unit counts on both sides so there is more action
and it plays a lot better with more units on the field at once.
Ive also added some more objects here and there,added loads of crates and obstacles inside the big Kamino building(thanx for the idea Teancum,adding crates and stuff inside here adds a lot for the gameplay in this area).Lots more little tweaks and stuff.

Ill keep all those interested updated regularly.

P.S ill try and get it hosted as a ZIP for all of you having probs.Though i strongly suggest you download WinRAR!!

Thanx again for all the great comments etc.