Ancient Research Facility FINAL - 06/04/06

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

squipple wrote: Lando would be good here, depending on the weapon chosen for him. I like Leia on this map because there's quite a few sniping opportunities and her gun lends so well to that. The places in the shipped maps are few and far between for that because she's in maps that are close quarters combat.
Yeah, I was thinking about Lando with a sniper rifle (quite same as Leia but blue or something) or a Han Solo & Fett type rifle (which is practically as usefull as a sniper) but I haven't seent him or his weapon so I don't know. I agree, with the sniping opportunities Leia is a good choice, I was just thinking If Lando had the same weapon type he would be even better.
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

thx for the link squipple :D
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Continuing my last post, I asked Teancum about Lando on his Tatooine thread and he said lando was alot like Han and had a DH 17 Blaster. So I guess he will have Han's animations.
http://www.iaw.on.ca/~btaylor1/DH-17BlasterPistol.html
This site states it's short-range (30m optimum). I think it will be like Han's and Boba's.

P.S. I played the map online and it was very smooth, no problem at all. The wooden door (opening) in the tunnels is extremely fun, You can lay mines in that entrance and then walk up to the right onto some higher terrain, evade all detonators and launch a nice rocket in the opening :D It killed Leia 3 times :D ROFL GREAT MAP !!!
NovaNerfherder

Post by NovaNerfherder »

Great eye-candy and layout. It's a keeper. I'll be tracking any updates you make!
JawaMan

Post by JawaMan »

Dude!!! awesome! Downloading right now!
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Great map. I recommend everyone to give this map a try :wink:
Droid803

Post by Droid803 »

This looks so good....must DL and play...
Colo FIsh w00t!!!
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Great map. I recommend everyone to give this map a try :wink:
Ditto, great stuff squipple. It's already pretty addictive! :)
Narlie-Charlie

Post by Narlie-Charlie »

Very nice! Kind of reminds me of the old Bond games for n64. I have a question though, did you make the greenhouse section to look like part of the greenhouse in the Harry Potter video games? Because it reminds me a lot of it.
Gordman

Post by Gordman »

VERY NICE, it reminds me of India Jones or Tomb Raider.... like it very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by squipple »

Heh, lots of people getting reminded of other things with this map. A good thing I guess.
I didn't take any ideas from anywhere but my head. One of my friends suggested a king-of-the-hill situation, which is where the pyramid came from, but that's about it.
NegativeSmiley

Post by NegativeSmiley »

Its very good. Congrats its quite awesome. Fun play and everything. Model useage is quite nice.
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by RAymo »

this map is awesome, especially the variety of environments. very good for an alpha
Vauris

Post by Vauris »

I like this map a lot. So much, in fact, that I'm going to tailor an entire sidequest of my Star Wars RP based on this map. It's a nice, refreshing taste of originality in the universe with a myriad of enjoyable playing zones.

I must admit that I had a few accidents in the greenhouse area. In the walkway over the abyss, I didn't realize there was a hole in the middle of the platform until I walked through it. lawl

My favorite area is probably the central tunnel that has varying terrain heights. It feels a lot like a tournament-style paintball game; lots of cover, fast-paced, targets only revealing themselves for a short period.

All I would request is that you release a version that pits Empire vs. Republic. Regardless, it's an excellent map.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Now I'm mad that I uninstalled BF2.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Incredible map. Just flat out cool. No joke.
future

Post by future »

Imho maybe the best custom map for BF2 yet.
It's got a great atmosphere, colors & lights, lots of different areas and all of it is very well mended together.
One can feel the hours you spent building it!
A refrenshingly different approach from "let's put some vehicles on a plain with some mountains and call it a map" - maps.
This is a 1st/3rd person shooter game, not a racing game & Squipple got the knack for it!
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

This map is absolutely awesome! I like those indoor infantry battles and the ambience is extremely cool!
LordGrievous13

Post by LordGrievous13 »

good map but theres just one small glitch
See how the rock sticks out of the metal
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

lol, I use that spot as Boba on hero assault or as a jettrooper on conquest :P