Ancient Research Facility FINAL - 06/04/06

New maps and mods are coming out quickly. If you release something (even a beta) please post it here. Be sure to give details in the topic such as Map/Mod name and version

Moderator: Moderators

squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Ancient Research Facility FINAL - 06/04/06

Post by squipple »

Here's my first map, Ancient Research Facility
There's no specific story behind this. I'll leave it up to you to use your imagination.

Final Version includes:
- Conquest
- 1-Flag CTF
- 2-Flag CTF
- Hero Assault
- Hunt - The Rebel's side has tamed the Acklay and it will help in the battle against the Wampa.
- Acklay and Cave Wampa locals
- All indoor but with a wide variety of rooms allowing for close combat as well as long distance.
- fx including steam, fireflies, glow, and godrays.
- Minimap

Known issues:
- In multiplayer, Acklay will show up on one of the teams on the stats page, but only on client side, not on host. I'm unsure if this is even fixable.

- Once in a while the team spawning on the pyramid at the beginning of the round in conquest will show them as having the Arboretum CP as well, but if you try to spawn there, it will spawn you at the pyramid anyway. This is also in multiplayer, and only on the client side.

-In hunt, Acklay freaks out if you tell him to follow you, and will spaz out and push you around..possibly through walls so you will fall to your death. This is a combo file issue that AFIK noone has a solution to. Best advised not to try to have him follow. But he is a great body guard if you just stand under him and let him take care of Wampa :wink:

- I tried adding deathregions in places where wallhackers might get, but droidekas are just too sensitive to them. Their proximity for deathregions to destroy them is much greater than every other character, making it nearly useless to have deathregions in small areas. I only have blanket deathregions below the map (which will take care of about 90% of allhacks, since you just fall to your death), and one above the entire map, in case there are jettroopers that somehow try to fly above the map.

This is the final version, feel free to distribute.

Thanks for the help:
Teancum
Minilogoguy
Lord Bandu
00M-9
Psychofred
Epena
Vyse
Guru and crew (for keepin up GT)

-----

Screens

The wave tunnel

The Hex Room

Colo Fish Statue (go on..jump in his mouth :) )

Twisty Tunnel

The Artifact Room

The Pyramid

The Arboretum

The Caves.

BETA IMAGES

"Oh snap!"

Who's nest and egg larvae could that be?

New FX galore!

Download Ancient Researh Facility Final via Rapidshare

Download Ancient Researh Facility Final via Filefront
Last edited by squipple on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 14 times in total.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

RE: Ancient Research Facility Alpha - 05/01/06

Post by DeathRow »

Looks very nice, downloading now!
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by RAymo »

looks nice. for some reason this reminds me of metroid prime, especially the artifact room and the arboretum :D
Champ_Amos

Post by Champ_Amos »

I've just played the map and thought it was great! But I think the pyramid is a bit out of place. Maybe you could add an Ackley to The Arboretum and maybe have some pools of water or a stream in the cave and make it bigger like a maze. But for now 9/10

EDIT: Cheers DarthDeathRow :D
Last edited by Champ_Amos on Mon May 01, 2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

I agree, This map is great.. Acklay would be awesome too.

BTW - Champ_Amos, Welcome to Gametoast
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

Great map man! And its just an Alpha!
Imma jump in the colofish's mouth now :)
DarthDoy11

Post by DarthDoy11 »

Alpha, could you upload it to filefront or somewhere because rapidshare never works for me and I really want to play it.
-Iceman-

Post by -Iceman- »

This looks very nice!!! D/L it right now!
RєÅpér

Post by RєÅpér »

the map has potential

dl now

Post by Guest »

Nice map.

Colo Fish is great work lol
t3tine

Post by t3tine »

niiiiiiiiiiice :D
d/ling it
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

This looks amaaaazing, DL now.
moberemk

Post by moberemk »

For some reason, that last screen reminded me of Arturis Prime from Jedi Outcast. Weird.
Rpe7

Post by Rpe7 »

Wow Squipple, the map is really good !!! A lot of diversity. Top 3 map of the non conversions to me. You put many obstacles and places in to take cover and I really like that. And 'the jaws of the beast' are really of exceptional beauty. Really nice choice for Boba Fett, but I had 1 suggestion. What do you think about replacing Leia with Lando? He exists, I think yodaminch made him but I'm not sure, I searched the forum but I didn't find him anymore. Teancum has him, maybe if you like the idea you can ask him. I think he would fit really well in this map. And he would be a good countercharacter for Fett.
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

DarthDoy11 wrote:Alpha, could you upload it to filefront or somewhere because rapidshare never works for me and I really want to play it.
i agree, if you find the time, could you please upload to filefront or savefile. map looks great :D
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

This looks good! Definitely downloading! Kinda reminds of Jedi Academy...

So...does everyone model now?
jameswalwyn

Post by jameswalwyn »

Just played the map and I am V IMPRESSED. I think you set an example to all map makers to bring out your first version bug free. I'm sick of people releasing half hearted maps that need seven more versions before completion. "If your too busy to get everything done then don't release it".
Well done matey!!

This is a very solid and stable map. Lots of variation in the setting but the same time it all connects nicely. Greenhouse, Fossil Excavation, Pyramid thing (like an old tomb), technician room, mine tunnels.

Can't find a bad thing to say about it. Like u said tho some fancy make up would be the iceing on the cake.

This map, in my opinion of course, tells everyone else to release your own maps more complete. I spent a solid hour yesterday deleting maps out of my addon folder because either i would never play on them again or theres too much to be done on the map at the present time. (p.s. i spent an hour cos you have to rename the file to find out what map it is, if you get me)
ricky15

Post by ricky15 »

i agree with darth doy plz post on filefront :arrow:
sawyerdk9

Post by sawyerdk9 »

This map looks awesome, I love new models. As with the others, could you upload somewhere else
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

@ Rpe7 - Lando would be good here, depending on the weapon chosen for him. I like Leia on this map because there's quite a few sniping opportunities and her gun lends so well to that. The places in the shipped maps are few and far between for that because she's in maps that are close quarters combat.

@ Champ_Amos - An Acklay might be ok in the arboretum, I'm just thinking it would get caught up on all the objects in there. I may try it out.

Oh, and check the first post - I added a filefront link as well.