V1.7-UTAPAU ATTACK

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

maybe you could let the LAATs spawn near the CP in the sinkhole and make them ONLY hover above CIS when the AI gets in and slowly take shots at the CIS forces with anti-infantry bolts like the LAAT/i in Penguin's tatooine:valley map or you could use the LAAT like in teancum's Bespin:platforms map which hover. :wink:
pss_2002

Post by pss_2002 »

Could you have LAATs be the spawn points in the cap ships. Instead of having a capturable command post on the ships (have one you cannot capture), and then have the LAATs be your spawn point just like you can do with transports in space. Then when the AI get into one and take off, until it gets destroyed and respawns, you don't have a lot of AI just sitting up there. On a previous land map that had cap ships above it, they had incliminted this and it worked. You had enough AI to fly ships when they spawned, but when the LAAT flew off you had a 'type of limit' to how many can spawn in the cap ship.
Squirrel7Hunter

Post by Squirrel7Hunter »

I didnt think of that :lol: but there still the matter of animation and the units not spawning after it lands, well technically it never took off. If I could get rid of the taking of and landing in the odf, then it would work, but I dont know what to delete in it.
Tain

Post by Tain »

Great map. I seem to have a problem with it though, as the basic clone trooper still has the 501st blue colorscheme, while the rest of the clones have the proper yellowish marked armor.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

It's a great map better the original game map for me but only one thing more apart the basic clone trooper blue is that when the soldier reload the gun he make it very slow. Could you fix this problem please? Thanks for your map master!!!
Squirrel7Hunter

woops, I thought I said that I'm having trouble with the regular clone trooper skins but I guess I forgot, there is a skin for the normal clone trooper but it didnt work for some reason, And I will raise the reload time on the rifleman
pss_2002

Post by pss_2002 »

How is the LAAT and cap ships comming along, any progress?
Squirrel7Hunter

I havent gotten to those yet, I have been working on the sides , I still cant seem to get my rifleman skin to work.. but I will work on those next since its high on my list of to do things.
Protector_Pulch

Post by Protector_Pulch »

Or just place the LAATs close to the edge, on a invisible surface, in a way that you spawn on the platform when spawning from the LAAT. These LAATs could be used as turrets as seen in Rise of the Empire #1. And on the cap, you could have BF1 helicopter-laats or laats which stand still when you slow them down by pressing "S".
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Archangel wrote: the soldier reload the gun he make it very slow. Could you fix this problem please?
=>
Squirrel7hunter wrote: And I will raise the reload time on the rifleman
Is there a misunderstanding here ? I think these two quotes are opposite. Souldn't raise be decrease ? Strange. :?

By the way the map is great it looks so much better than the original, the battle is MASSIVE !!! I do have to say I did like the commander from 1.5 (although he made my game crash when I switched his weapons) Good work !!!
Jedi_Trooper

Post by Jedi_Trooper »

Hows the map coming along squirrel? any progress on the LAATs and turrets? i think i speak for everyone when i dont want this map to die!
Darth_Plagus_The_Wise

Post by Darth_Plagus_The_Wise »

How are those magna guard staffs comming along? do the magna guards have a cape as well? And the next version you make I am hoping its a final.... cuz i cant wait till this map is finished completely!
(GT)superfobio

Post by (GT)superfobio »

it may have taken forever but here is CP 2 Image
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

It is hard to see, but I can make it out
AlPhA29

Post by AlPhA29 »

Squirrel7Hunter, hows the sounds coming?any progress? or have u given up on this map to work on your PXR race map
Squirrel7Hunter

I am going to retry rends sound tutorial and see if i get it right thistime :? I have been working on my utapau rifleman skin trying to get it to work, I think I almost have it.
Jedi_Trooper

Post by Jedi_Trooper »

hey squirrel its been a while since your last post how is the map coming along? any luck with the skins or sounds?
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

hey squirrel its been a while since your last post how is the map coming along? any luck with the skins or sounds?
give him a break, he was away for a few days. i'm sure he'll post about updates as soon as possible...
Squirrel7Hunter

its alright talibanman, I didnt tell anyone I was going away until i got back, no new updates since I have been away for a week, met alot of new friends at camp,Anyone here of lead America? thats where I was and I will be leaving in a week again, but this time ill be away for 2 weeks, :P so i wont get much dont for awhile.
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

its alright talibanman, I didnt tell anyone I was going away until i got back, no new updates since I have been away for a week, met alot of new friends at camp,Anyone here of lead America? thats where I was and I will be leaving in a week again, but this time ill be away for 2 weeks, Razz so i wont get much dont for awhile.
allright, just making sure you don't feel "pushed" :D